Pictures Discovery 146 at EBAW

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

B737229

Pictures Discovery 146 at EBAW

Post by B737229 »

First pictures of DISCOVERY at Antwerp Airport can be seen at Jetphotos.net

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=299905
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=299906
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=299904

Hope DISCOVERY stays at Antwerp.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Great! The Avros are back at ANR.
André
ex Sabena #26567

BBKing

Post by BBKing »

ANR is back alive !!!

Avro

Post by Avro »

Let's hope they stay for a very long time :P

Chris

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Next step will be a runway extension and a new terminal...

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

Onlt I could be out of Belgium for this great event for Antwerp! Typical!

Emirates

JIMpc

Post by JIMpc »

Yesss!!! Finally some new life @ Antwerp :D :D :D

And hopefully there will come more airlines soon (as long as there is demand for some routes of course)

I hope there won't be any kind of protest-group like Daedalus (am I correct?) which will complain they can't sleep :s
My opinion: if landing/departing aircraft are disturbing your sleep: move to another place! You can expect overflying aircraft when you live in the (close) neighbourhood of an airport...

Hip Hip Hoera for Antwerp!

(perhaps NMBS can start a regular service between Antwerp Central & Berchem tot Antwerp Airport? for better accessibility...)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

JIMpc wrote:(perhaps NMBS can start a regular service between Antwerp Central & Berchem tot Antwerp Airport? for better accessibility...)
Don't dream! Before starting a regular service, they should lay a new track, and the very light traffic at ANR does not justify such a huge expenditure.

Let NMBS/SNCB concentrate on the diabolo around BRU, which is an urgent need if BRU doesn't want to lose traffic to CDG and AMS. The works there are much too slow!
André
ex Sabena #26567

concordino

Post by concordino »

The biggest problem at ANR from 17th June will be actually getting to the airport once the roadworks on the "Ring" begin. It appears to me that the expectation is for the whole of Antwerp to come to a grinding halt, as no exits off the motorway (direction NL) and all traffic using the Singel. Authorities are recommennding P&R out as far as Herentals!!! Expect chaos

Concordino

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

sn26567 wrote:
JIMpc wrote:(perhaps NMBS can start a regular service between Antwerp Central & Berchem tot Antwerp Airport? for better accessibility...)
Don't dream! Before starting a regular service, they should lay a new track, and the very light traffic at ANR does not justify such a huge expenditure.

Let NMBS/SNCB concentrate on the diabolo around BRU, which is an urgent need if BRU doesn't want to lose traffic to CDG and AMS. The works there are much too slow!
There is a good Delijn busconnection out of Central and Berchem station Busses 14 and 16 drive each half an hour to the airport and serve Mortsel, Hove, Boechout Kontich and Vremde too