SN high yields to Nordic countries

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

nijltje69

SN high yields to Nordic countries

Post by nijltje69 »

Hello,

I'm already a long time wondering how much profit SN is making towards the Nordic countries.
I fly almost weekly to Stockholm and its not easy to find seats bellow 500 euro. As SN fly into Bromma they are limited to the avro hence several days they have 4 flights. But now I started also to fly to GOT - several times its just sold out a week in advance and if you find tickets you pay a min of 900 euro. To GOT they can upgrade to Airbus but it seems they keep flying 2 out of 3 with the Avro. Same story for Oslo and Copenhagen.

Where is all this high yield business coming from (there is SAS competition) and why is SN not upgrading GOT to bigger planes? And why don't they fly to Helsinki?

Thanks

LJ

Re: SN high yields to Nordic countries

Post by LJ »

nijltje69 wrote:Where is all this high yield business coming from (there is SAS competition) and why is SN not upgrading GOT to bigger planes? And why don't they fly to Helsinki?

Thanks
It's probably not all business traffic but connecting pax. Fares from Nordic countries are relatively high and you can't fly from GOT directly to many places in Europe. As these passengers usually return to their countries, fares to Nordic countries are also high. Another reason is that there is relatively not so much competition on routes to Nordic countries and thus you pay a higher price.

Magiktrix

Post by Magiktrix »

About GOT this might explain a few things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db7oazLvrr4#t=44

LJ

Post by LJ »

Magiktrix wrote:About GOT this might explain a few things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db7oazLvrr4#t=44
Not really. Fares ex AMS (but it seems FRA as well) are as high as those ex BRU (unless you want to travel at not so good times) and like SN, KL also restricts capacity by flying the Embraer on 3 of the 4 daily flights or all Embraer during the Summer schedule. The only way to get cheap fares seem to be flying via CDG, but that is a big detour.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Wanna cheap ? FR 26-35 one way ... Skavsta,Rygge... from EIN-CRL-..
Norwegian from AMS...
Cheaper.. ? Stay away from the nordics haha

Is is indeed a very busy route, took twice the LX flight via Zurich on both A321 and A320..
Every flight was almost fully booked,also SN to BMA, a lot of 'black/African people' onboard so I guess Africa transit... also nordic people fly SN via BRU to GVA, ...

CXB

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

No checkandgo 69 euros return ?
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

cathay belgium wrote:Hi,

Norwegian from AMS...
Cheaper.. ? Stay away from the nordics haha
Haha,
indeed, you make a very good point!
If you think the flights are expensive, wait till you step outside the airport! Take a taxi and lose a leg, check into your hotel and lose an arm, head to the bar to have a drink to wash away the pain and die from a cardiac arrest when you get to see how much 1 glas of wine costs.
Luckily there are expense notes for most people on those flights. ;)

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

cathay belgium wrote:Hi,
Lex,
Regrettably, Ryanair does not fly any more to Skavsta from Eindhoven, and not after 5 november from Charleroi ... that's why the SN fares are so high, I guess - no checkengo here !
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

hi,

no more skavsta? why?
one of the better lines to fly?
want they give sn a bit of support ? haha
strange move... hope dy will come once to here...
CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Two years ago, we had the visit of a Norwegian friend from Oslo who paid €99 return on SN (and the price on SK was similar)...
André
ex Sabena #26567

EBKT

Post by EBKT »

I believe nijltje69 made absolutely a valid point. Probably it may make sense for SN to tap into those regional smaller aiports? What are you guys thinking about this possibility? KLM is flying with smaller airplanes into Sandefjord, Alesund, Kristiansand, Trondheim, Bergen, Stavanger and of course Oslo. Seems that KLM takes in this way a very large part of the Norvegian travel into/through Amsterdam. This week I got a group of 7 Norvegian people from Sandefjord, all of them travelling through Amsterdam with KLM....
Helsinki Finland probably makes sense as well I guess?