First A380 flight scheduled for January 2005

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Avro

Post by Avro »

Very nice pictures.

And there are even 2 A380's next to each other the hangar, if I'm not mistaken (second last picture).

The day of the first flight is now approaching very quickly, can't wait to see that bird in the air. :)

Chris

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

regi wrote:McDonald's and A380. Remember some years ago that there was a joint venture in the air with McDonalds and Virgin to offer hamburgers on demand during flights, in case if Virgin would have a new big airliner? Does somebody has some feedback on that?
I don't remember that, but I remember :offtopic: that the Crossair charter operation had an MD-80 painted in red McDonald colours with the golden arches. And hamburgers were served on board!

Larger image
André
ex Sabena #26567

regi

Post by regi »

Thanks André

MrAirbus

Post by MrAirbus »

I have read some places that the first flight will be in February ore mars. Not long ago Noel F. sad that it would be in the air during Mars.

However the best with it will be the fact that the aircraft till be at the summers shows. Maybe not flying but at least showing of!

Have a nice week end! :wink:

Andries

Post by Andries »

I read that the firts flight would be on the 18th of March 2005, according to internal sources. Airbus hasn't officially told a date ... they only said it would be in the first half of 2005 ...

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Flug Revue publised another interesting report on the A380 which you can find here: http://flug-revue.rotor.com/FRHeft/FRHe ... R0412d.htm

They put two days on the schedule for the roll-out ceremony. I knew the plane's long but I wasn't aware it takes two days for the A380 to roll-out ... Big grin

The maiden flight will probably take place in the first half of February, the author says. (info airliners.net)

5Y-KQV

Post by 5Y-KQV »

Interesting piece.

I wonder which African carriers, if any, will place an order for the A380. SAA seems a candidate since they are going all airbus. Anyone know what the list price will be?

Cheers,

Walter.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Well I think it's still a little bit too early to be sure of the maiden flight date. Don't forget that anything can change, if they encounter any sorts of problems.

Chris

Andries

Post by Andries »

Avro wrote:Well I think it's still a little bit too early to be sure of the maiden flight date. Don't forget that anything can change, if they encounter any sorts of problems.

Chris
Indeed, it wouldn't be the first time a maidenflight gets postponed because of some problems ...
Let's just hope we can see a flying A380 at LBG2005 :D

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

Speedbird001

Post by Speedbird001 »

Apparently, rumours are being heard that an Air France Concorde will make a fly past in the maiden flight of the A380.

Did any of you realise that due to the speed required to take off versus the distance of runways in the UK, Manchester is the only runway in the UK capable of accepting the A380.

Also, do you not think the A380 is bad news for future air travel? Surely, with 555 passengers, its longer for check-in, potentially it could be diasterous even more so if one of them crashed with immense loss of life in comparison with a 747. More fuel usage than the Concorde because of the amount of weight on board. Don't get me wrong - the technology is revolutionary but realistically seems uneconomical.

bits44

Post by bits44 »

Speedbird001 wrote:Apparently, rumours are being heard that an Air France Concorde will make a fly past in the maiden flight of the A380.

Did any of you realise that due to the speed required to take off versus the distance of runways in the UK, Manchester is the only runway in the UK capable of accepting the A380.

Also, do you not think the A380 is bad news for future air travel? Surely, with 555 passengers, its longer for check-in, potentially it could be diasterous even more so if one of them crashed with immense loss of life in comparison with a 747. More fuel usage than the Concorde because of the amount of weight on board. Don't get me wrong - the technology is revolutionary but realistically seems uneconomical.
For those interested in Technical details this study is most interesting

http://www.aoe.vt.edu/~mason/Mason_f/A380Hosder.pdf

and one other regarding runway requirements

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/NTL200302.PDF