Just saw it in the Frenchspeaking newspaper today: Futures project at BRU
For those not reading French, the facts in a nutshell:
- ambitious development plan spread on next 5 years (2011-2016)
- goal: improve PAX comfort by shortening the walking distances and accelerate the passage through security
- Pier A would be extended through the West (size not precised, but plans to have it finished by 2015)
- This extension would allow transferring PAX to avoid long walks
- The luggage claim systems built under Pier A in 2001 would become operational in 2012
- The other project would be a windows bridge would be built between Pier B and Pier A to replace the 660m long existing tunnel (scheduled in 2014).
- Security would be placed there, as well as a new commercial zone
- For LCC, apparently no dedicated terminal (opposed to what was said one year ago). However, LCC remains a part of the strategy of BRU airport.
- New buildings are planned for BruCargo
- Certification for B-748 has been received, and they are working on B777F
- Also, an Office zone would also be built, using the old administrative building of the 1958 terminal, to which a new windowed atrium would be added (in 2014).
- Overall (estimated) cost: 460 Mio EUR.
I'm just reporting what is written in the article, so if info are not correct, don't shoot the messenger
Moderators: if in the meanwhile a thread has been opened on this subject, feel free to take appropriate action!