Bird strike KLM B777 - 26/05/2004

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

A318

Post by A318 »

Sabena_690 wrote:
Don't think that an A321 would handle it's T/O very well on one engine!
I don't know much about engines, but doesn't an aircraft only get a safety certification when it is able to continue on one engine, even during a climb-out?

Frederic
During climb-out yes, no problem, but during T/O not.
They had a aboarded T/O so they didn't even lift their nose from the runway.

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

Does someone know if "funny"(where nobody, besides the animal got hurt) animal-strikes (non bird) have taken place in the past?

TriStar :wink:

V-Bird

Post by V-Bird »

Sabena_690 wrote:Left-minded?
Not my mistake that some people don't seem to accept this for some idiot extreme right nationalistic reason (the proud KLM being taken over by the corrupt French, brrrr).
I think you go to far; i am not extreme right, but i also dont like the way how air france is maniging right now, almost 300 trainees lost there "job" ( trainees like IT, back offices etc ) because Frensh trainees does the work know........ how about Frensh extreme right nationalistic `s ???????

Sabena-690: this wasnt a correct answer of you!

A318

Post by A318 »

V-Bird wrote:
Sabena_690 wrote:Left-minded?
Not my mistake that some people don't seem to accept this for some idiot extreme right nationalistic reason (the proud KLM being taken over by the corrupt French, brrrr).
I think you go to far; i am not extreme right, but i also dont like the way how air france is maniging right now, almost 300 trainees lost there "job" ( trainees like IT, back offices etc ) because Frensh trainees does the work know........ how about Frensh extreme right nationalistic `s ???????

Sabena-690: this wasnt a correct answer of you!
Thank you V-Bird!

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

V-Bird: my posting was not aimed at you, but at Erwin (who IS too extreme in my opinion).

Being against the KLM/AF merger is of course not the same as being extreme-right.

About the merger: accept it or not, but it was only a question of time when KLM (who ASKED for consolidation) was going to be taken over. Already several years ago, the media was reporting that, after the consolidation process, BA-AF-LH would be the leading airlines, with all other carriers being or integrated in those airlines (like KLM-AF), operating in niche markets (like LG) or low-cost.

It is not my fault that some people don't seem to accept this. Erwin, who hated the French already for a very long time, has now to face that the people he hates (for some nationalistic reason) are taking his Dutch pride away. Sad for him, but this is economical reality.

AF is the boss of course, and it is only logic that most jobs will be lost in The Netherlands. There will also be a reduction in the number of flights at AMS. Not because the French are arrogant (or whatever you like to call them) because, when BA would have taken over (something that Erwin wouldn't have opposed), they would have done the same.

Very sad for KLM and its employees indeed, but what had to happen happened.

Frederic

V-Bird

re

Post by V-Bird »

well,i read i a newspaper that 69% of the dutch people hate frensh people, so erwin is not the only one. And erwin is not anti-frensh, but anti Air France, same as me. I love france, the country, the food,the girls, the wine.... but i hate from the buttom of my heart Air France. thats a big difference. The reason is that theu dont want spending money in young people like trainees. Thats in my openion arrogant!

At this time only Dutchbird ( 4 - 5 planes ) and Holland exel ( 3 planes )are "dutch airlines " , sow that is in my openion to less. Thats why i hope the buy out Martinair ( i believe 28 planes ), sow whe have a proudly dutch airline.

Avro

Re: re

Post by Avro »

V-Bird wrote: And erwin is not anti-frensh, but anti Air France, same as me.
Are you sure he is not anti french ??? :mrgreen: let's ask him ;)

Chris

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

V-Bird: comme on my friend... you just wrote: "I hate Air France".

You are talking about an airline!!!

I don't like the word 'hate' at all... there is already too much hatress in this world.
well,i read i a newspaper that 69% of the dutch people hate frensh people
This will certainly have been a high-quality newspaper that held a very representative poll :roll:

The Sun came out with a poll 2 weeks ago that 99% of the British is against the European Constitution. Only to give an example how trustworthy those newspapers are.

Hating people based on their culture etc is utterly disgusting. The first step towards a better world is some more respect for eachother. We were all a 'tabula rasa' when we were born, isn't it?
The reason is that theu dont want spending money in young people like trainees. Thats in my openion arrogant!
It's called: BUSINESS. Of course it's not honnest towards the Dutch people, but read it again: KLM HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER. AF has the power, and if it hadn't been AF, it would have been another airline that would have taken the same decisions.

Face it: the current situation with KLM-LH-AF in a triangle, together with BA can impossibly stay in the long-term. It was very likely that KLM was going to be taken over, and it happened as expected.

I'm not longer going to put my time in this kind of useless discussions... if you guys like to hate Air France, fine for me, it's not me who is going to change you.
Are you sure he is not anti french ??? let's ask him
Somebody who:
x refuses to fly French registered airlines/planes
x would have agreed with a take over by BA (because there are less cultural differences between The Netherlands and the UK, in comparision with The Netherlands and France)
x finds the French as corrupt as hell
x thinks that the take over by AF is a step of the French Republic to gain more power in the EU
x ...

Well yes, somebody with this profile surely has something against the French.

I can't wait to see a reply now where is stated that 'Paris is my favourite city' :roll:

My last words in this discussion...

Frederic

A318

Post by A318 »

Sabena_690 wrote:
Are you sure he is not anti french ??? let's ask him
Somebody who:
x refuses to fly French registered airlines/planes
x would have agreed with a take over by BA (because there are less cultural differences between The Netherlands and the UK, in comparision with The Netherlands and France)
x finds the French as corrupt as hell
x thinks that the take over by AF is a step of the French Republic to gain more power in the EU
x ...

Well yes, somebody with this profile surely has something against the French.

I can't wait to see a reply now where is stated that 'Paris is my favourite city' :roll:

My last words in this discussion...

Frederic
No no no not your last words since you are using my words.
First of all I don't hate the french I just don't like their attitude as simple as that.
The french are hunting for power and everybody knows it, tell me mr. wiseguy, why are the Netherlands paying one of the highest amounts of money to the EU while the French receive the highest amounts of money for subsidising the agriculture in France?
Because they are playing the game dirty!
Why do the French want (and provide) a European president?
Since it is good for us?
No way, since it is good for them so they can cash even more money then they already receive.
So Frederic, don't play it like the French are clean and honest since they are dirty chauvinistic players in the EU and if people like you keep on ignoring this we will feel the negative results fast then you can imagine.

One last word, don't fall of your chair now my dear friend ;) but one of my favorit European cities in indeed Paris.
I like that city, the metro, their crepes so much that my wife last time we went (4 weeks ago!!!) asked me if we can now go to other cities in europe again :D
Strange but true, maybe I just like to walk around between the enemy ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

A318

Re: re

Post by A318 »

V-Bird wrote:At this time only Dutchbird ( 4 - 5 planes ) and Holland exel ( 3 planes )are "dutch airlines " , sow that is in my openion to less. Thats why i hope the buy out Martinair ( i believe 28 planes ), sow whe have a proudly dutch airline.
Excuse me V-Bird but now you missed something, what about Denim Air??
Denim Air/Denim Airways is a dutch airline flying with 12 Fokker 50's and 5 Dash 8-300's.
Operating as Denim Airways in Germany, Switserland (as codeshare partner from Swiss, Italy (codeshare Swiss) and for the summer season from Germany to Croatia.
Not too bad for a small but real dutch company and I am proud of it! ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Avro

Post by Avro »

First of all Erwin, we aren't talking about the EU but about AF/KL.
A318 wrote: The french are hunting for power and everybody knows it, tell me mr. wiseguy...
Who isn't hunting for power :?:
If it wouldn't have been AF, than it would have been BA. KL had to merge and couldn't survive on its own for many years. It's a fact and you'll have to accept it !!
I totally understand that the dutch people, especially those who work in the aviation sector, don't like that, because they see their proud dissapearing slowley but for sure :( . It's indeed very sad, but as I said before it had to be done.

Now can I all ask you kindly to stay on topic, because we all went terribly :offtopic: !!!!! Remember the topic was a bout a birdstrike. :roll:

Cheers
Chris

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

So, any updates on the birdstrike? :mrgreen:

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Avro

Post by Avro »

Sabena_690 wrote:So, any updates on the birdstrike? :mrgreen:
The bird's funeral took place a few days ago, and the plane is recovering from its accident. :mrgreen:

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

LOL Chris :mrgreen:

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Nice to see that you come back to basics and away from politics. I was ready to close this topic!
André
ex Sabena #26567

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

sn26567 wrote:Nice to see that you come back to basics and away from politics. I was ready to close this topic!
It is good to see someone with a bit of sense around here, well said sn26567

Allnipponairways

Post by Allnipponairways »

stop it ... its flying again , close the subject ... shit happens .. swollow it ...

greets

V-Bird

re

Post by V-Bird »

And the reason that i dont like Air France is because i lost my trainee application with KLM, because some frensh airliner cutt the trainee budget

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

End of this topic!
André
ex Sabena #26567