Major Construction works at EBBR this summer

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

arthurv

Major Construction works at EBBR this summer

Post by arthurv »

check out http://www.belgocontrol.be/common/pages ... -en-GB.pdf

We're already knew that they're doing 'something' at the end of rwy 25R.

In short:
2/8 - 23/8: 25R closed -> 25L for landing, 20 for takeoff
between 23/8 - 4/9, it looks like 7L might exceptionally come in use for landing (VOR/DME approach).

Vonsmalhausen

Post by Vonsmalhausen »

thx for the info :)
looks like whe're gonna have some unusual rwy configs in august :D
all landings on 25L in august, that's verry good,.... from a spotters vieuw :lol:

Comet

Post by Comet »

Vonsmalhausen wrote:thx for the info :)
looks like whe're gonna have some unusual rwy configs in august :D
all landings on 25L in august, that's verry good,.... from a spotters vieuw :lol:
I agree there Vonsmalhausen, 25L is brilliant for spotting,e specially if you are into photos more than regs. I hope it will still be in good use like that in September so I can try out my digital camera in the same places I got such good video filming done last year. It is the best place that I have ever spotted yet, in my opinion.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

That's some great news indeed :) All traffic on 25L :bumby:

And man, that would be spectacular if there would be landings on the 7L :mrgreen:

And if I understand it right, there might also be some 25L T/O for planes which can't go on 20. That'll give the oppportunity to make nice shots from the refugee centrum.
25L is brilliant for spotting,e specially if you are into photos more than regs.
It's also very good for regs especially if you see all landing traffic there :)

Greetz
Chris
8)

Comet

Post by Comet »

Chris - I can imagine it is good for getting regs, as the aircraft are so low down, but I have to depend on getting the regs from the photos/videos because if I stood with a notebook and pencil for noting the regs I would never get any video done or photos taken (and with my digital camera I have rediscovered just how much fun it is to take aircraft photos :mrgreen: they are my favourite subjects!)

That is why there is so often huge gaps in my spotting logs because I can't always make out the reg from the photos I take. I always make a point of getting the registrations of aircraft I actually fly on though. My only two missing Belgians are the ARJ from flight SN2174 on 6th July 2000 and the Boeing 737-500 from flight SN2177 on 13th July 2000.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

In August I sure will be behind the refugees centre, with a pack of beer, enjoying the sun relaxed in a chair & watching the landings
Yeah! That's spotting :D Hope we get lots and lots of good weather and traffic 8)
Tot hier en verder