Biman looks at new aircraft

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

SilverJET

Post by SilverJET »

On Justplanes I read the following:

09Jul Bangladesh Biman is looking at new aircraft for its fleet. Airbus is offering the airline 2 A320s and 2 A330s while Boeing has offered the B777. Biman is also planning to offer 2 DC10s for lease or sale. Biman's fleet is composed of 15 aircraft at this time : 6 DC10s, 4 A310s and 5 Fk28s

Since BIMAN also operate a flight to JFK via BRU. Maybe we may expect an A330 or 777 in the future? Or is it possible that they will cancel BRU and will fly directly to JFK? I really haven't any clue if the BRU route is succesfull for BIMAN. I hope they keep on flying to BRU with one of their "new" aircrafts, it would be nice if a 777 in Biman colours would touch down on 25L ;-)

Best Regards
Raymond

Avro

Post by Avro »

That's allready very old news. Biman wants to renew its fleet but in my opinion they don't have the money for that, and that's why they wait so long. It would indeed be nice to see an A330 or B777 of them at BRU, but I still prefer the good olde DC-10 :)

Chris

JetB

Post by JetB »

Flying Biman !!! :shutup: not even if it was for free.....

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Hi Chris,
Biman wants to renew its fleet but in my opinion they don't have the money for that
Indeed, that's my opinion too. I think that Biman will operate their DC-10's as long as possible (until the maintenance costs for the aircraft are too high, or until the DC-10 is banned from airports due to noise restrictions).
After the DC-10's, there are 3 possibilities in my opinion :

1) Buy new (second hand) aircraft (for example B767's) if enough money available.
2) Cancellation of operation into airports were the DC-10 is banned.
3) The airline goes bankrupt.

But I hope they will keep operating their DC-10's into BRU for a long time, as we'll soon lose our final L1011 (Hewa Bora will stop serving BRU in October).

Regards, Robin Bamps.

TWA

Re: Biman looks at new aircraft

Post by TWA »

Or is it possible that they will cancel BRU and will fly directly to JFK? I really haven't any clue if the BRU route is succesfull for BIMAN.
Raymond
Last Minute Return Tickets BRUJFKBRU cost only 370 EURO incl. all taxes.
I wanted to fly them twice (in April and in June) but the plane was always full in Y and in C-class.

For booking contact Biman at phone# on biac.be site. (Maybe your last chance to fly on a DC10-30 with '70 style interior and seat covers with orange/yellow/green flowers)

TWA
Last edited by TWA on 10 Jul 2004, 11:37, edited 2 times in total.

JetB

Post by JetB »

The price for a return ticket is often under 250 euro, If you like curry than this is your airline :lol: