The SN / VEX merger is becoming effective

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Avro

Post by Avro »

TWA wrote:It doesn't make any sence to me , two companies who will remain independent: I can hardly call this a merger.
I wouldn't call this a merger either. From what I understand, SNBA will be the big player, with VEX its low cost subsidary. Like KLM/basiqair.

It's not a bad move at all !!!
SNBA will be the business company , VEX the leisure company
Well, I really hope that they won't mix up the different companies.

And for the name, personally I don't think that SN Express is really a good choice. I sounds very nice, but people will probably associate the Express to a regional subsidary of SN or so....

Greetz
Chris
8)

Fab99

Post by Fab99 »

We never know what the future is made of, maybe SNBA will be renamed something like Virgin Europe and VEX will stay Virgin Express :wink:

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

I think Brandson want's to get rid of VEX and soells it to SNBA and that's probably why VEX has to loose VIRGIN

But this is just my humble opinion!

P.S.: If VEX needs to be rebranded lets hope they get an S-tail too ;)

Avro

Post by Avro »

Fab99 wrote:We never know what the future is made of, maybe SNBA will be renamed something like Virgin Europe and VEX will stay Virgin Express :wink:
I don't think that this will happen, since the SN brand is know getting known in Belgium and has a good reputation, while the VEX brand which is known isn't doing so well :?

Chris

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:I don't think that this will happen, since the SN brand is know getting known in Belgium and has a good reputation, while the VEX brand which is known isn't doing so well :?
Not clear what you mean, Chris, but VEX has a rather good reputation in Belgium, and also abroad. A Spanish colleague coming to meeting in Brussels says he prefers VEX to IB.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

Sorry André, you're right I didn't write very clearly :oops:

What I ment is the following:

SNBA has worked very hard in the past year to build up a strong brand that is known for its quality and very good prizes. In my opinion they suceeded and are now getting more and more known for their good product. On the other hand I totally agree with you that VEX is very well known also abroad, but in my opinion, the people are thinking of low cost when hearing the name VEX. IF know SNBA would be renamed Virigin Europe like proposed above, the good image of SNBA would be ruined, since everybody would think that the new airline would be low cost.

That's why I couldn't imagie SNBA changing its name, I would rather think the opposite to be true.

I hope it's clear this time ;)

Greetz
Chris
8)
Last edited by Avro on 17 Mar 2004, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:I hope it's clear this time ;)
Yes, indeed! Much clearer :lol:
André
ex Sabena #26567

MiStEr-T

Post by MiStEr-T »

and why not:

SN BRUSSELS AIRLINES ->(sn)
SN SUN EXPRESS ->(vex)

good idea for a fake.... lol

TBK :jump:

A318

Post by A318 »

Good to hear this news but I have to be honest about VEX, they are so damn expensive for a LCC!
I hope they will change this since this week I had to build a little europe route with LCC's but everytime VEX was giving prices as a full carrier. Routes I had to book were AMS to BCN, BCN to ROM, ROM to AMS or CRL or BRU. Every time I did a one way search on the VEX site I thought:"is this low cost?". Ibooked now AMS-BCN with Easyjet, BCN to ROM with Volare and (there we go again ;) ) ROM to CRL with Ryanair.
So if VEX really wants to be seen as a low cost carrier they first have to lower their prices with at least 50%.
I wish SNBA/VEX all the best for the future since Belgium really needs a strong carrier again to survive.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Avro

Post by Avro »

I agree with you Erwin. But personally I think that SN will do exactly the same as you mention. SN will most probably continue to offer best buy prices (which are nearly the same as those of VEX) and a very good quality, while VEX will finally become a real low cost.

Greetz
Chris
8)