Chartered flights to Lisbon for EURO's 2004 finals

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

flyinghigh

Chartered flights to Lisbon for EURO's 2004 finals

Post by flyinghigh »

Chartered flights for Greek football funs used (mostly ex ATH) Scandic's and Royal Jordanian's aircrafts as well as Aegean's (ex SKG).

The price for r/t same day was 880 - 950 euro (incl tickets for the game and transportation from/to apt). For the overnight add 150 euros pp. :(

Avro

Re: Chartered flights to Lisbon for EURO's 2004 finals

Post by Avro »

flyinghigh wrote: The price for r/t same day was 880 - 950 euro (incl tickets for the game and transportation from/to apt).
You cannot call this a very cheap charter can you :roll:

But compared to the price of LH between BRU-FRA it's very hceap ;)

Chris

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

I heard something about the greek authorities sponsoring flights to Lisbon on this special occasion. Is this true:?:

ciao,
TriStar :wink:

flyinghigh

Post by flyinghigh »

Well, when a r/t ticket SKG/ATH-FRA-SKG/ATH starts at 130 euros (plus tx) and a r/t ticket SKG/ATH-LIS-SKG/ATH is about 300 euros (plus tx)then a 800 euros charter tkt is MORE than expensive.

The Greek Ministry of transportation ordered the state run Olympic Airlines to add some extra flights for the semi finals and especially finals.

(By the way, today I heard in the news that tickets for the finals sold last minute in the black market for 900 euros !!!)

[/quote]

Avro

Post by Avro »

flyinghigh wrote: (By the way, today I heard in the news that tickets for the finals sold last minute in the black market for 900 euros !!!)
Oh my god 8O people are definately crazy :wow:

Chris