Ryanair toilet ride

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

dna

Ryanair toilet ride

Post by dna »

A senior Ryanair pilot has resigned after allowing two off-duty cabin crew to travel in the toilets! Amazing story on the BBC News website.

Dave
A senior pilot with budget airline Ryanair has resigned after allowing two off-duty cabin staff to fly from Spain seated in the toilets. The captain let the crew members fly from Girona to Dublin, even though the flight last Sunday was fully booked.

Ryanair says it sacked both cabin crew, who were returning from a holiday, after they refused to resign.

The two crew, who had been on holiday in Barcelona, were allowed to sit in the plane's rear toilets because there were no other seats.

The spokesman said both were senior staff members, and "therefore fully aware of our seating and boarding regulations".

(source: BBC News)

Avro

Post by Avro »

I sometimes wonder how stupid some poeple can be :roll:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

This story has been described in detail in two news items of Luchtzak latest news. The Ryanair captain has also been fired for allowing such a situation.

This being said, I'm not sure that the two crew remained on the toilets for the whole flight...!
André
ex Sabena #26567

A318

Post by A318 »

sn26567 wrote:This story has been described in detail in two news items of Luchtzak latest news. The Ryanair captain has also been fired for allowing such a situation.

This being said, I'm not sure that the two crew remained on the toilets for the whole flight...!
Correction Andre, the pilot quit himself!!!

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

A318 wrote:Correction Andre, the pilot quit himself!!!
Because he was 'kindly' asked to do so by Rynair management...
André
ex Sabena #26567

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

I think they just said "resigned" in the article to make the situation sound better than it actually was. I am sure the pilot got fired, because why would you quit a good job if you didn't have to.

Just my two cents.
Onward and Upward...

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Bad idea to transport more people than allowed...
nwa757 wrote:I think they just said "resigned" in the article to make the situation sound better than it actually was. I am sure the pilot got fired, because why would you quit a good job if you didn't have to.
nwa757,

on your CV 'resigned' looks better than 'fired'...

Captain

Post by Captain »

I spoke to cabin crew on a Ryanair flight and they only have to pay about 7Euro for a seat on any flight regardless how late they book and if there are any free seats. If I was them I would have booked a flight to Stansted (I think 3 a day from Girona) and one of the many daily flights fron Stansted to Dublin. Total cost 14Euro and much better than seating in a Ryanair toilet for 2 hours.

Captain

Duche

Post by Duche »

Selling toilet seats , there might be a new concept there for Ryanair ... :P

Freiheit

Post by Freiheit »

paying for going to the toilet. 1€ every time you have to. :roll: :roll: :roll:

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

jan_olieslagers wrote:luchtzak airlines - the smelly way to get there cheap!
No way!! If their comes a 'luchtzak airlines' it has to be a confortable and nice flight! ;)

vince1975be

Post by vince1975be »

If their comes a 'luchtzak airlines' it has to be a confortable and nice flight!
I think we already have that: SN Brussels Airlines :)
Just flew them for my citytrip to Florence and I have to say, their service is outstanding ! A real example of how things should be...
Grtz, Vince