Brussels region noise regulation

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Crosswind

Re: Brussels region noise regulation

Post by Crosswind »

sn-remember : would you accept nuisance for free, simply by the worry to beeing nice with others ? "Oh, sorry, I take all the nuisance without any return, or so little, because I love you".

Not realistic. Certainly in this artificial splitted country. Whether we want it or not, Brussels airport noise is a pure political problem. 100% !

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

sn-remember wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 12:44 As an aside, I must state that I disapprove the way this debate is conducted by some on this tread and some in the political sphere ... although not everybody thanksfully !
1. It's not relevant to distinguish which human category is impacted by the nuisance. A human is a human whatever his/her race, religion, culture, wealth and should be treated equally. This 'ethnic' divide in the politics is rotten.
2. It's not relevant to differenciate among workers origin at the airport to conclude which patterns of air trafic nuisance to adopt. The airport would employ an all Indian manpower, what would you say then he ?
3. It's not relevant to compare which category is using most the airport facility either .. Indeed lets think and act as if we were all the same 'colour' or value ?
Those types of arguments are simply insane (and unacceptable in these days and age .. me think) !
I say there must be an undiscriminating way to handle the nuisance issue around the airport, and no, I do NOT want to check the 'colour' of the people bothered (or not) in their sleep.
I don't think it's about ethnic groups we are discussing here but more about numbers....
Hasta la victoria siempre.

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

Crosswind wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 12:51 sn-remember : would you accept nuisance for free, simply by the worry to beeing nice with others ? "Oh, sorry, I take all the nuisance without any return, or so little, because I love you".
Not realistic. Certainly in this artificial splitted country. Whether we want it or not, Brussels airport noise is a pure political problem. 100% !
The politics conducted on the basis of 'ethnical' discrimination are rotten. I say its' time to upper the political game but is it possible in this country ? Or like André says, should we call an external entity to help on this controversial issue ?
@lumumba: ''ethnic' is to sociology what 'community' is to politics ..

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

sn-remember wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 13:18
The politics conducted on the basis of 'ethnical' discrimination are rotten. I say its' time to upper the political game but is it possible in this country ? Or like André says, should we call an external entity to help on this controversial issue ?

I do fully agree. An external point of view able to equally balance facts and figures would be a must. But this country, splitted as it is, will never allow that I'm afraid.

Here is the recent report Bourgeois gave to Charles Michel : http://www.lalibre.be/actu/politique-be ... 397f138c6a

Quite a joke, all the 4 points. How to negociate with such a bad faith ?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Crosswind wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 13:38 Here is the recent report Bourgeois gave to Charles Michel : http://www.lalibre.be/actu/politique-be ... 397f138c6a
Quite a joke, all the 4 points. How to negociate with such a bad faith ?
You must be joking? Bourgeois is a not only a straight and honnest politician, he's also a lawyer. So he knows damn right what he's talking about. To make a Conflict of interest valid, there is just one condition: the president of the negociation board (comité de concertation/overlegcomité) has to accept it. it's as simple as that. And the president has accepted it. The counter argument from Vervoort (= Flanders has no right to call a second Conflict of interest) is waived by the acceptance by president of the negociation board.

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

Passenger wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 14:04 You must be joking? Bourgeois is a not only a straight and honnest politician, he's also a lawyer. So he knows damn right what he's talking about. To make a Conflict of interest valid, there is just one condition: the president of the negociation board (comité de concertation/overlegcomité) has to accept it. it's as simple as that. And the president has accepted it. The counter argument from Vervoort (= Flanders has no right to call a second Conflict of interest) is waived by the acceptance by president of the negociation board.
I do not comment on the "Conflict of interest" process, neither on the acceptance by the overlegcomité, for which I give the slightest importance (rights on this matter is quite a volatile concept). No, I comment on the text's core, the four points.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Crosswind wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 14:10
Passenger wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 14:04 You must be joking? Bourgeois is a not only a straight and honnest politician, he's also a lawyer. So he knows damn right what he's talking about. To make a Conflict of interest valid, there is just one condition: the president of the negociation board (comité de concertation/overlegcomité) has to accept it. it's as simple as that. And the president has accepted it. The counter argument from Vervoort (= Flanders has no right to call a second Conflict of interest) is waived by the acceptance by president of the negociation board.
I do not comment on the "Conflict of interest" process, neither on the acceptance by the overlegcomité, for which I give the slightest importance (rights on this matter is quite a volatile concept). No, I comment on the text's core, the four points.
Those four points are the reason why Bourgeois calls a Conflict of interest. And the four points are all 100% correct.
(repeat:
http://www.lalibre.be/actu/politique-be ... 397f138c6a)

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

Point 1 : Brussels Airport is located on flemish territory. Nuisances are scattered all over, among other regions, Brussels. Brussels get prejudice from that way of use. Can the return to the sender really be considered as prejudice ? I'm not use to put my garbage in front of my neighbour's door daring, in case of smash return, c'est trop injuste.

Point 2 : maybe the most incredible. So by using their airport, flemish government takes, obviously, the right to transfer a public health problem to another region, and if the latter dares to complain, it's an infrigement to the flemish soil rights ? Come on !!

Point 3 : Federal loyalty. Federal loyalty ? in this country, is just a dream. Furthermore, from a separatist that kind of loyalty is to die of laughter.

Point 4 is useless since it's just a personal appreciation.

Total fail.

Nevertheless, in 60 days the dance will start.

convair

Post by convair »

It's a very unfortunate situation.

The B region seems to have the law on its side (at least in 60 days). However, fines are not the best way to solve the problem. There were some meetings between the authorities involved; I haven't seen an argumented proposal from either side.

It definitely is a political matter, but with other aspects than purely "communautair" (health, safety...). In the present circumstances, I believe only a college of foreign experts would be able to make a balanced proposal, taking into account both technical and human aspects.

What I would like to see, btw, is a list of the flights that would be impacted: at what time of the day, which companies, which routes (canal, right turn, left turn), level of the fine.....

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Crosswind wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 14:44 Nevertheless, in 60 days the dance will start.
Sure, "60 days"? I bet on 120 days.

Figures from Belgocontrol (on VTM): departing flights 2015:
5.261 over Brussels downtown
38.565 over Noordrand (to make it easy: towards Tervuren)
40.294 only over Flanders

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

Passenger wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 15:47
Crosswind wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 14:44 Nevertheless, in 60 days the dance will start.
Sure, "60 days"? I bet on 120 days.

Figures from Belgocontrol (on VTM): departing flights 2015:
5.261 over Brussels downtown
40.294 only over Flanders
Noordrand and Tervueren ? Could you clarify your figures ?

EBBU

Post by EBBU »

Noordrand = Relegem (Asse), Wemmel, Hamme (Merchtem), Meise, Strombeek-Bever, Grimbergen en Beigem,
Koningslo en Het Voor (Vilvoorde)

So not 'towards Tervuren' and not a part of Brussels Capital Region but a part of Flanders.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Indeed : should have been not Noordrand but towards Tervuren:

5.261 flights over Brussels
40.294 flights to Grimbergen, Meise, Wemmel, ...
38.565 flights to Woluwe, Tervuren

luchtzak 2017 02 22 print screen vtm nieuws.jpg

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

Ok, those seems "correct".

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Passenger wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 18:12 Indeed : should have been not Noordrand but towards Tervuren:

I don't understand the 40.294 and 38.565 are first flying also over Brussels and this at a lower altitudes.

Or did I miss something...
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

lumumba wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 18:18 I don't understand the 40.294 and 38.565 are first flying also over Brussels and this at a lower altitudes.
Indeed. And repeat: "...Alles samen ondervinden 13.900 mensen potentieel zware hinder van het vliegtuiglawaai. Het gaat om 10.300 Vlamingen uit vooral Zaventem, Machelen, Steenokkerzeel en Vilvoorde, ten opzichte van 3.600 Brusselaars. Dat blijkt uit onderzoek van de UGent in 2015..."

University Ghent: "...severe noise hinder for 13.900 people: 10.300 inhabitants from Flanders (mainly Zaventem, Machelen, Steenokkerzeel, Vilvoorde), and 3.600 inhabitants from Brussels..."

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20170222_02745025

http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20170221 ... n=61864353

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

In any case, whatever the way in which the calculations are made, Brussels Regio has the right to impose noise restrictions over his territory.

Punt aan de lijn.

Edit : by the way, all the southern turns overflies Brussels. Rightly.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Crosswind wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 18:26 In any case, whatever the way in which the calculations are made, Brussels Regio has the right to impose noise restrictions over his territory. Punt aan de lijn.
Indeed. Prof Van De Voorde (Universiteit Antwerpen) confirms your statement in Het Nieuwsblad: “Het probleem is dat ze in Brussel niet wakker lijken te liggen van een paar duizend jobs minder. Dat hoeft ook niet te verbazen, als je de tewerkstellingsgraad bekijkt in gemeenten als Schaarbeek en Sint-Jans-Molenbeek. Misschien moet Vlaanderen maar een manier vinden om hun visie door te voeren. Ik zeg niet dat we naar een chantage-oorlog moeten, maar er zijn middelen genoeg om Brussel op de knieën te krijgen.”

Translated, in brief: "...Brussels doesn't care about employment: just look at the unemployment figures for Schaerbeek and Molenbeek-Saint-Jean..."

Source
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20170222_02745025

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

lumumba wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 18:18
Passenger wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 18:12 Indeed : should have been not Noordrand but towards Tervuren:

I don't understand the 40.294 and 38.565 are first flying also over Brussels and this at a lower altitudes.

Or did I miss something...
indeed ... it's close to 100%...
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

Ok. Does flemish gvt care about those "thousands" of jobs at risk just because they refuse to adapt the spreading plan more equally ? Easy to do : take responsibility.

Wait and see ;-)