Oostende building 500 houses near the airport

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

blackhawk

Oostende building 500 houses near the airport

Post by blackhawk »

According to the VRT news, Oostende wants to build 500 houses somewhere near the airport. They will tell the people they live in such an area and that they have to accept the airport and especially the airplanes landing and taking off. Does someone has more info?

SAH9101

Post by SAH9101 »

Here's an article in Dutch
http://www.hetnieuwsblad.be/Nieuws/Deta ... D=GR88BI70
They admit that the prices to build are lower than the average because of the vicinity of the airport. That's the so called social aspect.
Wonder how long people will remember this, before they start complaining...

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

how long will it take before WILOO responds ...

B737229

Post by B737229 »

Same problem here in BRU , houses are build under 25R. Buy them cheap, live there for a couple of months and start complaining!

Sounds a typical Belgian deseace !

B737229

Post by B737229 »

Bottie wrote:how long will it take before WILOO responds ...
I think they will not respond till the houses are build.. and then the attack will follow!
Last edited by B737229 on 28 Aug 2004, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

Avro

Post by Avro »

B737229 wrote:Same problem here in BRU , houses are build under 25R. Buy them cheap, live there for a couple of months and start complaining!

Sounds a typical Belgian deseace !
I totally agree with you.

I went under the 25R approach path a couple of days ago and saw everywhere new houses that are being build. And in a few months those people will certainly start complaining :shakehead:

Chris

SAH9101

Post by SAH9101 »

Wiloo is only a handfull of people, don't worry about them. Their political impact is zero.

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Let's do the same as Schiphol did.
Buy those houses yourself and sell them against a relative low price to spotters or people working in aviation.
They won't complain about the noice.

Only problem. I don't think they can find 500 spotters that are planning to move to Ostend ;)

Best Regards,
Yvo

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Just take a look to the 'wiloo-soundteam' movies on their site ... especially to the houses in the background ...

the average IQ of a wullox-member can't be that high since the DB-meter is almost invisible because they're filming against the sun :roll:

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

AN124 wrote:Let's do the same as Schiphol did.
Buy those houses yourself and sell them against a relative low price to spotters or people working in aviation.
They won't complain about the noice.

Only problem. I don't think they can find 500 spotters that are planning to move to Ostend ;)

Best Regards,
Yvo

I'm certainly not planning to live in Ostend ... just to avoid a civilwar between me and a wiloo-neighbour ...

waldova

Post by waldova »

I think this is stupid. This way they are just creating more problems for the airport of Ostend. These people will come because it is cheap. But it is sure that in a few years they will complain. They will get tired of the noise. They will say: "At the time we bought the house there was only this amount of traffic, you should look at it now, it is not acceptable". No really this is a stupid idea.

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

B737229 wrote:
Bottie wrote:how long will it take before WILOO responds ...
I think they will not respond till the houses are build.. and then the attack will follow!
here we go:

http://193.121.55.225/tt/tt.php?p=116&g=on&s=0&r=0&x=1

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Bottie, I included the text mentioned on teletekst below as that page doesn't exist long enough.
Teletekst pagina 116 wrote:WONINGBOUW BIJ OOSTENDSE LUCHTHAVEN
­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­
De stad Oostende gaat 500 nieuwe
woningen bouwen vlakbij de luchthaven.
De gemeenteraad heeft dat plan
voorlopig goedgekeurd.

De actiegroep Wiloo zegt dat nu nog
meer mensen hinder zullen ondervinden
van uitlaatgassen en lawaai.

Schepen Bart Bronders relativeert die
kritiek en zegt dat Oostende de extra
ruimte nodig heeft en dat er geen ander
woonuitbreidingsgebied meer is.

Wel moet er volgens hem een bufferzone
komen evenals geluidswerende
maatregelen. De kopers moeten ook weten
dat de luchthaven voor lawaai gaat
zorgen.

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

oops, forgot about that

thx chief :thumbsup:

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

Can they set up an industrial estate in that area? It wouldn't matter too much if there were factories & such-like there,; factories make enough noise (usually) to cover A/c sounds :roll: .
luchtzak wrote: bottie, I included the text mentioned on teletekst below as that page doesn't exist long enough
I clicked on that link & every word appeared to be there, even though I couldn't understand a word of it :roll: :?

bottie wrote: oops, forgot about that

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

bigjulie wrote:I clicked on that link & every word appeared to be there, even though I couldn't understand a word of it :roll: :?
Julie,

it's a small summary of what has been said earlier in the thread: New houses build in Ostend near the airport, action-group not happy, etc... ;)

pilatus

Post by pilatus »

Indeed you cannot understand that such a thinks happen. You can count on it that those people will complain in a few years. It sound more as a preparation to have in a few years a reason to close Ostend.

Greetz

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

How long will it take now before Ostend-Bruges International Airport becomes a souvenir? :evil:
André
ex Sabena #26567

AN124

Post by AN124 »

And the WILOO reaction is also there.
Have a look at the following site:

http://users.skynet.be/wiloo/absurdistan_continued.htm

Sorry for the dutch language.

Best Regards,
Yvo

Avro

Post by Avro »

from Wiloo wrote:Het enige verschil tussen de twee situaties is dat men van ‘dicht bij een luchthaven wonen’, net zoals bij roken of bij asbestvervuiling, niet onmiddellijk sterft en de gezondheidseffecten slecht heel subtiel en langzaam plaats vinden!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: For smoking or Asbest I agree but for being near of planes :lol: :lol: