Vueling expansion at BRU

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Passenger

Re: Vueling expansion at BRU

Post by Passenger »

Flanker2 wrote: SN's yield management works like this:
-business trip profile = super expensive
-ambiguous profile = expensive
-leisure / low demand profile = low price

FR's yield management works like this:
-convenient business schedule = average price
-less convenient business schedule = low price
-convenient leisure schedule = low price
-less convenient leisure schedule = rock bottom price
Great stuff ! I'm sure Brussels Airlines will implement this for their Q400 flights to Kinshasa N'Dolo.

No, let's remain a bit serious, shall we? Yield management is a computer program with decisive parameter the load factor at different times before the actual flight date. Your above "...works like this..." only aims to support your own statement that Brussels Airlines is always the most expensive airline.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

not always ... just 98% of the time.

LJ

Post by LJ »

You're forgetting that a very big part of those with "business trip profile" travel on corporate contracts, which lowers the yield considerably. Moreover, why do we focus on price? The company I work for doesn't use FR due to reputation when a flight is cancelled. Personally, I take these kind of things into consideration as well when booking, and don't mind to pay a premium.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

sean1982 wrote:not always ... just 98% of the time.

From time to time SN is cheaper than Ryanair even if Ryanair is most of the time the cheapest option. However this is normal as Ryanair is a Low Cost company while Brussels Airlines prefer to provide a higher service, and this, always ... just 100% of the time.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote:not always ... just 98% of the time.
Oh, sorry for my typing error. I didn't mean "Brussels Airlines is 100% always the cheapest - and even not "Brussels Airlines is 98% of the time the cheapest". What I've ment, was: sometime Brussels Airlines is the cheapest, sometimes Ryanair is the cheapest, sometimes Vueling is the cheapest, sometimes EasyJet is the cheapest. And for Rome, sometimes Alitalia is the cheapest. But for sure: in 2014, there is no airline anymore that has the monopoly of "the cheapest flights".

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

LJ wrote:
You're forgetting that a very big part of those with "business trip profile" travel on corporate contracts, which lowers the yield considerably. Moreover, why do we focus on price? The company I work for doesn't use FR due to reputation when a flight is cancelled. Personally, I take these kind of things into consideration as well when booking, and don't mind to pay a premium.
Which reputation would that be then?

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

In my experience if FR cancels a flight, it's usually something that would affect legacy airlines as much, such as ATC strikes, weather or volcanic ash. Even in those cases they will either refund you or offer to re-book on the next flight from the same or another airport in the vicinity.

FR almost never cancels for technical breakdowns because most of the time you will fly out of a base where there is a spare aircraft readily available. Their aircraft are young and well-maintained, which also reduces technical delays to a minimum.

I think that "corporate travelers" have a lot of misconceptions about FR. FR has one of the most reliable services in Europe, which can't be said of the legacies, where delays and cancellations are so common that re-booking is a routine. That routine doesn't exist at FR and FR only seldom makes big messes and the media has made a habit of reacting to each one of them.

SN has had so many Avro's stuck in BIO due to bird strikes that it's almost a steady technical stop. Pax would then have to wait for replacement aircraft to fly in 4 hours later to pick them up for the return flight.
But it never makes the news... If it happens to FR, you can almost be sure that it will make the local news.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

if a sn flight is cancell they will rebook you on another flight later during the day or with an airlines partner, or even another company witch have nothing to do with sn.

if your ryanair flight is cancell they will dontheir best as well to rebook the pax on a later flight but if there is not, they will never rebook u on another company and you have a greater chance to miss an important appointment.

my company have the same policy they never book us any flight with ryanair unless they have to send someone in emergency somewhere and that ryanair a flight witch suit perfectly to the duty. But they never book us on normal operation with ryanair. and the other reason is that my company have some bilateral arrangment with air berlin for the european flight and with brussels airlines for the african flight and european flight

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Gentlemen, please, this is a topic about Vueling, not Ryanair or Brussels Airlines. Please stay on topic!
André
ex Sabena #26567