Vueling expansion at BRU

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Acid-drop

Re: Vueling expansion BRU

Post by Acid-drop »

SabenaForever wrote:
airbuske wrote:7 new routes ex BRU : Rome, Lissabon, Porto, Ibiza, Santiago, Palma, Venetië :!:
This will hurt SN, AZ, TP , HQ and JAF !
Good job Brussels Airport!! This will hurt SN, TP and AZ for sure, but i think that the main reason is to attract more passengers from CRL and EIN! BRU want's a piece of that back...
most of profits will go abroad and it will probably make SN suffer a bit more. Is that a good deal really ?
From a pax point of view, it is, indeed.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

AirOpinion

Post by AirOpinion »

I just did a comparision in price between B.Light and Vueling Basic...

BRU-BCN-BRU (14/07/2014 - 19/07/2014)

Brussels Airlines B.Light
160 EUR (incl. Bagage) .

Veuling same period/same flights:
184 EUR (basic ticket = without bag)

Why should we fly the Spaniard then? Because it's a big item in the news?
We belgians should really start supporting our own businesses!

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

Acid-drop wrote:
SabenaForever wrote:
airbuske wrote:7 new routes ex BRU : Rome, Lissabon, Porto, Ibiza, Santiago, Palma, Venetië :!:
This will hurt SN, AZ, TP , HQ and JAF !
Good job Brussels Airport!! This will hurt SN, TP and AZ for sure, but i think that the main reason is to attract more passengers from CRL and EIN! BRU want's a piece of that back...
most of profits will go abroad and it will probably make SN suffer a bit more. Is that a good deal really ?
From a pax point of view, it is, indeed.

I didn't say it is a good job for SN... But for BRU! ;-)
But like you said the pax wil get better with these new routes

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

AirOpinion wrote:I just did a comparision in price between B.Light and Vueling Basic...

160 EUR (incl. Bagage) .

Why should we fly the Spaniard then? Because it's a big item in the news?
We belgians should really start supporting our own businesses!
You are right! But i look at the price! It depends wich airline has the best offer at the moment! But i prefer SN, for the service and miles offcourse...;-)

When does these new routes start?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

SabenaForever wrote:When does these new routes start?
Most new services start on 1 May 2014, except Rome on 24 April 2014.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Re: Vueling expansion at BRU

Post by Passenger »

One of the items in VTM News (Flemish commercial tv, 19h): "A new airline at Brussels Airport will open 7 new destinations that are a direct competition to Charleroi Airport and Ryanair".

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Volgens Arnaud Feist, CEO van Brussels Airport, zal de uitbreiding van Vueling “honderden” extra jobs opleveren. Nu al is de aanwezigheid van Vueling in Brussel goed voor 400 jobs.
Really? :?

I hope he's right, but otherwise I would not be surprised if he's a bit overoptimistic.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

When do the reservations starts?
Hasta la victoria siempre.

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

lumumba wrote:When do the reservations starts?
Tickets for these routes are already on sale on http://www.vueling.com , m.vueling.com mobile portal (available for Internet terminals), new applications for both Apple and Android phones to tablets with free Internet and by phone 807 200 100 and travel agencies.
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

woutertheboy wrote:
Tickets for these routes are already on sale on http://www.vueling.com , m.vueling.com mobile portal (available for Internet terminals), new applications for both Apple and Android phones to tablets with free Internet and by phone 807 200 100 and travel agencies.
It´s not the flight to Lisboa is still with a stop!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

lumumba wrote:
woutertheboy wrote:
It´s not the flight to Lisboa is still with a stop!
What I said was in Vueling's official press release, I double checked it and indeed... The new destinations aren't bookable yet via the internet ;)
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

The CEO was 1 hour late on the press conference because his flight was delayed. Should have flown Ryanair if he wanted to be ontime. :mrgreen:

crlhub

Post by crlhub »

Vueling Adds 7 New Routes from Brussels in S14
by JL

Update at 1710GMT 06NOV13

Vueling from May 2014 is launching 7 new routes from Brussels, as the airport becomes the carrier’s newest base.

Planned routes and schedule as follow.

eff 24APR14 Brussels – Rome 1 daily
VY8956 BRU2150 – 2325FCO 320 D
VY8957 FCO1810 – 2020BRU 320 D

eff 01MAY14 Brussels – Lisbon 1 daily
VY8944 BRU1745 – 1930LIS 320 D
VY8945 LIS2010 – 2350BRU 320 D

eff 01MAY14 Brussels – Porto 4 weekly
VY8962 BRU1145 – 1315OPO 320 x236
VY8963 OPO1350 – 1705BRU 320 x236

Operational days vary from 23JUN14

eff 01MAY14 Brussels – Venice 5 weekly
VY8950 BRU0655 – 0835VCE 320 x36
VY8951 VCE0925 – 1105BRU 320 x36

Service operates daily from 23JUN14 to 14SEP14

eff 03MAY14 Brussels – Ibiza 1 weekly
VY3623 BRU1545 – 1815IBZ 320 6
VY3622 IBZ1250 – 1510BRU 320 6
VY3622 IBZ1445 – 1705BRU 320 3

Currently, schedules listing discrepancies appearing on Amadeus timetable listing.
Service to operate 4 weekly from 20JUN14 to 14SEP14

eff 03MAY14 Brussels – Palma Mallorca 2 weekly
VY3853 BRU0610 – 0820PMI 320 36
VY3854 PMI0850 – 1105BRU 320 36

Operational schedule varies from 20JUN14

eff 03MAY14 Brussels – Santiago de Compostela 3 weekly
VY8936 BRU1145 – 1410SCQ 320 26
VY8936 BRU1205 – 1420SCQ 320 4

VY8937 SCQ0910 – 1130BRU 320 4
VY8937 SCQ1440 – 1705BRU 320 26

Operational schedule varies from 24JUN14

http://airlineroute.net/2013/11/06/vy-bru-s14/

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Established02 wrote:
Volgens Arnaud Feist, CEO van Brussels Airport, zal de uitbreiding van Vueling “honderden” extra jobs opleveren. Nu al is de aanwezigheid van Vueling in Brussel goed voor 400 jobs.
Really? :?

I hope he's right, but otherwise I would not be surprised if he's a bit overoptimistic.
I assume this is really everything included, from handling staff to the assumed taxi drivers occupied with Vueling pax (or whatever you should call it) and so on. And after all he is an airport CEO, so probably if it's 350, he calls it 400.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

I don't know if it has something to do with VY but it seems that AZ will have
next summer no evening flight to FCO.
Last flight will leave at 1555 instead of 1800 now.

With the schedules of VY it seems that they are targeting leisure pax.
Best regards,

Airbuske

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/pers ... watch.html

Mr Walsh hinted at an aggressive expansion of Vueling, which recently opened a new base in Belgium and serves 107 destinations. In the summer, IAG ordered 62 new narrow-body jets for Vueling, which currently has 70 aircraft.

Mr Walsh said Vueling’s operating margin in the third quarter was 25pc compared to 13pc at BA and 6pc at Iberia. In the year to date, traffic at Vueling has grown 28.1pc compared to 3.4pc at BA and a reduction of 17pc at Iberia.

Mr Walsh believes Vueling, which flies from Heathrow and Gatwick to destinations in continental Europe, can take market share in countries such as Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Scandinavia and Greece, where embattled legacy carriers are cutting capacity.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Mr Walsh believes Vueling, which flies from Heathrow and Gatwick to destinations in continental Europe, can take market share in countries such as Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Scandinavia and Greece, where embattled legacy carriers are cutting capacity.
Well that pretty much answers the argument I opened earlier:
If the initiative comes from Vueling and the idea is to expand the BRU-Spain link and add a few extra routes here and there, we can't really call it big news or a big expansion. If the initiative comes from IAG, I could see this as an attempt by BA and IB to crush SN, with the interest of taking over BRU but also Africa.
The size of the base will give us a clear indication of which of both it will be.
IAG is out looking for blood.
Good on them, Vueling can do it.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

So far for tolipanebas statement that I have been reading to death that "BRU has seen the light. They know the importance of their relationship with SN which they will protect fiercly. They have no interest in the low yield LCC passenger. It will only cost them money!"

Turns out it was just very loud daydreaming :roll:

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

AirOpinion wrote:I just did a comparision in price between B.Light and Vueling Basic...

160 EUR (incl. Bagage) .

Intrigued by this remark, I had a look around for some reference prices on their site too for those routes already available in their system and indeed, their average prices seem to fall perfectly in line with those you can expect to see at their competitors too.

IMHO, roughly 200 euro return p.p. without any luggages is not the kind of price which will reshuffle the market in BRU and I don't think that's their aim either: in the end, nobody is better off after such a fight, so all airlines in Europe are currently very bussy morphing into each others clones in order to prevent them from having any competitive advantage left to engage with in such a fight.

The days of the huge price differences are over, it seems: in future, the difference will be just a fraction of the total price of a return flight, with the advantage swinging back and forth almost with every deal, similar to what we have seen in the telecom and electricity markets: the days of Proximus or Electrabel being much more expensive all the time are over too, as in fact they often offer a very good deal now which combines a fair price with a much better overal product offer and it seems European aviation is entering the same phase of matured competion, with the market model of choice that of an airline asking a fair price for a good quality service: no pointless frills indeed, but not just a bare seat either.

At 200 euro return, I wouldn't call a vueling passenger a low yield passenger, sean.
IMHO, it's just another b.light passenger? I think that as long as an airline brings the kind of passengers that BRU knows will actually spend money in their shops, they are more than welcome, if not: they are just taking gate space and so they likely aren't very welcome indeed. On that front I can only agree with Tolip that they aren't rolling out the red carpet for any low cost at BRU (didn't they cancel the idea of a cheap dedicated terminal a couple of years ago?). What we see is that some of th e'perceived low costs' are grading themselves up product wise and are thus starting to offer a product for which BRU is a good match as an airport and a destination: when they do, they are most likely more than welcome indeed?
Last edited by Inquirer on 09 Nov 2013, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

I have been saying from the start of that discussion that an LCC passenger is not necessarilly a low yield passenger. What you say is true inquirer, the price difference with b.light is small, but in the end they will still take pax here and there that would otherwise have been on an SN flight. With loadfactors allready quite low this aint good news for sure. The Vueling prices are also too high to be a major threat to FR in CRL imho