Brucargo 2016: cargo routes, news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Established02

Re: Brucargo 2016: cargo routes, news

Post by Established02 »

Passenger, very nice pictures of very beautiful animals. Thanks for posting.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Hey, nice to see humorous posts here! And the sour ones have been deleted. ...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Established02

Post by Established02 »

The chosen illustration of "Het Laatste Nieuws" regarding those 86 horses.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/957/Binnenland ... port.dhtml
Attachments
BB.jpg
BB.jpg (12.32 KiB) Viewed 5115 times

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Luckily they stated it is a picture of a B744F. However on this picture the typical characteristics are not to be seen. When looking for the registration it is the right type indeed ;)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

I know some people don't like newspaper reports about aviation, but let's remain correct please.

This newspaper clearly indicated that the aircraft shown was not the aircraft involved. Just below that photo, they added this text: "Een Boeing 747-400F (foto ter illustratie). Met een soortgelijk transportvliegtuig worden de paarden naar het Midden-Oosten gevlogen".

Fairly translated: "A Boeing 747-400F (photo for illustration). A similar cargo aircraft is used to transport the horses to the Middle East".

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Since the real plane is a state secret, they have done the best they could. Its close enough ;)
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Passenger wrote:I know some people don't like newspaper reports about aviation
Passenger, when a company wants to communicate an interesting story about 86 horses and a 744, then I think this is the type of picture that readers actually want to see. It's not rocket science, is it?
Attachments
horses on board.jpg
horses on board.jpg (55.11 KiB) Viewed 5018 times

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

New foundation (asbl / vzw) to support cargo operations at Brussels Airport:
"ACB - Air Cargo Belgium"

http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/tsv_pd ... 309016.pdf

Founding members include Aviapartner Cargo, Swissport Cargo, Brussels Airport and the provincial Chamber of Commerce

See also
http://www.hln.be/regio/nieuws-uit-mach ... -a2683658/

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

With the voka behind it, is it air cargo belgium or air cargo vlaanderen ?

Some pages in english
http://www.aircargonews.net/news/single ... lgium.html
http://aircargoworld.com/brussels-airpo ... anization/
"Geographically we are in the middle of ‘Airfreight Europe’, with several airports very close to us," he added. "If we all come together, with a joint target, we can make sure to keep Belgium as a center for air freight, both for on-line and off-line airlines.”
Smoking goooood stuff
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Acid-drop wrote:With the voka behind it, is it air cargo belgium or air cargo vlaanderen ?
Rest assured: it's Air Cargo Belgium. Both the airport and all cargo buildings are situated on geographic territory of the Province of Vlaams-Brabant, hence the asbl/vzw Chamber of Commerce of the province of Vlaams-Brabant (aka Voka) steps in.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

ah so it means that they will involve the other cargo airports in Belgium ?
Let's be serious. This is a name hijhack, at the best interpretation.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Nope. Only BRUcargo. But please, tell the guys from LGG they're invited to do the same (if such asbl/vzw for LGG cargo doesn't exist already). And call it whatever you want: even Charleroi Airport uses "Brussels" in its name...

See foundaction act:

Artikel 3: Doel. De vereniging stelt zich tot doel de behartiging van de belangen van de luchtvrachtgemeenschap en streeft er naar om BRUcargo te ontwikkelen tot een aantrekkelijke, efficiënte en succesvolle logistieke hub. De vereniging bepaalt strategische en ambitieuze doelen om de luchtvracht te bevorderen ten behoeve van luchtvaartmaatschappijen, afhandelaars, expediteurs en logistieke dienstverleners, de luchthavenuitbater en andere belanghebbenden. Ze waakt er verder over dat de doelstellingen en objectieven steeds in het belang zijn van alle leden en de industrie in het algemeen. De vereniging mag alle handelingen stellen die rechtstreeks of onrechtstreeks verband houden met haar doel. Zij mag met dat doel ook roerende en onroerende goederen bezitten of verwerven, leningen en kredieten aangaan, opstalrecht en erfpacht verwerven en personeel aanwerven en contractuele verbintenissen aangaan. De vereniging mag op bijkomstige wijze bepaalde economische activiteiten uitoefenen op voorwaarde dat de opbrengst daarvan uitsluitend wordt besteed aan het hoofddoel.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

LGG and OST could do the same indeed, calling themselves also Belgium or Europe why not. "European freight hub", why not.
I wish them all good luck.
With a special finger crossed for BRU with their sword of damocles on their head.

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Passenger wrote:Brussels Airport had the largest horse transport on a single flight in Europe today (16/03/2016).
Brussels Airport has just released a nice video about this event.

I guess the release of the video was delayed because of the events on 22/03/2016.
Last edited by sn26567 on 10 May 2016, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Introduced youtube format

Established02

Post by Established02 »

The same cancellations happened as well to all the other planned flights of Yangtze River in recent weeks.

Perhaps these are just a few summer cutbacks due to lower volumes and business may pick up again after the holidays. But perhaps Yangtze is feeling serious heat after the appearance of Emirates on the ORD-BRU route.

When Emirates started their ORD-BRU flights, not only Yangtze River, but also Singapore Airlines was flying on this route. Singapore Airlines very quickly abandoned ORD-BRU and started to fly DFW-BRU instead.
Attachments
Y8.JPG
Y8.JPG (51.23 KiB) Viewed 3863 times

BRU

Post by BRU »

Aircraft is in maintenance, that is why flights are cancelled. They will restart in August.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

BRU wrote:Aircraft is in maintenance, that is why flights are cancelled. They will restart in August.
Yangtze River Express transferred parts of it's operations to Schiphol, that's why they cancelled their flights to BRU.

In meantime, also Saudi Arabian Cargo has gradually reduced it's operations to BRU.

But maybe at the end of the end we can welcome a new Belgian Cargo company on the tarmac: Global lift.
They have their offices at Brucargo and was founded in June of this year. The leading persons behind this are the shareholders of Air Cargo Global which we can see already on out tarmac.
Global Lift will fly with a few B747. We will see what that will be

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Atlantis wrote:Global Lift will fly with a few B747. We will see what that will be
Let's hope it will not be a repeat of the B-Cargo failure...
André
ex Sabena #26567

BRU

Post by BRU »

Atlantis wrote:
BRU wrote:Aircraft is in maintenance, that is why flights are cancelled. They will restart in August.
Yangtze River Express transferred parts of it's operations to Schiphol, that's why they cancelled their flights to BRU.
Aircraft returns from C check next week, after which YRE will resume operations at Brussels. Also the one flight that was rerouted to avoid having single weekly operation at BRU will return.

Mid July, ET started operating 2x weekly JHB flights ex BRU.

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

BRU wrote:
Atlantis wrote:
Aircraft returns from C check next week, after which YRE will resume operations at Brussels. Also the one flight that was rerouted to avoid having single weekly operation at BRU will return.

Mid July, ET started operating 2x weekly JHB flights ex BRU.
JNB ;)