New deadline on Ryanair deal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

luchtzak

New deadline on Ryanair deal

Post by luchtzak »

Brussels has given the Belgian authorities until early July to clarify how much budget airline Ryanair received in illegal state aid.

In a letter to the Walloon regional government in mid-June, the European Commission demanded further details on how much money was given to Ryanair to operate from Charleroi, south of Brussels.

"We have given them 15 working days to answer us with more details, which means we are asking for full information from the start of July," a commission spokesman told reporters on Tuesday.

"Then we will see, according to the answers, the follow-up steps."

Brussels wants the full information to calculate how much of the state aid was illegal and how much should be repaid.

Read more @ http://www.eupolitix.com/EN/News/200406 ... d5dea8.htm

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Walloon minister Kubla, a former good friend of Michael O'Leary, has already said that he did not receive the answers to questions asked to Ryanair and he has even threatened O'Leary.

However, he relinquished the issue on the next Walloon government, which means that then answer to the European Commission will be late anyway.
André
ex Sabena #26567

flyingaround

Post by flyingaround »

Micheal O'Leary answered already: Fuck off!
FT -- One of the best things about reading the Financial Times is the occasional interview, letter or advertorial by Michael O'Leary from Ryanair. The British papers and Irish press cover O'Leary verbatim--something a stateside news outlet couldn't afford because O'Leary is a salty dog. This week, FT asked O'Leary what Ryanair was doing about the demands the Belgian authorities have made for the return of €3.5m in subsidies received by the airline. "We have written back to say fuck off."
You can read the whole article on:
http://irish.typepad.com/irisheyes/2004 ... lking.html

A318

Post by A318 »

The guy always stays funny, big mouth and makes it happen, no matter what.
You just have to respect that in him, even you are not happy with the kind of language he sometimes uses, but hey he's Irish ;)
Ryanair made a nice anouncement earlier this week, they are allowing now 10kg of handlugage onboard, as far as I know this is the first LCC that allowes this kind of weight for handlugage, way to go RYR!!!!

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

A318 wrote:Ryanair made a nice anouncement earlier this week, they are allowing now 10kg of handlugage onboard
There are no small profits. More hand baggage means less checked baggage = less costs for the carrier. Furthermore, every kg of checked bagge above 15 kg (instead of 20 kg at other airlines) costs a lot!
André
ex Sabena #26567

jpcl44

Post by jpcl44 »

The new allowance of hand luggage is a transition of telling next the pasengers to carry theirs luggages themself to the aircraft.
Personally, i dont like the agressive business politic of Mr O'leary. It shows no respect of client and contractor with who he is dealing with.And also i am convince Mr Kubla is playing a politic game. He was running after Mr O'leary and trying to be his best mate in business transaction.He went up himself to UK to solve issues out and now he is playing the "they are the wrong one, i was doing my job and developing my region"game. That's all he wanted the people to remember him for the election coming next.
:twisted:

A318

Post by A318 »

sn26567 wrote:
A318 wrote:Ryanair made a nice anouncement earlier this week, they are allowing now 10kg of handlugage onboard
There are no small profits. More hand baggage means less checked baggage = less costs for the carrier. Furthermore, every kg of checked bagge above 15 kg (instead of 20 kg at other airlines) costs a lot!
They always had a 15 kg limit with Ryanair so they didn't change it. For the extra costs per kilo you pay €6,-/kilo, to remind you, the average costs for a full service carrier (For example AF, since I have experience with them) to charge you extra is around €40,- per extra kilo.
So once again Ryanair is really not overdoing with that price at all.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

My sister gets 20 kg to Australia, so is 15 kg for Europe really an issue?

A318

Post by A318 »

Not really Buzz, but people like to complain a lot when it concerns Ryanair. To South America also 20kg checking bagage + 10kg hand lugage is allowed, so we speak about a 5 kg difference.
All the other low cost carriers allow also 15kg but only 5 kg hand lugage.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

flyingaround

Post by flyingaround »

I am waiting for the first airline starting with: Person+handluggage maximum ??Kg. It's a big difference, a group of usa-tourists or a group of children.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Air travel would be safer if airlines weighed their passengers from time to time to make sure they know how much weight their planes are carrying, the National Transportation Safety Board says.

Following its investigation into a commuter plane crash last year in North Carolina, the NTSB said on Thursday that airlines should at least periodically make passengers step on a scale.

From CNN february 2004
Peter

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

A318 wrote:Not really Buzz, but people like to complain a lot when it concerns Ryanair.
Indeed they do :wink:
I've gotten used to it though...