30 more SIA Cargo flights per week ???

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Lyulka

Post by Lyulka »

How long will this keep on going ?
8 days if we're lucky!

LJ

Post by LJ »

What elements make it so attractive/critical for SQC to settle specifically at AMS, while there may be dozens of other airports in the region, eager to give all opportunities to SQC? e.g. BRU / LGG / LUX / HHN / ...
High yield cargo (pershibles). It's possible to truck these pershibles from for example Aalsmeer (flower market) to BRU and then load it into a 747, but you're losing valuable time. Moreover if I look at the times the SQC leave BRU it's very difficult to ship these flowers the same day.
They said that SQC would only get 6 extra flights on AMS and that SQC had expressed it's interest in BRU if AMS would not give them more flights.
This is strange as the slot coordinator at AMS allocated enough slots to start a hub at AMS but SQC decided to increase flights at BRU. However, I think the main problem at AMS is not getting enough slots, it's getting the correct slots. If I look at the current schedule out of BRU most of the flights leave between 14:00 - 15:30, which is already a very busy peak at AMS.
This is completely new traffic or these are flights that will be pulled away from other airports (BRU, CDG, FRA...)?
It's the current AMS flights plus the flights from BRU.

Flying_Dutchman

Post by Flying_Dutchman »

It is already a long time ago, but does anyone know if there is already something news about this :?: I didn't hear anything about it since a couple of months. Will SIA cargo create a hub in AMS or in BRU :?:

I've heard a rumour, saying the SIA Cargo flights between BRU and JFK has already been removed to AMS(?).

;)

744rules

Post by 744rules »

SQC flts to JFK leave ex AMS now.

Rumours go that BRU will get a few more eastbound flights, but no idea about destinations.

For SQC headquarters, BRU and AMS is the same station