SN Brussels to Oporto and new Rome flight!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

OO-VEX

SN Brussels to Oporto and new Rome flight!

Post by OO-VEX »

Hello,

here are the highlights of the SNBA press release:

Oporto:
The city of Oporto will this summer be in the picture thanks to the European Football Championship, reason enough for SN Brussels Airlines to start own flight operations as of May. SN flights, leaving from Brussels at 9h40 will be offered together with the existing code share flight of partner Portugalia.

They confirm the partnership with AT on the Brussels-Casablanca route. Up to 3 daily flights will be scheduled on this very busy route.

New flight to Rome:
A new late departure from Brussels to Rome (SN 3187, 20h35) and an early departure from Rome to Brussels (SN 3188, 06h45) will certainly be welcomed by our time sensitive passengers. In total, SN and its code share partner Alitalia now fly up to six times daily between Brussels and Rome.

OO-VEX

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

See the full press release at https://www.aviation24.be/article3630.html
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

That's sound slike a great move again :P

But will those additional frequencies on the Rome route be operated with own planes or with those of AZ ????

Let's hope that those will be operated by SN's planes !!

Greetz
Chris
8)

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Chris,

if it's flightnumber SN 3187 it will be operated by SN Brussels Airlines staff and plane as SN-flights operated by code-sharepartners have higer flighnumbers (50XX etc..)

Looks like SN Brussels Airlines flightcrew will have nightstop in Rome what I can translate from the timetables 8)

Avro

Post by Avro »

luchtzak wrote:Chris,

if it's flightnumber SN 3187 it will be operated by SN Brussels Airlines staff and plane as SN-flights operated by code-sharepartners have higer flighnumbers (50XX etc..)

Looks like SN Brussels Airlines flightcrew will have nightstop in Rome what I can translate from the timetables 8)
Sounds like a great news. More flights operated by SNBA :arrow: more planes which are in use :lol:

Now you only have to hope that there will be some football games the days were you'll be on nightstops over there ;)

Chris
8)

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi,

Oporto is a very good move. Interesting city. Will probably stay since it's also a business destination ...

Why the extra Rome flight? Is VEX moving some aircraft for the summer season to allt those other destinations ??

Danny

Avro

Post by Avro »

Why the extra Rome flight? Is VEX moving some aircraft for the summer season to allt those other destinations ??
I once heard that SNBA has stolen alot of pax from VEX on the FCO flights. Additionally they also have a codeshare with AZ, and FCO is always a very popular destination.

Greetz
Chris
8)

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

demol wrote:A market who wasn't served by SN up to now :( Sure, there are the code-sharings with TP to Lisbon :idea: But as far as I am concerned, this doesn't classify Lisbon as a SN destination :o The same for Athens (code-sharing with T4) and many other SN 'operated by' destinations :( Pity that SN doesn't inaugurate services to Lisbon (LIS) & Athens (ATH) :( Euro 2004 & the Olympic Games could have been excellent marketing opportunities to launch services to LIS and ATH... :?

demol.
Demol,

For me the ATH and LIS will be 'real' SNBA flights. I already used the SNBA flight to ATH operated by T4 last week and I will use the SNBA flight to LIS operated by TAP in March. For a 'real' user who is going somewhere for business or leisure activities, it doesn't matter whther it is operated by SNBA or not, as long as the quality is assured.

The advantage is that SNBA now offers virtually 'every' destinations and in any case much more then they could operate themselves (how many additional airplanes would they need to do it themselves?). In addition, this would bring the overall Load Factors for all the players down, and I think this would be bad for all of them (It's not because you put more capacity on the market that it will be used).

Regards,
Danny

Avro

Post by Avro »

You're totally right about the fleet demol. SN does need a more diversified fleet, but the problem doesn't only lie there.
I'm not totally against codeshares, but SN could have done better. Why don't they operate some of the flights on the ATH & LIS sector. That would allready be much better. They seem to have signed a lot of codeshare agreements, where they don't operate a single flight on those routes. :confused: . I hope that SN will/has realized that they also need to fly to those destinations even if it's a codeshare. :!:

Greetz
Chris
8)