"Best Cabin Staff" 2004 Is Out

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Concorde777steward

"Best Cabin Staff" 2004 Is Out

Post by Concorde777steward »

1. Malaysia Airlines
2. Thai Airways International
3. Asiana Airlines
4. Air Tahiti Nui
5. Qatar Airways
6. Singapore Airlines
7. All Nippon Airways
8. Sri Lankan
9. Dragonair
10. China Airlines

**Why no EK & CX ??

Anyway, well done. :P :P :mexwave:

Allnipponairways

Post by Allnipponairways »

at least we are on the 7th place ANA , and no JAL to find , very very good

thanks for the intell

greets

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Was this competition only for Asia, or were airlines from other parts of the world also included?

If yes, Asia really has excellent cabin crews.

Who organised that competition? Who was the jury? Who could participate?

We really need answers to these questions in order to be able to evaluate the seriousness of this ranking.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Concorde777steward

Post by Concorde777steward »

Hi, Andre.

The competition is open for all Airlines.

I've tried AF, KL, LH between SIN & CGK. KL is still ok so as LH, however still not as good as Asian carriers. AF is the WORST.

I was so shocked when i saw Qatar Airways & Dragonair are in top 10 too. Both of them are as bad as Air France. Not sure about Asiana Airlines, Air Tahiti Nui, ANA, Sri Lankan & China Airlines as i've never flown with them.

It's Skytrax who organised the competion. Voters are the jury. Anybody can participates. I heard that they will check your informations with the airlines you've voted for, just to make sure you are not the airlines employees. There will also check your name to make sure that you've flown with those airlines you've voted for in the past few months.

Not all Western carriers are bad, they are just not as good as most Asian Carriers. That's all :P .

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

It's very strange why European nor American airliners are in the top 10....

Comet

Post by Comet »

I have flown several times with Air France and have found all the crews I have come across to be pleasant and polite, friendly and professional.

I know the interiors of some of their A320s are a little bit grubby, but the crews have always been great.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

chunk

Post by chunk »

Not surprised that there are no US carriers in there - dreadful generally. I only know about BA, KLM and Air France in Europe......no surprise BA aren;t in there...can;t comment on Air France 'cos it has been a while but KLM crews are usually very helpful and friendly.

Also flown Emirates enough to know that their cabin crew is very hit and miss. Sometimes great, sometimes awful. Qatar's are good though, as are Sri Lankans...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:I have flown several times with Air France and have found all the crews I have come across to be pleasant and polite, friendly and professional.
You were lucky. My biggest disappointed with Air France was on a night flight from CDG to Tokyo in First Class. The stewardesses were more interested in chatting with each other than in helping First Class high fare customers.

Other flights with AF in C or Y class weren't any better...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:
Comet wrote:I have flown several times with Air France and have found all the crews I have come across to be pleasant and polite, friendly and professional.
You were lucky. My biggest disappointed with Air France was on a night flight from CDG to Tokyo in First Class. The stewardesses were more interested in chatting with each other than in helping First Class high fare customers.

Other flights with AF in C or Y class weren't any better...
Maybe the short haul crews are better natured than the long haul crews? I am just giving an honest opinion here, they have all been good in my experience. On my last AF flight between CDG and MAN, which had been subject to a delay which caused passengers to be a bit p*ssed off, the crew were all very professional, and soon they had people in a good mood, especially the steward with a sense of humour who was serving the drinks on that flight. I got a genuine Stella, so I was quite pleased.

On my first ever AF flight, the crew were taking the children to sit on the flightdeck (I was envious because I would love to see the flightdeck of a fly-by-wire Airbus!) The stewardess told me I had to put my video camera into the overhead compartment because we were on an exit row, but if I wanted to use it in flight I would be most welcome to do so, and they even offered to get it out of the compartment for me so I wouldn't have to get up and make VC10 move out of the way to get it. I couldn't fault any of the crews I have met with AF, I like flying with them.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

It's indeed strange that there is no european airline in the ranking, but the asian airlines seem to be very good in terms of service :)
at least we are on the 7th place ANA , and no JAL to find , very very good
Congrats to you Allnipponairways, continue to do your job like that ;) :cheers:

Greetz
Chris
8)

oneWorld

Post by oneWorld »

I am surprised not seeing CX,QF, JAL and EK... I think they are all top notch and deserve a spot on the list!

And not entirely sure how TG gets into the 2nd place... it's just a HUGE shocker!! ALL my experience with them are a miss and i think the airline is pretty mediocre in the first place. Dragonair is the new entry to league, and i think this is fair. The crew's attention to details is supreme and I'm always there to tell that their service is as per with CX or SQ, other than the absence of PTVs.