Bin-Laden family sept. 2001 flight

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

JDarby

Post by JDarby »

According to Kuwait's al-Qabas newspaper (this is a concise translation):
U.S Senator Lautenberg shed more light on the flight that carried members of the wealthy Bin-Laden family from
the U.S on 29 Sept. 2001.
He said the flight carried 23 passengers and 3 bodyguards. It was a Boeing 727 Reg. # N521DB
belonging to DB Air operated by Ryan International Airlines and the flight path was:
Los Angeles-Orlando-Washington/ Dulles-Boston-Gander-Paris-Geneva-Jeddah

Here is a link to the aircraft photo:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=122752

Here is the link (in Arabic) to the article:
http://www.alqabas.com.kw/news_details. ... 2004-07-23

Concorde777steward

Post by Concorde777steward »

Hmm, only 23 passengers ?? I thought it was more than that.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

By the way, US said that (Al-Qaeda/Osama) also planned to hijack more than 10 flights in southeast asia in 2001, right ? Which flights were on their list (u think).

I'm personally think that UA0862 (SIN-HKG), UA0882 (SIN-NRT), NW0012 (SIN-NRT),
NW0028 (BKK-NRT) & UA0838 (BKK-NRT) were among the flights they wanted to hijack as all these flights depart around 6am to 7.30am.

Sorry if this question makes u uncomfortable.

Thanks.

Captain

Post by Captain »

This story is shocking. I watched the film Fahrenheit 9/11 and this revelation is brought to the public.

I can understand that most members of the family were probably not even aware of what their rogue member Ossama was going to do, but as Michael Moore highlighted, it's a usual practice to interogate the family in the event of a crime to find out more info rather than just flying them out of the country. George Bush had and still has strong links with the Bin Laden family and he even worked with a member of the family about 15 years ago whilst in the oil industry in Texas.

Shocking.

Captain.

chunk

Post by chunk »

Actually it was quite widely known not long after 9/11 that the US government got the Bin Ladens out of there quick. It was quickly brushed aside by the media then however - right wing bs. I saw the movie last week and it was quite revealing though a little ott towards the end - going for the easy target....I did like what he did witht he 9/11 footage though...quite eerie. If people ignored their preconceived ideas about moore and watched the movie for what it is - dubya would be in deep doodoo. Unfortunately that ain't gonna happen.....

Flying-Belgian

Post by Flying-Belgian »

:arrow: About that Saudi-US "fleeing flights" issue, for those who have seen "Farenheit 9/11" M.Moore shows the pax list + carrier list. All flights were SV operated.

Enjoy the film as much as I did !!!

FB.

JDarby

Post by JDarby »

Hmm, only 23 passengers ?? I thought it was more than that.
Yes, they were 13 family members, 10 house hold staff & 3 bodyguards. Total of 26

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Fahrenheit 9/11 is the best "movie" I've seen. I knew that guy was corrupt, but now 8O Amazing :roll:

Hope Kerry wins .. realy :!:
Tot hier en verder

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

Captain, Flying-Belgian, and Airbus_fan: I hope that you realize Farenheit 9/11 is FICTION. The things that were said in that movie are pure left wing b.s. The fact is, Michael Moore doesn't know exactly what happened on September 11th, he made these things up. Please I hope you listen to this and realize what actually happened, and not listen to Michael Moore's liberal conspiracy theories.

Regards,
Trevor
Onward and Upward...

Avro

Post by Avro »

nwa757 wrote:Captain, Flying-Belgian, and Airbus_fan: I hope that you realize Farenheit 9/11 is FICTION. The things that were said in that movie are pure left wing b.s. The fact is, Michael Moore doesn't know exactly what happened on September 11th, he made these things up. Please I hope you listen to this and realize what actually happened, and not listen to Michael Moore's liberal conspiracy theories.
Hey guys let's not start talking about politics in here !!!!!

Anyway, I saw the movie and I didn't really heard a lot of new stories. Most of the things were allready known since a long time ago here in Europe.

Greetz
Chris
8)

JDarby

Post by JDarby »

For those who talk about Fahrenhite 9/11, M. Moore mixed facts and fiction
and he tried to portray it as a "Documentary" for his own political ends.
He himself confessed to that. Anyways, this is an aviation not a movie
or a political forum.

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

Avro wrote:Hey guys let's not start talking about politics in here !!!!!
Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a political discussion. I just wanted to make that point because I don't think Captain, Flying-Belgian, and Airbus_fan realized that that movie was fiction.

Anyways, I am sorry and I hope no one was offended.
Onward and Upward...

Avro

Post by Avro »

nwa757 wrote: Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a political discussion. I just wanted to make that point because I don't think Captain, Flying-Belgian, and Airbus_fan realized that that movie was fiction.

Anyways, I am sorry and I hope no one was offended.
Everybody has his/her owns ideas and we should respect that.

Don't worry you didn't offend me, even if I don't agree with your comment.

Ciao
Chris
:wink:

A318

Post by A318 »

Farenheit 9/11 is fiction based on this left politic enthusiast so please leave this out of the discussion here or I get frustrated again ;)

The Bin Laden family didn't knew about their weird brother plans, in fact the Bin Laden Group and the Bin Laden family was respected in the US.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

@Erwin: don't generalize Michael Liar Moore with the left.

@all: this thread is turning political, so I'll close it.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way