Regarding British Airways blocked sink drains

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Brainman

Regarding British Airways blocked sink drains

Post by Brainman »

Re news article where
SN30952 wrote "British Airways is suffering from blocked plane drains and is using stewardesses as emergency plumbers."

I am an inventor and have an economical solution to this problem that does not involve chemicals etc

I have tried to contact British Airways as it would save them at least
£500,000 per year but they are difficult to get through to.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

I would also be intersted if anyone who wanted to do the marketing for this product and retain a share of the profits.

I have an ideal product to solve a problem and am getting frustrated in my efforts!

Thank you.

Contact email: han1f [at] ntlworld.com

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Personally I have a cheap solution at home: I buy solid caustic soda pellets at a drugstore and I pour 250 grammes in the sink, add some hot water (cautiously!!!! watch out for projections, it burns badly!!!) and I let it act for 15 minutes.

It works fine!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Brainman

Clogged sinks on planes

Post by Brainman »

Hi and Thanks for your input.
I forgot to mention that this invention does not use any chemicals, works without human intevention and is totally safe. I am sure British Airways would not be grounding their aircraft for 2 days at a time if it just involved pouring a chemical down the drain. They report that the drains actually have to be taken apart to be cleaned.