Cheap Belgium Exel trick with flight HXL334?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ph-klm

Cheap Belgium Exel trick with flight HXL334?

Post by ph-klm »

I see on the Schiphol Airport website that flight HXL 334 from Cancun is diverted. The flight has already arrived in Brussels.

Is this just a cheap trick to work around the landing rights of Belgium Exel direct flights into Brussels (which are not allowed I belive) or was the flight really bound for Amsterdam?

This afternoon another Holland Exel plane arrives from Cancun in Amsterdam and I don't think they have 2 flights from Cancun to Amsterdam on the same day.

snowbird

Post by snowbird »

It is indeed a cheap trick.

they operate as flws:
bru - ams hxl 1333
ams- vra-cun hxl 333

cun-ams hxl 334
ams-bru hxl 1334

they don't have a permit to operate out of belgium direct to cun and vra.
So they have to operate via AMS. They must use two flightnumbers and two ticket-slips. Pax has to leave the aircraft in AMS, have to pass the customs and board the aircraft again (so it is a ams-vra-cun-ams flight).
However HXL doesn not have a permit to operate to VRA from AMS, they just do it. Even, the passengers remains seated in the a/c, a/c will be refueled and departs to VRA.
On the way back from CUN they file a flightplan to AMS but above the northsea they divert to BRU so the pax does not need to hub via AMS. Also a trick that is not allowed (only when AMS is closed or other urgent matters).

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for detailed information, snowbird.

Let's hope HXL obtains soon a valid Belgian AOC.
André
ex Sabena #26567