Discovery Travel to Antwerp (ANR)

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

jan_olieslagers wrote:My memory is hazy, but ISTR Sabena operated the B737 on their Antwerp-London service before they hired D.A.T to fly it for them. D.A.T. first used F27's, then F28's, then acquired Avro RJ85's for this route. Soon after, SABENA took over D.A.T. entirely.
I certainly have an old Sabena timetable here, showing 2 daily B737's in 1984
Absolutely right. A Sabena B737-200 left BRU every Monday morning to ANR (the shortest Sabena route) and then flew to LHR and back twice' a day before returning to from ANR to BRU on Fridazy nights. I once flew the entire LHR-ANR-BRU route, being the only pax between ANR and BRU...
André
ex Sabena #26567

danieln

Post by danieln »

B373229, where did you find prices for the flights to Prague? Have you found a website?

c_carriere

Post by c_carriere »

B737229

Post by B737229 »

c_carriere wrote:www.discovery-link.com
Found them here, as our canadian colleague already pointed out

Established02

Post by Established02 »

The passenger loads appear to be rather low on these Discovery flights.
Various flights have been cancelled so far.

Seemingly Discovery is burning a substantial amount of $$$ on quasi empty flights. Hopefully that is all part of a healthy business plan, however one can start wondering how much financial ammunition Discovery does have available to maintain the ANR operations at their current booking levels.

If you're interested to spot these 146's at ANR, then perhaps you may want to do that rather soon than later. :(

danieln

Post by danieln »

If you use Discovery's booking engine, after a few screens you get a seating map in order to choose your seat. A quick look for the following days learns that almost all the seats are still available. Most of the time, only 4 or 5 seats are occupied...

Avro

Post by Avro »

That's some bad news.

They'll urgently need to do some advertising, or they will have to stop the route quickly I'm afraid :cry:

Chris

flyingaround

Discovery Antwerp-Prague

Post by flyingaround »

I just had a look on the site
Price already down to 139 euro for a return.

http://www.discovery-link.com/

Flying-Polux

Discovery

Post by Flying-Polux »

Since one week now Discovery is operating their 2 daily return flights between Prague and Antwerp. Unforutunately for them, the only time they had more than 2 pax on board was during the inaugural flight.
Wondering for how long long they'll survive.

End of October 2004 Connect will start flying to Antwerp from Basle.

Yep....... :?:

vflies

Post by vflies »

Looking at the link to VRT's TT timetable for ANR, I'm just amazed at the number of flights and the destinations served...
I thought they only had services to AMS and LON...
That's really good news...

Btw, why don't teletext services include flights from CRL, that would be useful too... and would interest more viewers than OST...

VFlies

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

vflies wrote:Btw, why don't teletext services include flights from CRL, that would be useful too... and would interest more viewers than OST...
Because the teletext of VRT covers only airports located in Flanders.

And unfortunately, the teletext of RTBF also only covers BRU, not LGG and CRL.

Politics? I hope not! I think it is only narrowmindedness...
André
ex Sabena #26567

vflies

Post by vflies »

Yes really sad and petty, André.
Both VRT and RTBF are supposed to be public services after all and in a country as small as Belgium, even regional airports are attractive for people living in other regions/communities.
Anyone who ever flew from CRL can tell there are as many passengers from Flanders as there are from French-speaking regions.
And I guess LGG must be very convenient for Limburgers too (both Belgian and Dutch)!

VFlies

c_carriere

Discovery Aviation

Post by c_carriere »

Discovery Aviation chartered a B767 (I think) for the football game in portugal. It seems to be pretty full. Their loads on the routes to Croatia (Brac) seem a little better than the ones to Brussels.