Emergency landing of SN Brussels A319 in Belarus

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

terenia

Emergency landing of SN Brussels A319 in Belarus

Post by terenia »

I read in the latest news that an SN A319 coming from Moscow had to land in Minsk, Belarus, yesterday afternoon.

1) Does anyone know what caused the emergency?

2) How were the passengers transferred to Brussels? From experience, Minsk is a devastated area, with a superb (empty) airport, but few airlines and aircraft.

3) When will the plane be back in Brussels?

The load factor did not seem to be very high: 21 persons on board. Is that with or without the crew? Anyway, after one week of operation, the route still needs to get known.

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

It was the OO-SSM, landed safely on the 25L this (late) evening.

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

The newspaper (Het Laatste Nieuws) said today that it was because the landing gear of the airbus didn't want to retract. Because they can't fly very high then, they decided to land the airbus after a few km. Passangers (the newspaper said that it were 20 of them) were taken to belgium through vienna (i'm not sure about this, and i don't have the newspaper with me now) and arrived only after a long time.

Does anyone have an update about this?

Greets,

Pieter.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Flybe wrote:Passangers (the newspaper said that it were 20 of them) were taken to belgium through vienna and arrived only after a long time.
On Mondays it is indeed possible to fly from MSQ to BRU on OS via VIE:

17:35 Apr 5 (MSQ) 18:40 Apr 5 (VIE) OS 688 Austrian Change at Vienna
19:50 Apr 5 (VIE) 21:40 Apr 5 (BRU) OS 357 Austrian Total: 5 hrs 5 mins

However, since the flight left MOW at 16:40, I'm not sure they could make that connection...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

However, since the flight left MOW at 16:40, I'm not sure they could make that connection...
Apparently they didn't make it on time. I read the article in the newspaper again and it said that they arrived in BRU on tuesdaymorning...

Greets,

Pieter

Fiero

Post by Fiero »

Okay the load of BS is already getting the newspaper.
In Moskou it had a landing gear problem.
Returned to Belgium with landing gear out ( locking pins in gear for safety)
When comming to Belgium it had a fuel problem so that's why it landed.
Greetzz

Fuji-Monster

Post by Fuji-Monster »

@FlyBE
Your posting says .. landing after a few kilimeters.
I suppose that's what the newspapar said because MOW-Minsk is about the same as Brussels-Milan.

Maybe the weather was bad at MOW because selecting an alternate outside Europe AND another country as your departure, certainly gives extra problems with Visa for the passengers.
Also, the aircraft is vibrating much more at its cruising speed and it won't be comfortable.
Also, flying at a lower level can lead to more turbulence as you stay within the clouds.

So; estimating this flight MOW-Minsk 1:30h with gear down.

More info is required to evaluate but distances are a fix parameter.

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

@ Fuji-Monster

Yes indeed, i translated it from the newspaper (although i know that you have to be carefull with what "Het Laatste Nieuws" writes, it isn't exactly the most accurate newspaper in the world)

Also i'm not related at all with SN or aviation in general, so i don't know any more details. Moreover, i can say that my knowledge of geography isn't exactly what you can call "excellent" (more the other extreme) :oops:

Greets,

Pieter