LHR anti-terrorism plans found on road

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

B744skipper

LHR anti-terrorism plans found on road

Post by B744skipper »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20 ... 156852.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am freaking out. :evil: They do make sure that the security around the airport is very tight, passengers are being monitored and/or screened in every possible way, but when it comes to secure this kind of important files the security around that seems to be less. Thank god the right person has found them and returned them to the police, I don't want to think about what had happened if that plans fell into the wrong hands. :(
It has to be investigated in which manner such a fault could be made, and they need to make sure that this information/papers only are to be seen by people who are entitled to see them.

Flying_Dutchman

Post by Flying_Dutchman »

Indeed, very scary. It's very strange who dumped this along the road. Here's the article of "The Sun": http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004331049,00.html

Captain

Post by Captain »

Not surprised. Read an article a few months back about how British Intelligence and high ranking police and security officals have lost sensitive information.

One MI6 secret-service agent, was offered drinks in a Tapas bar near a train station in London. He got drunk and left the tapas bar whilst forgetting his laptop.

Not really like James Bond!

Captain

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

I see, but why did you have to post that 4 times? :confused:

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

B744skipper wrote:I see, but why did you have to post that 4 times? :confused:
3 messages removed.

captain: please only press the submit-button once. Server is sometimes not responding very fast but don't be afraid, your message will appear!

Comet

Post by Comet »

The person who found this should have taken it straight away to the police, and not The Sun "news" paper! And The Sun should not have published ANY of this dossier.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Comet wrote:The person who found this should have taken it straight away to the police, and not The Sun "news" paper! And The Sun should not have published ANY of this dossier.
I think he got a lot of money to bring those documents to 'the Sun', I don't think he will get the same if he brought them to the police... Yes, most people have more interest for money than for public safety :?

Avro

Post by Avro »

That's indeed shoking 8O
Thank god the right person has found them and returned them to the police, I don't want to think about what had happened if that plans fell into the wrong hands. :cry:
And what if that person has taken a copy of the document before giving it back :?: :roll:
I think he got a lot of money to bring those documents to 'the Sun', I don't think he will get the same if he brought them to the police... Yes, most people have more interest for money than for public safety :?
I know it's sad :( , but as long as the press doesn't reveal any of the high confidential info it's ok. And even if I don't have much time to read the entire article pupblished in the SUN, I cannot find any high confidential info.

Greetz
Chris
8)

VC10

Post by VC10 »

I might be somewhat cynical about this, but it does seem rather coincidental that this document was "found" shortly after a major exercise involving the emergency services and how they would react to a catastrophic terrorist attack.

Was it perhaps, part of the exercise?
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

VC10 wrote:Was it perhaps, part of the exercise?
It could be a planned thing, let's say they wanted to find out how long it would take, or what would happen in a situation where this kind of documents would be lost.
Another possibility could be that the dossier is full of false and/or misleading information for people who want to harm western society in one or another way. :idea:

Comet

Post by Comet »

I can agree with what you are saying there B744skipper, it was so convenient and easy to find these papers that there could be a very high chance that they are full of "fake" information whilst the ones with the real information are safely in a vault or safe somewhere.

The worrying thing is that if they are the genuine ones, then they have been read by the person who found them (who obviously must have read them to know what they were) and also by The Sun staff.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise