China Southern from Liege?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Stoney

China Southern from Liege?

Post by Stoney »

Hi all,

about three weeks ago I took a flight with China Southern Airlines from Hong Kong to Haikou. I was reading through their magazine and checked their destinations map... I was a bit surprised to see Liège as a destination on that map... On their website however I can't find Liege as a destination... Anybody knows more about this?

Tommy

Flying_Dutchman

Post by Flying_Dutchman »

According to this article, they have a new agreement to fly Shenzhen - Shanghai and Liege. But this article is from 2002 (?):
GUANGZHOU, China, October 30, 2002 - China Southern Airlines (NYSE: ZNH) (HKSE: 1055), the largest airline in The People´s Republic of China is pleased to announce that it has reached an agreement to wet-lease a Boeing 747-400 freighter from Atlas Air and today has launched an all new cargo route between Shenzhen - Shanghai and Liege, Wallonia-Belgium.
http://www.investinwallonia.be/sites/14 ... TEGORIE=BA

;)

Flying-Belgian

Post by Flying-Belgian »

CZ still flies CAN-LIEGE/LUIK but as Cargo Operator with a 744F.

I often see it at the ramp when on the motorway... Damned I have to be carefull not to be distracted by this nice bird !! :? 8O

FB.

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

Strange, i'm pretty sure they mentioned this in their magazine as a passenger route... Anyway, wouldn't surprise me they made a mistake...

Flying_Dutchman

Post by Flying_Dutchman »

The only passenger route in Europe is AMS (from Guangzhou via Beijing, and soon also Shanghai (?)). Maybe it's a codeshared flight, because CZ has many codeshared flights here in Europe with KLM and other airlines. ;)