Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Airbus330lover

Re: BRU infrastructure: future

Post by Airbus330lover »

Same for Ottignies and the region (and.....no arrival later than 22:00.....)

Thomaaas

Post by Thomaaas »

Trains to Ghent are not perfect as well:
2 direct per hour (with one of them taking 1h22 till Ghent.
And typical NMBS: you have 3 between the the hour 15 and the hour half (2 of them with a change of trains in Brussels) and then you have to wait another half hour for the next train...

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Thomaaas wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 16:07 Trains to Ghent are not perfect as well:
2 direct per hour (with one of them taking 1h22 till Ghent.
And typical NMBS: you have 3 between the the hour 15 and the hour half (2 of them with a change of trains in Brussels) and then you have to wait another half hour for the next train...
In fine it's more a global problem (BRU/LIJN/MIVB/NMBS) generating more and more cars at BRU :(

Stij

Post by Stij »

Airbus330lover wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 16:35 In fine it's more a global problem (BRU/LIJN/MIVB/NMBS) generating more and more cars at BRU :(
Yep! People will only switch their modus when the alternative is there! And it shouldn't cost zillions...

Augment the amplitude and augment frequency in weekends (zero investment, just higher operating costs... and income...
Instead of letting the extension of metro 3 stop at Bordet, let it continue to the airport, it can be above ground so cheap... (But oh no, no Brussels Subway on Flemish soil... or how a political problem causes a traffic jam.. idiots... yes, I'm Flemish)

Cheers,

Stij

brabel

Post by brabel »

Stij wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 17:01
Airbus330lover wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 16:35 In fine it's more a global problem (BRU/LIJN/MIVB/NMBS) generating more and more cars at BRU :(
Yep! People will only switch their modus when the alternative is there! And it shouldn't cost zillions...

Augment the amplitude and augment frequency in weekends (zero investment, just higher operating costs... and income...
Instead of letting the extension of metro 3 stop at Bordet, let it continue to the airport, it can be above ground so cheap... (But oh no, no Brussels Subway on Flemish soil... or how a political problem causes a traffic jam.. idiots... yes, I'm Flemish)

Cheers,

Stij
I totally agree with you!
It bothers me so much that they cannot work together. We are still (and hopefully forever) one country... I'm starting to believe that this federalism creates more and more hatred between the regions and communities.
And not to mention the cost of all these different governments and politicians... (off topic :))
Maybe we should go back to a unitary state?

Why do they have to be that difficult? The metro should be able to go to Zaventem, Vilvoorde, Dilbeek... Would be better for traffic jams as well.
Living in Europe with its open borders <=> Belgium with it's "closed" borders...

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Being a french citizen living in Paris and from a PAX point a view, I do prefer the "BRU experience" over CDG and ORY...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Stij wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 13:56 No discussion about the connection to Brussels, but for example Hasselt...
At least there are trains to/from Hasselt. But take Liège, one of the main Belgian cities, which has zero direct trains to the airport :o
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

sn26567 wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 18:26
Stij wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 13:56 No discussion about the connection to Brussels, but for example Hasselt...
At least there are trains to/from Hasselt. But take Liège, one of the main Belgian cities, which has zero direct trains to the airport :o
And it's a shame because that could be a fast Liège-Leuven-BRU-Mechelen-Antwerp express train.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Acid-drop wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 18:47
And it's a shame because that could be a fast Liège-Leuven-BRU-Mechelen-Antwerp express train.
Yes that's a good idea....
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Hello everybody,
Any news about the tender for Pier A West?

And about the future A380 gate(s) at pier B?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Airbus A330 wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 23:05 Hello everybody,
Any news about the tender for Pier A West?

And about the future A380 gate(s) at pier B?
Dear Airbus 330,

Both are in progress. Regarding Pier A West it started at the end of last year and will take the full year of 2017. So most of the info will stay "inside" as nothing spectacular will happen. This is paperwork stuff and bureaucracy.

The infrastructure about the air bridges for the A380, this was standing still most of the time last year due to the attacts but this is again running. Emirates is really eager to start services with the A380 to BRU bcs the "test flight" was very positive and they want to increase the number of seats. Flights are performing very well

convair

Post by convair »

lumumba wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 19:45
Acid-drop wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 18:47
Yes that's a good idea....
Agree. It would by-pass Brussels-North station (among others) and that would be a relief for the trains traffic in general!

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Another thing: Brussels Airport needs a new website! The current one is horrible in ALL aspects. Information, usability and graphic design. It not only looks awful and cluttered, the information is very poor and hard to find.

The difference with the new Schiphol website couldn't be bigger. Schiphol has a modern, clean, simple and easy to navigate website. No stupid adds, great usability, and a pleasure to look at (great graphic design). It also works perfectly on mobile devices.

Schiphol has a 21st century website, while BRU still has a website right from the 90's...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Boavida wrote: 19 Feb 2017, 14:25 Another thing: Brussels Airport needs a new website! The current one is horrible in ALL aspects. Information, usability and graphic design. It not only looks awful and cluttered, the information is very poor and hard to find.

The difference with the new Schiphol website couldn't be bigger. Schiphol has a modern, clean, simple and easy to navigate website. No stupid adds, great usability, and a pleasure to look at (great graphic design). It also works perfectly on mobile devices.

Schiphol has a 21st century website, while BRU still has a website right from the 90's...
Boavida,

Why you express your frustration here and on the wrong topic while this forum cannot do anything about it??
Did you ever thought to express your way of thinking and proposals directly to BRU via their contact page????
It would take away your frustration.
BTW what is so hard to find on the website?? It's very straight, clear and a very good overview. Much better than the previous one. Are you maybe looking how much a coffee cost at Beers & Cheers???

Just a thought but it can help. A lot of people complain but have no guts to write directly to the company itself.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Boavida wrote: 19 Feb 2017, 14:25
On Schiphol website "All flights" you cannot make difference between the airline making the flight and codesharing companies without knowing it...as I can.
BRU website shows the first one as the one making the flight...Not too bad ;)

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Atlantis wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 23:26
Dear Airbus 330,

Both are in progress. Regarding Pier A West it started at the end of last year and will take the full year of 2017. So most of the info will stay "inside" as nothing spectacular will happen. This is paperwork stuff and bureaucracy.

The infrastructure about the air bridges for the A380, this was standing still most of the time last year due to the attacts but this is again running. Emirates is really eager to start services with the A380 to BRU bcs the "test flight" was very positive and they want to increase the number of seats. Flights are performing very well
Nice! Thanks a lot, Atlantis! ;)

Can't wait for this daily 388 service! 8-)

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Atlantis wrote: 19 Feb 2017, 16:17
Boavida wrote: 19 Feb 2017, 14:25 Another thing: Brussels Airport needs a new website! The current one is horrible in ALL aspects. Information, usability and graphic design. It not only looks awful and cluttered, the information is very poor and hard to find.

Boavida,

Why you express your frustration here and on the wrong topic while this forum cannot do anything about it??
Did you ever thought to express your way of thinking and proposals directly to BRU via their contact page????
It would take away your frustration.
BTW what is so hard to find on the website?? It's very straight, clear and a very good overview. Much better than the previous one. Are you maybe looking how much a coffee cost at Beers & Cheers???

Just a thought but it can help. A lot of people complain but have no guts to write directly to the company itself.
Honestly, I find the BRU website quite convenient... I had to adapt to the new design at the first steps but then... I think it is a fine one in which you can find everything you want by browsing a little bit... Look at the Paris Aéroport website if you want to compare ;-) This one is a true mess, esp. by using mobile device!
And after a quick look at AMSchipol, I find it OK but not incredibly outstanding at all ;-)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Exactly Brusselsairlinesfan, the website is very convenient and user friendly while you compare this with other websites.
I think it was again a round of bashing on Brussels Airport and Brussels Airlines. We are used to it. That's why I gave a very strong signal in my post... ;)

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

I'm agree the Brussels airport website is very convenient.
I have to use the website of ADP and that's really not convenient really not!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Brussels Airport information released today:

The area beyond border control towards Gates B is getting an upgrade. The works might be inconvenient now, but this will be the result:

André
ex Sabena #26567