Grounded for peeing on plane

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

danieln

Grounded for peeing on plane

Post by danieln »

A GROUP of golfers were banned for life by an airline after one was accused of peeing on the seat in front.

Fifteen pals flew with easyJet to play in Portugal but after the plane landed, disgusted airline staff found someone had urinated in a seat pocket.

When the golfers returned to Faro airport three days later, they were stopped from boarding their plane back to Bristol.

The golfers, from Cardiff and Abergavenny, south Wales, were told to make their own way home and not given a refund.

They say they are thinking about legal action.

(Source: Daily Record)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

After Ryanair banning 8 pax for smoking in a plane, easyJet also takes tough action. Well done!

The ban on one airline should be extended to all airlines: get those troublemakers out of the air! ICAO or IATA or whatever should have a black list of black sheep!
André
ex Sabena #26567

SN30952

Re: Grounded for peeing on plane

Post by SN30952 »

danieln wrote:...Fifteen pals flew with easyJet to play in Portugal but after the plane landed, disgusted airline staff found someone had urinated in a seat pocket.
Everything on this kind of airlines is plastic, so the seat pockets are probably lined with plastic....
But no airline deserves to be peeied in the pocket...
In golfers language, isn't that called a 'Birdie"? :wink:

Comet

Post by Comet »

What a revolting way to carry on. It is a sad fact that some sports people like to think that rules never apply to them. They should be banned from flying again, anywhere.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

vflies

Post by vflies »

I have to admit that my "old student" side first found that story kinda funny...
Then just wondering: how can one do that in a (presumably full) plane and get away with it without having all the passengers around screaming and complaining??
Boy, where has that industry gone to??? *sigh*

VFlies

Captain

Post by Captain »

Hooters air is popular with golfers who fly to Myrtle beach.

I don't think anyone would dare urinate in the seat pockets in the presence of those lovely flight attendants.

Captain

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Could be I'm the only one to do so, but I don't agree with EasyJet's reaction. You cannot punish 14 pax because a 15th pax has done something like that. Typical reaction from EasyJet indeed, in line with their policy that pax don't get any refund if a plane is grounded or a flight is delayed or cancelled.

Who says it was indeed pipi, and not one or other coctail drink? Who says it was somebody from that gholf group? How can somebody do pipi in a 737, without somebody else seeing it? So they should also ban 30 pax from the surrounding rows (because none of them had the guts to inform the crew).

I'm sure the group will take legal action, and the court will probably allow a refund to all gholfers who say they were unaware of the pipi story.

This story however make me think on another saving for LCC: ask 1 euro for the use of the toilet aboard! Or tell pax they have to bring their own toilet paper ...

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

Captain wrote:Hooters air is popular with golfers who fly to Myrtle beach. I don't think anyone would dare urinate in the seat pockets in the presence of those lovely flight attendants. Captain
On the headrests maybe? :wink:

Allnipponairways

Post by Allnipponairways »

haha very funny story , reminds me of a flight at ana , where a collegue of mine found a shit lying in the R5 door of the 747 , very smelly and black , maybe he could not get to the toilet on time .. lol .. she was not happy with it because she was sitting there on landing .. lol ... they never found the guy but how can you shit and nobody seeing it ...lol I wonder why ,

anyway the pissing in the seatpocket is a very funny story .. any details how they got home ...

And at hooters aiur , maybe not pipi but something else on the backof the seats , can you find out what ..

greets

flying cobra

B737229

Post by B737229 »

New rage in the UK :

After the football hooligans the golf holigans :roll: 8O :)

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

That is completely disgusting! :pukey: How could someone possibly do that on an airplane packed with people and get away with it :confused: These golfers should be sent to jail!
Onward and Upward...

A318

Post by A318 »

Good action from Easyjet as it was from Ryanair. That's how those idiots should be handled, if you can not behave, you don't fly, that's the Easy way ;)
People need to be put back with both feets on the ground or does nobody have any sence off responsability anymore in this world????
Our governement here in Holland has made a big issue about norms and values in the society and I think this was time to be talked about.
People think when they pay for something they own it also, maybe this is with a cd but NOT with an airplane. If you are with a group off 14 idiots I can understand that nobody from the other passengers saw this since the group took up two full rows.
Now I have to react on some comments here:
SN30952Everything on this kind of airlines is plastic, so the seat pockets are probably lined with plastic....
What a crap, Easyjet flies with very nice and very clean 737's, don't make comments if you never seen them from the inside!
Allnipponairwayshaha very funny story
If you think this is funny I have no idea if you are aware off the fact that this is done by a growing up person. If you still think it is funny you have the same values as the person who did it!

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Avro

Post by Avro »

I never thought that people could be that stupid and do such things :dammit:

Anyway, it's nice to see that EZY immediately banned them :!:

Greetz
Chris
8)

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Avro wrote:I never thought that people could be that stupid and do such things :dammit:
People can be even more stupid...
-throwing footballs at planes in Sint-Maarten SXM
-Trying to touch an airplane somewhere in SouthAmerica, 4 people died allready (urban legend or true story?, see A.net for details, don't remember)
-and then there's my brother ;)

You would be surprised just how stupid people can actually be...

PS: My 100th post, I believe B737 now !!!!