A319 Returns to Birmingham (BHX)

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Comet

A319 Returns to Birmingham (BHX)

Post by Comet »

SNBA will again schedule the A319 between BRU and BHX. Some flights in November are already scheduled with the type, including the mid afternoon service and the later evening service (I think SN2049/2050). I found that out when I went onto the website to check the timetable details for my own flights in November. Currently, SNBA scheduled the regional jets on the BHX service.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Sounds logic to me, since the A319 will have less work to do during the winter season because there will be less charter flights where they need to fly.

Chris

Comet

Post by Comet »

Isn't the A319 used mainly on the Istanbul, Moscow and Saint Petersburg services? Will those routes be reduced in the winter timetable, how many A319s do SNBA operate?

SN2049 is a night stopping flight, which will mean that an A319 is stabled in BHX overnight, I wouldn't have thought they had that many to have them stopping overnight away from BRU.

I know that SN2050 is an early morning departure at some unearthly hour before 7am!
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Also the morning flight to MAN will be operated by A319, as well as the morning LGW flight. And don't forget Casablanca. The flight to BCN will be changed from A319 to ARJ100.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

Comet wrote:Isn't the A319 used mainly on the Istanbul, Moscow and Saint Petersburg services? Will those routes be reduced in the winter timetable, how many A319s do SNBA operate?
As far as I know its the ARJ which flies to St Petersburg. And the other destinations (IST, MOW, CMN, TLV) will still be done by the A319.

WhatI meant was that they won't need to fly to PMI and other destinations as a charter anymore (or at least not that often), and that's probably the reason why the A319 will be doing more flights to BHX (Just my opnion though)

BTW SN has 3 A319's : OO-SSM, OO-SSK, OO-SSG

Chris

Comet

Post by Comet »

Thanks Chris.

Andre - I think the A319 is already scheduled on the morning MAN service. Though the other ones are done by ARJ.

I would have thought that the A319 was better for the longer distance European services rather than ones which don't even last an hour. Though the evening BHX services get more full than the morning ones.
Louise