A380 static plane getting shape !

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Avro wrote:A propos weight. There is a rumor that says that the A380 will be over weight. Airbus will apparently have to put the A380 on a diet !!!!
Yep, read this info too somewhere. Wait and see :?

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Avro

Post by Avro »

I'm not happy with the shape of the nose :( It doesn't look very nice, but that's probably due to the fact that the cockpit is in the middle of the 2 decks and not on the upper one like on the Jumbo jet.

Chris

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

Chris,

The shape of the nose on this pictures can have wierd shape because of the angle from where the photo is taken and the different collors that are used.

Greetz,

Dave

Jense

Post by Jense »

To me, the 7E7 looks much better.

Look at the wingspan of the A380 and compare with the fuselage... way to big those wings. The tail is also quite small (altough that's also with my favo the B777-3../ER) and the nose looks ugly on this unfinished plane.
Maybe the whole finished (all parts finished, full paint-scheme, ...) plane will convince me, I'm curious...

I'm also curious to see how long the A380 will be 'rendable'... is it worth the money? Will airlines fill the entire plane? Aren't cost higher then profit? etc....

Wait and see...

greettzzz

Avro

Post by Avro »

liebensd wrote: The shape of the nose on this pictures can have wierd shape because of the angle from where the photo is taken and the different collors that are used.

Maybe put when I see computer made images of the A380 with the finished plane and paint, I have the same feeling :?
I'm also curious to see how long the A380 will be 'rendable'... is it worth the money? Will airlines fill the entire plane? Aren't cost higher then profit? etc....

Don't worry Jense, I'm sure that all the airlines who bought the A380, wouldn't have bought it if it would be a loss making plane ;) Now if the A380 will really have a big overweight problem then you might have a problem, since the performance of the plane will change.

Ciao
Chris
8)

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Jense wrote:To me, the 7E7 looks much better.
They even made preformance sacreficies for that look, but they are changing the look because airlines have told Boeing they don't care about looks, only about preformance...

So what if an airliner doesn't look like a dolfin? I think the A380 looks a lot more like a futuristic plane than the 7E7, wich is just a standard plane with a cool design...
Just my thoughts though.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The A380 looks massive indeed. But wasn't that also the first impression of people who saw the B747 for the first time?
André
ex Sabena #26567

MrAirbus

Post by MrAirbus »

This is not static plane!
This one will be in the air by feb 2005!