VLM from LUX to BRU ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

VLM from LUX to BRU ?

Post by sn26567 »

On the BIAC website this morning (Arrivals):

16/03 07:35 Luxembourg VG 491 Image
16/03 07:35 Luxembourg VG 491 Image 07:43

Any explanation from our distinguished expert readers?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

I know the answer :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:I know the answer :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
... and ?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:
Comet wrote:I know the answer :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
... and ?
Do you want me to tell you :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:
Louise

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

www.flyvlm.com don't mention a service between these two cities.

So: come on Comet , please, tell it.

Comet

Post by Comet »

blackhawk wrote:www.flyvlm.com don't mention a service between these two cities.

So: come on Comet , please, tell it.
OK Blackhawk - just for you, here it is :lol:

It is common for VLM to do this. When we were in Antwerp last year we wondered why the arrivals screen was showing arrivals from Jersey with the same flight number as LCY. It turns out that VLM show the flight number between the connecting airport, like for Jersey to Antwerp you would connect in London City and board a flight to ANR from LCY, that is why the flight number was the LCY one.

In this case, to fly VLM from LUX to BRU you would change aircraft in London City (yes really!) The flight number for the morning VLM flight from LUX to LCY is VG491, and after flying on VG491 from LUX to LCY, you would board another VLM flight in London City bound for Brussels. So the details shown on the BIAC screen are not for a landing at BRU, but for a flight which connects in LCY for a service to BRU with a different flight number.

VLM have some weird ideas. If you want to fly with them between Antwerp and Rotterdam you have to go via London City.
Louise

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Comet, thank you very much xxxxxxx ;)

but wouldn't it be a nice idea to start a service between Brussels and Luxemburg?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I don't think your explanation is correct, Comet.

1) This is the first time ever that a VLM flight from Luxembourg is mentioned at Brussels.

2) Why would anyone fly from LUX to BRU via LCY when the train takes a mere 2 hrs?

3) VG 491 leaves LUX at 7:05. Impossible to land at BRU at 7:35 after having in the meantime made a stopover in LCY.

My opinion? Technical problem...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:I don't think your explanation is correct, Comet.

1) This is the first time ever that a VLM flight from Luxembourg is mentioned at Brussels.

2) Why would anyone fly from LUX to BRU via LCY when the train takes a mere 2 hrs?

3) VG 491 leaves LUX at 7:05. Impossible to land at BRU at 7:35 after having in the meantime made a stopover in LCY.

My opinion? Technical problem...
sn26567 - there is nothing wrong with my explanation, you have obviously misunderstood what I said. :evil: VG491 is not scheduled to land in BRU at all, the time you quoted would be the time it is to land in London City to connect with a flight to BRU. I have seen this method of displaying with VLM before at Antwerp, like I said in my post. When I was in ANR last year, flight VG111 (which goes to LCY and nowhere else!) was shown with a landing time in Jersey. VG111 does not call in Jersey - the landing time for Jersey was identical for the landing time at LCY, therefore meaning that the flight to London City was timed to connect with a departure from LCY to Jersey (am I making myself clear here :?: )

I don't know why VLM have those strange connections - but go to their website and look up details for flights between Antwerp and Rotterdam, and you will be given connections through London City :evil:

And don't technical problems for VLM delight you :?: :evil:
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I even have a better explanation: VG 491 from LUX stopped at Brussels (landed at 7:36) to pick up pax and left to LCY as VG 161 at 8:06.

Two flights combined in one to save costs...
André
ex Sabena #26567

pegasus

Post by pegasus »

VLM rescheduled this morning the LUX flight via BRU VG491A in order to perform VG161 BRU LCY due to crewing problem.
rgds
PGT

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:I even have a better explanation: VG 491 from LUX stopped at Brussels (landed at 7:36) to pick up pax and left to LCY as VG 161 at 8:06.

Two flights combined in one to save costs...
:dammit: :dammit: :dammit: :dammit: :dammit: :dammit: :dam :dammit: mit: :dammit: :dammit: :dammit: :dammit: :dammit: :dammit:

I'm obviously not getting through to you sn26567, I give up :evil:
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for confirmation, pegasus.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

Don't worry Louise we understood your point ;)

Thx Pegasus for providing us the info :)

Greetz
Chris
8)

Comet

Post by Comet »

Thanks Chris - it is a difficult point to put across well, I know when we saw the departures/arrivals board in ANR last year we thought it was strange. I tried to find the link from the ANR site to the Teletext departures and arrivals for ANR to show you what I meant, but the ANR site won't load properly on my PC.
Louise

Comet

Post by Comet »

16:30 VG112 from Jersey
16:30 VG405 from Manchester
16:30 VLM112 from London City
This is what I mean - I took this from a post I made on my Yahoo! Group last year about the weird displays on the VLM screens. It was taken from info on the ANR site and shows VG112 from Jersey and VLM112 from LCY, but 112 only flies in from LCY and does not stop in JER, you have to get a flight from JER to LCY if you want to go to ANR, and your flight from JER would connect in LCY anfd you would then board VG112.
Louise

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

pegasus wrote:VLM rescheduled this morning the LUX flight via BRU VG491A in order to perform VG161 BRU LCY due to crewing problem.
rgds
PGT
Has the flu catched up with their crews, or don't they have enough people :?:

The weirdest thing about this announcment from BIAC is the fact that the flight has been cancelled and at the same time landed :!:

ciao,
TriStar :wink: