Air Belgium: a rebirth?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Bralo20

Re: Air Belgium: a rebirth?

Post by Bralo20 »

crew1990 wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 14:47
Because it's simply not a mistake! It was the purpose to do it this way. Now you like it or not, les goûts et les couleurs...
Well, then Air Belgium must be one of the few airlines or maybe even the sole airline who carries a national flag as it's livery to paint it deliberately wrong.

It's like Brussels Airlines painting their dotted B in mirror. It just doesn't feel/look right.

But yup, taste and colours...

lucas

Post by lucas »

Well, it really isn't a mistake. When you are looking from the other side of the plane, you will see the colours in the right order; black-yellow-red :D

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Anyway, it will be great to see these beauties at the gates in BRU !

I also like what they did to the cockpit windows, by painting a bit of black around the windshield it looks like the "zorro-mask" of the A350 8-)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

lucas wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 15:12 Well, it really isn't a mistake. When you are looking from the other side of the plane, you will see the colours in the right order; black-yellow-red :D
Welcome to Luchtzak, Lucas.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

lucas wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 15:12 Well, it really isn't a mistake. When you are looking from the other side of the plane, you will see the colours in the right order; black-yellow-red :D
Not exactly, you'll see the colours flying against the wind :mrgreen:

lucas

Post by lucas »

sn26567 wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 15:48
Welcome to Luchtzak, Lucas.
[thank you]

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

This is a stunning livery !!! Regarding the belgian flag disposition, there is a colours continuity between the plane body and the tail like this... but indeed, interesting debate ;-)

travellover

Post by travellover »

Maybe the designed black, yellow, red flag should suit better to the left side where passengers get in/out of the plane. And red, yellow, black on the right side. Just wait and see.
Cheers

PttU

Post by PttU »

No photoshop-heroes who could make up a "corrected" version to compare? :)

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Interesting reading and very exciting project.
I hope they'll chose for BRU as starting point, as it would maximize both their own growth potential as well as that of the wider Belgian economy through working together with existing partners there.
As to their colors: I understand one side needs to be 'wrong' if it is not to be mirrored, but I do agree with what has been said before: traditionally the correct side is on the left side of the plane, which is where people get onboard from.
Anyway, no major issue, but a strange choice nevertheless.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

quite illogic, like said before...
The PAX enter the plane on the left side... left side should have the right order....
just my 2 cents

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Indeed a flag is normally worn as if "floating with the wind", i.e. from nose to tail.

See :
Left vs Right.jpg
Hence in the case of AB it should be correctly oriented when applied on the LHS.
But as the different colours do not cover equal areas in their scheme, it may create a too large black splash. As if they were in mourning :?

I don't think there is another national flag with our colours inverted so no risk of confusion, just a possible source for a debate ...

H.A.

lenain258

Post by lenain258 »

I just saw that Finnair was retiring his last a340! Today. It may be the one for AB! To be continued

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

lenain258 wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 23:36 I just saw that Finnair was retiring his last a340! Today. It may be the one for AB! To be continued
Maybe not: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/finnair ... 00-flight/
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

On another forum a member made a link with AB Inbev.
2000px-ab_inbev_logo.svg_.png

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

and that's close enough !
i bet we'll see another version
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

brusselsairlinesfan

What are their potential destinations in China, Asia... or elsewhere... ?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 12:37 What are their potential destinations in China, Asia... or elsewhere... ?
Only China to start with. Later India becomes probably the targeted country.

By the way, Air Belgium needs 66 pilots: it has received more than 500 applications! It will also need hundreds of flight attendants, most of which will be Belgian, but some of them will have to speak mandarin.

All together, each aircraft requires 84 members of staff, says Niky Terzakis.

About the competition to design uniforms, the final will take place on 16 March, and the president of the jury will be Edouard Vermeulen, stylist for Natan.

André
ex Sabena #26567

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

That rendering is getting more annoying each time I see it :mrgreen:

But on a plus side: It's great to see that they are going full steam ahead and hiring quite a bunch of people, since there's Chinese money involved (who have very deep pockets these days) I suppose there's not a big of a risk that they'll go belly up in the first year or so.

brusselsairlinesfan

I've read they also talked about possible european destinations (in the middle/long term).

I am wondering how they see the Air Belgium project @ brussels airlines...