New cargo operator for OST ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

B737229

New cargo operator for OST ?

Post by B737229 »

Read this on chaviation today

FOS Logistics (Larnaca) is planning to start freighter operations from Ostend to several destinations in India and China by the end of this summer using B747 freighters.

Does anybody know more on FOS Logistics?

Greetz

Andries

Post by Andries »

There was a small article in 'De Streekkrant' about the new airline. It didn't say very much, only that they would start flying at the beginning of September and would do 3 flights per week to Ostend.
If I am not mistaking, FOS Logistics is a tottally new company ... Would be great to see them operating 747's ... :lol:

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

Avro

Post by Avro »

THat would indeed be great, but let's wait and see before being too happy ;)

Chris

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Never heard of the company but it would be good for OST to have a new scheduled service at the airport after Hydro left.

Best Regards,
Yvo

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I've just found this news at another site. it was posted the 20th of april:

"Fos Logistics launches Belgium-China freighter services"

And:

Fos Logistics launches Belgium-China freighter services

Fos Logistics, a new Cyprus-based company is to start freighter services between Belgium and China in September deploying a wet-leased B747-200F. CEO is Antony Coutsoftides. The company has applied for landing rights in Shanghai and Guangzhou.

Andries

Post by Andries »

blackhawk wrote:The company has applied for landing rights in Shanghai and Guangzhou.
That would explain why managing director Gino Vanspauwen went to Shangai some weeks ago. They said it was to talk to some people who were interested in flying EBOS from Asia ...

Way to go Gino !!!

:cheers: :cheers: :banana: :banana: :rock: :banana: :banana: :cheers: :cheers:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

DuskRider

Post by DuskRider »

Goodday everybody,

Brand new on this forum.
I discovered lately that there were some very good information on what is happening on the belgian market on this site.

On this particular topic, some press produced the following article:

"Cypriot cargo start-up FOS Logisitcs plans Ostend flights

A new Cyprus-based cargo airline start-up, FOS Logistics, is planning to launch Boeing 747 freighter services from Ostend in Belgium to China and India.
The company, which is headed by Antony Coutsoftides, hopes to launch the service in September.
In a statement, Ostend Airport says Fos Logistics will provide a direct service from Ostend to the expanding markets of China and India. The service will begin with one Boeing 747 freighter, with an aggressive expansion to meet demand," the airport says.
No further details were immediately available, but the airport will host a reception on 2 June at which the FOS Logistics project will be officially unveiled."
Unquote

Did one of you have information on what was presented at this reception?
(Besides drinks and food)

Have a nice day.

BritAviator

Fos - June 2nd materials.

Post by BritAviator »

I came across some stuff on Fos - take a look at what i imagine is their website http://www.foslogistics.com - it has a press release on there about the 'launch' on June 2nd.

I also found a company called Blue Design, who are based in Soho, London UK and clearly seem to be creating all of the Fos branding and advertising materials. Check them out: http://www.bluedesign.ltd.uk

I tried to get more info from them directly, however, they declined to comment but were pretty friendly. They said to keep checking their News section and also keep an eye on the Fos website (http://www.foslogistics.com) around the 1st September.

Hope that helps guys?

I love Cargo airlines! :D