BRU Summer 2017: news, new routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

BRU Summer 2017: news, new routes, airlines

Post by sn26567 »

Delta will re-start Brussels-Atlanta service in Summer 2017 using a 225-seat Boeing 767-300 aircraft.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/delta-a ... arch-2017/
André
ex Sabena #26567

lumumba

Re: BRU Summer 2017: news, new routes, airlines

Post by lumumba »

Joupie ... :-)
Will It be a year à round service?

That's number one now the second New York flight of United and then if possible the AA flight to Philadelphia ...
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

lumumba wrote:Joupie ... :-)
Will It be a year à round service?

That's number one now the second New York flight of United and then if possible the AA flight to Philadelphia ...

just seasonal

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

From the start of the season, Brussels Airlines add some frequencies on Africa.

Accra will go from 4 to 5 weekly flight, this new flight will be operated on Thursday
Abidjan will go from 6 to 7 weekly flight, this new flight will be operated on wednesday, Brussels Airlines will then be daily there.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi crew1990,

Looks like these are the two remaining frequencies for the new A330 (5 times Mumbai, and 2 times Africa). Very clever in my opinion. However usually the African flights are combined (triangles).

Would this mean that Accra goes to 5 together with 5 times Lomé, as is now the case (but 4 times).

And for Abidjan we might have an additional flight for Cotonou OR Ougadougou, no?

Alternatively these flights could just be direct flights?

Anyone knows?

Cheers,
Danny

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

DannyVDB wrote:Hi crew1990,

Looks like these are the two remaining frequencies for the new A330 (5 times Mumbai, and 2 times Africa). Very clever in my opinion. However usually the African flights are combined (triangles).

Would this mean that Accra goes to 5 together with 5 times Lomé, as is now the case (but 4 times).

And for Abidjan we might have an additional flight for Cotonou OR Ougadougou, no?

Alternatively these flights could just be direct flights?

Anyone knows?

Cheers,
Danny
Actually, their will be only one extra flight to africa which will be a triangle flight Accra-Abidjan, so there will not be any extra flight to Lomé, Ouagadoudou or Cotonou. The only difference in those destinations is that Ouagadougou will not be operated on Thurdsday but it will be on wednesday instead.

SN501

Post by SN501 »

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... =hootsuite

Here are the details for the new route BRU-BOM operated under flight number SN601-602.

The article also mentions higher frequencies to FIH (9 weekly!), ACC, ABJ, NSI, DLA and IAD.

How is it possible to operate all those additional flights with only one extra A330? Or the article doesn't mention reduced or cancelled services?

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi,

I assume they made a little error, so lets wait ... [Also DLA would become 9/w!]. Unless they intensify the use of their planes this is impossible ...

D

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

DannyVDB wrote:Hi,

I assume they made a little error, so lets wait ... [Also DLA would become 9/w!]. Unless they intensify the use of their planes this is impossible ...

D
info on routes online has been updated
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... =hootsuite

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Brussels – Douala – Yaounde Service moves to Day x5 instead of Day x6 (initially displaying 7 weekly instead of 6)

Oh :-( no more barbecue in Yaounde as the 2 nights layover will not be during the weekend anymore. Well I know that nobody care about it but I do :roll:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

And Washington remains 6x weekly, instead of daily!
André
ex Sabena #26567

VEX802

Post by VEX802 »

Rumours are that AA will axe BRU-PHL as of 08/21/2017.

Off topic: Also rumours about cancellation of AA seasonal DUS-ORD (being replaced by AB) and inauguration of AA AMS-DFW.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

3 new leisures destinations for Brussels Airlines next summer, Rhodos, Funchal and Comiso.

Comiso and Rhosos was already flown by SN as charter flight for Thomas Cook Airlines

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

crew1990 wrote:3 new leisures destinations for Brussels Airlines next summer, Rhodos, Funchal and Comiso.

Comiso and Rhosos was already flown by SN as charter flight for Thomas Cook Airlines
Will they have enough aircrafts to fly all these new routes + inceased frequencies?!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote:Will they have enough aircrafts to fly all these new routes + inceased frequencies?!
For one weekly flight during the weekend to the new summer destinations (replacing a charter flight), there is no need for another aircraft.

Detailed programme: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/brussel ... y-regions/
André
ex Sabena #26567

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

We are still far away from summer 2017, so I definitely expect some more on that, especially also in terms of capacity to existing destinations.

Likely they start adding more Airbus' again in spring/early summer compared to Avro's leaving, to balance that out again after the summer with more Avro's leaving (so that they have more aircraft during let's say April-September). So I definitely expect some more news, also on non pure leisure routes like these.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

I'm also sure there will be more than that, even if I'm already happy with those 3 dots.

Brussels Airlines is investing a lot in long haul for the moment, Accra, Toronto, Mumbai, maybe soon Lagos and Libreville. But to make all that stuff working they need a good feeding network.

With Toronto and Mumbaï in the network, i wouldn't be surprised to see a new destination more business oriented in the UK.

Rhodos, Funchal and Comiso has been announced now, but I guess it's because they found the right agreement with Thomas Cook (Rhodos, Funchal) and Club Med (Comiso) but I'm sure some "real new destination will be announce later.

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

There are currently only 2 A32F scheduled to join the Brussels Airlines fleet next year, the rest of the Avro's will be replaced by wet leases. Maybe a 3rd one, but that is still very much in the pipeline. This kind of limits the possibilities for any new destinations, any new one is a bonus for me. :)
The main focus of the management is now getting back to a smooth operation, a lot has happened this year and punctuality still needs to improve.

Sometimes it is better to take a breath, not overdo things and then go again full swing the next summer season. ;)

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Comiso is just a holiday destination for a client otherwise they should have improve CATANIA much more, which should be a better move my guess...

More interesting will be when the avro's leave what type of wetleases is SN searching for !
DASH8 ? EMB145 ? or E190 ?
In this case my focus will be on... BROMMA ! No Airbus can land over there, it's the best airport city-wise and they are the sole player there except domestics...
Connecting with FLYBRA they can sweep a big part of Sweden on their network ;)

But for now... just hope the brand will still exist by then and it won't be EUROWINGS all over Brussels !
In that case who matters anyway ;)

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

cathay belgium wrote: In this case my focus will be on... BROMMA ! No Airbus can land over there, it's the best airport city-wise and they are the sole player there except domestics...
Oh, but the Airbus can land/take-off at BMA, it's rather a question of taxi way strength which is withholding us from sending it there already now: the airport is investing in upgrading those however; you'd wonder why? ;)

And indeed, more news on further European destinations is going to follow in due time, including one which is quite exotic, so to say.