717 For SN

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

speedbird1

717 For SN

Post by speedbird1 »

SN Brussels is quering maintenence facilities around Europe about technical service for 15 717's. Could these be Qantaslink's 14 plus 1 ??

Whilst busy at work! I read the above on an airliners.net website forum.
Anyone know if this is remotley true? I have my doubts! But you never know certianly make an interesing addition to the SN fleet!
I am bearing in mind the forum conversations about SN's fleet renewal. Any thoughts people? I'm sure you have!

Emirates

mrocktor

Post by mrocktor »

As was posted on another 717 thread on A.net, if they want a 100-seat class plane NOW they will buy the 717. The economics on the 318 and 736 are hard to justify.

On the other hand, if they can wait a year they will go with the 190/195. The 717 is a good plane, but its a dead program.

Peter

Avro

Post by Avro »

When Peter Davies gave was interviewed by Air International, he never talked about the B717, and only mentioned the A318/B736 and ERJ's or CRJ's.

SNBA can certainly wait a bit longer if they lease some Avro's for some more time, and as mrocktor allready said, the B717 program seems to be a dead program.

But the B717 is certainly a very nice plane, and if SNBA can sign a contract and be sure to get a good technical support even if the B717 line would be closed then why not !!!

Let's wait and see !!!!

But for further discussion, I would suggest to continue them in the 2 other threads that have been open for that.

Chris
8)
Last edited by Avro on 23 Apr 2004, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Avro wrote:But for further discussion, I would suggest to continue them in the 21 other threads that have been open for that.

Chris
8)
Thanks for these wise words Chris.

Regards

BeN :idea:

Avro

Post by Avro »

OO-SBZ wrote:
Avro wrote:But for further discussion, I would suggest to continue them in the 21 other threads that have been open for that.

Chris
8)
Thanks for these wise words Chris.
It's a typing error, I ment 2 and not 21 !! :oops:

Chris