Check in staff and baggage handlers threatening strikes

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Comet

Check in staff and baggage handlers threatening strikes

Post by Comet »

Baggage handlers and check in staff of British Airways have rejected a pay deal and are now to be ballotted on a strike. These individuals handle for SNBA in UK airports.

Censored by Sabena 690 for harsh language and low quality
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Oh Comet :shakehead:
I really wish I'd booked my holiday flights with VLM :evil:
I have 2 things to say:

1) Your flight is in September and we are now in July :!:
2) Stop over reacting every time your hear some news :!:

Chris

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

When I would be in charge I would just fire all the people who are on strike and would hire other people for the payment the old ones would not accept. We are living in bad times, in which everyone has to take a step back to let the better times arrive faster. And everybody needs to accept things that are negative for them, as long as it is reasonable.

Just my 2 Eurocents. :wink:

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Thanks to Sabena 690 for deleting some stuff. Comet, I'm very sorry to say, but I'm fed up with your comments. Like Avro already mentionned, your flight is in September, and if they are on strike, SNBA will find an other Baggage handler, it's that easy. And otherwise, cancel your flight and "swimm across the Channel".
A tip: start your own airline company, maybe then you are happy with the service you get.
And to be honest, your food-ranking of 1/10 at airlinemeals.net is low. I have nothing against you, but please, don't react like you are the only person flying around. There are more important problems in the world.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I did not see what Frederic Sabena_690 censored, but, knowing Louise, I can guess!

And I agree with the previous comments: over-reaction!

Cool, Louise! You will enjoy your SN BA flight.

I also agree with blackhawk that your rating 1 for your SN BA meal is really very very low. I would have rated it at least 7...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Captain

Post by Captain »

I'm also fed up of baggage handlers constantly going on strike. Nothing against their jobs: but they do a very basic low-skilled job, which is necessary of course, but are already paid quite well compared to similar skilled jobs and use the power to cause chaos by going on strike. I don't know if it's the unions who are doing this or the baggage handlers themselves.

If everyone went on strike, our society would just grind to a halt.

I have little sympathy for them.

Captain.

Comet

Post by Comet »

blackhawk wrote: And to be honest, your food-ranking of 1/10 at airlinemeals.net is low. I have nothing against you, but please, don't react like you are the only person flying around. There are more important problems in the world.
Blackhawk - you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Were you on the flight where that meal was served? Did you eat a meal identical to that and enjoy it? If you can answer "yes" to both those questions then that is your perogative and right to express your opinion. If, as I suspect, your answer to both questions is "no", then you cannot comment on something I have eaten and something which you have not eaten. And what does my meal submission at airlinemeals.net have to do with a topic about striking baggage handlers anyway? If I don't like something then I have a right to say so, just as you have a right to say you like it, but to say that I was wrong to give a low score to something which I did not enjoy eating is just plain stupid and childish.

You know absolutely nothing about me, except what I post on these forums, so please stop making such sweeping statements about a character you have never met and certainly do not know!
Louise

Comet

Post by Comet »

Captain wrote:I'm also fed up of baggage handlers constantly going on strike. Nothing against their jobs: but they do a very basic low-skilled job, which is necessary of course, but are already paid quite well compared to similar skilled jobs and use the power to cause chaos by going on strike. I don't know if it's the unions who are doing this or the baggage handlers themselves.

If everyone went on strike, our society would just grind to a halt.

I have little sympathy for them.

Captain.
Way to go Captain - I agree with you!

The rabble-rousers in this case are two guilty parties - the GMB union and the TGWU. They rejected BA's latest pay offer and are now to ballot their members on strike action. These are the same rabble-rousers who are responsible for the check-in walkouts at Heathrow last year, and all the misery that caused for stranded passengers.

And the stupid striking fools wondered why stranded passengers were spitting on them when they saw that they were wearing BA uniforms. People are sick and tired of being :censored: about by the demands of left wing unions, it is only a matter of time before those who are affected by the strikes really turn round on those who strike, and believe me, the strikers would be hopelessly outnumbered by their victims!

Maybe if the unions were obliged by law to compensate those who have their travel plans ruined by their strike action, they would be less happy to strike for the smallest thing!
Louise

A318

Post by A318 »

So Micheal O'Leary is the smart one here. Let people bring their own lugage to the plane which saves on bagage handlers, was his idea. Great, then you also don't have the problem that bagae handlers go on strike and we are back in a almost perfect world.

About the deleted part by Sabena 690, oh well, he likes to be in control over every subject so don't worry about that. He can better start his own forum so he can be in control about everything that happens on the forum. That is the childish part here, delete something you don't agree with. It is big world kiddo and we all have some different ideas about it, so don't play the weenie that is deciding what can stay and what should go, or even worse close a topic when it is going a little political. Politics and aviation are connected with eachother, it's getting time you realize that, grow up!

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Erwin, you clearly have no clue what was in the deleted part.

Instead of attacking somebody, you would better PM me first next time.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

A318

Post by A318 »

Sabena_690 wrote:Erwin, you clearly have no clue what was in the deleted part.
Frederic
Strange , and what do you think is the cause of it???? :P
A Whole Different Animal