Jet 2's latest Boeing 737 proudly displays her origins

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

OO-SBZ

Jet 2's latest Boeing 737 proudly displays her origins

Post by OO-SBZ »

Since 22/05/2004 Leeds-Bradford (W.Yorkshire, UK) based budget carrier Jet2 has been operating its first flying bill-board.

The Boeing 737-337, formerly operated by Ansett as VH-CZL, features a huge white Yorkshire rose on the nose and a giant "Yorkshire" title on the aft body. G-CELB is the 7th Boeing 737 Jet2 bases at Leeds-Bradford whereas another 737-337QC is currently based at Belfast.

As a reminder Jet2 is the budget airline branch of Channel Express.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=293969

Regards

BeN :idea:

Avro

Post by Avro »

Well, the logo jet could have been nicer. :?

But I didn't knew that they allready had 7 B737's. They really grew fast !!!

Ciao
Chris
8)

concordino

Post by concordino »

I thought by your title to this thread that the aircraft would still be wearing Ansett colours or a Seattle logo - npt many aircraft ORIGINATE from Yorkshire these days.

Concordino

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

concordino wrote:I thought by your title to this thread that the aircraft would still be wearing Ansett colours or a Seattle logo - npt many aircraft ORIGINATE from Yorkshire these days.

Concordino
Never judge a book by its cover... or an article by its title :wink:

I admit my title was catchy... although not really accurate :twisted:

The origins refer to Jet2's own background since Leeds-Bradford Airport (aka Yeadon) is the home-base of the carrier...

Regards

BeN :idea:

Comet

Post by Comet »

The problem with Jet 2 is that they offer nothing new from Leeds Bradford. Already there are many cheap flights to holiday destinations from that airport, and all they do is offer services to much the same places. If Yorkshire people want to go anywhere different, we have to go over the Pennines to Manchester, or down to Birmingham. Leeds is nothing special.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise