Ryanair to close CRL Charleroi - STN London Stansted

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

danieln

Post by danieln »

Erwin,
If you are talking about Ryanair, you might consider changing your signature is "More than pain flying" :)

JetB

Post by JetB »

Erwin,

I always enjoyed a good discussion with you and I have to say that you are more balanced lately.

Cheap tickets come at a price, and Ryanair employees are paying it. Unions can transform this company into a better employer.

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

BobClaes wrote:Erwin,

I always enjoyed a good discussion with you and I have to say that you are more balanced lately.

Cheap tickets come at a price, and Ryanair employees are paying it. Unions can transform this company into a better employer.
Here is a new job-opportunity for you Bob: Mr 'Union' @ Ryanair.

Anyway you already know some contacts in the carrier you could lobby :wink: (see your long Ryanair mailing-list :wink: )

Regards

BeN :idea:

Note to Mr Ryanair: I don't trust you anymore...

JetB

Post by JetB »

Ryanair news relase :

Here is a sample of what our passengers have to say…

“...It is outrageous that an innovative airline like Ryanair is being hounded in this way. This is yet another glaring example of Poiticians being totally out of touch with the common man…” (Allan, Birmingham)

“…The airline has contributed to a huge boom in property, business and tourism in this area…..” (Ms Bowman, Lancashire)

“…Ryanair has set the standard in terms of keeping to schedules and booking online….If low air fares were no longer available it would have a serious impact on our business and countless others…..”(Mr Scholes, Glasgow)

“..If Ryanair and other cheap operators were to put up there fares to prohibitive levels it could be disastrous for the local economy..” (Mr Fitzgerald, Dublin)

“…We should not forget the flag-carrying cartels which created the most expensive mile for mile routes in the world during the 1980s (Ireland to the UK), coupled with our taxes which were required to bail them out every year…Ryanair has no doubt contributed greatly to the success of Ireland …” (Evie Plaice, Canada)

“Access to low cost air fare has changed the lives and broadened the horizons of many people…Please reconsider the EU Commission’s decision on the Chareloi case, and keep open this amazing opportunity for Europeans to share in eachother’s lives, societies and communities” (Mr Corrigan, Limerick)

“..The EU has delivered a clear message to the European consumer that it supports the uncompetitive and incompetent airlines that punish customers for their own inefficiency by way of higher fares…” (Mr O Callaghan, Shannon)

HOW DID THESE PEOPLE CONTACT RYANAIR ???????????????

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

BobClaes wrote:Ryanair news relase :

Here is a sample of what our passengers have to say…

“...It is outrageous that an innovative airline like Ryanair is being hounded in this way. This is yet another glaring example of Poiticians being totally out of touch with the common man…” (Allan, Birmingham)

“…The airline has contributed to a huge boom in property, business and tourism in this area…..” (Ms Bowman, Lancashire)

[...]

HOW DID THESE PEOPLE CONTACT RYANAIR ???????????????
Thanks to one of your famous 'Let's spam Ryanair' lists :lol: :lol:

By the way, there is a poll on Ryanair's web-site too...

Passenger Vote
Do you agree with the European Commissions attack on all low fare airlines, publicly owned airports and more importantly ordinary CONSUMERS?
I OPPOSE the European Commission’s ruling, which will increase air fares for ordinary consumers

I SUPPORT the European Commission’s ruling, which will increase air fares for ordinary consumers.
http://www.ryanair.com/press/2004/contents/9vote.html

And, GREAT PIECE OF NEWS: it is a link to vote@ryanair.com

Regards

JetB

Post by JetB »

I suggest everybody takes a look at Ryanairs website, how can you take this serious ?
Who writes this crap ?

I didnt vote I dont trust Ryanair, if you oppose O'Leary sends you a virus :wink:

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Have you read and reread those questions asked in that poll?

This is blatantly in contradiction with the basic rules of methodology of social sciences.

It only makes me more and more disgusted of the arrogance this airline represents.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Sabena_690 wrote:Have you read and reread those questions asked in that poll?

This is blatantly in contradiction with the basic rules of methodology of social sciences.

It only makes me more and more disgusted of the arrogance this airline represents.

Frederic
Indeed Frederic but who would associate methodology with Ryanair? or with human sciences? :roll:

You could sump up their question by:
- higher prices?
- lower prices?

They use the same strategy when it comes to promote their "services" : "London : €19.99"...

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

No Ben, it's the way how the question is asked that bothers me.

It's called a 'suggestive question'.

It is impossible to draw any results from that poll. And still than, everybody will press 'lower fares' anyway.

I find it very funny how FR blames the EU, while the EU has taken a very correct decision. Why should Ryanair get government support, when other airlines don't get it?

Ryanair has to change, not the EU rules.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

A318

Post by A318 »

danieln wrote:Erwin,
If you are talking about Ryanair, you might consider changing your signature is "More than pain flying" :)
My signature has to totally nothing to do with Ryanair.
The signature is totally related, and the slogan from, Denim Air.
On one thing you are right, it will be more then pain flying Ryanair in the future.
I now only looks first to other carriers and if nobody will fly to the place I want to go for a cheap price and RYR is then I will book them maybe!
My hunting for bargains with Ryanair is definitly over after my EZY flights, what a difference!

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

JetB

Post by JetB »

Just received this mail, O'Leary is a fool for thinking everybody is sending nasty spam mail to the EU.....

Sir,

On behalf of the Vice-President of the European Commission, Loyola de
Palacio, thank you for your kind words dated 02/03/2004 which the
Vice-President has taken due note. Suggestions or ideas from members of the public are particularly valuable for her drive to serve the interests
of the European Union, since the ultimate objective of our policies is to
improvethe conditions in which Europe's citizens live.

Thank you once again for your kind words.

Yours faithfully,

Jorge Romanoff

Cabinet of the Vice-President of the European Commission

danieln

Post by danieln »

Jsut seen this interesting article on the Dutch website Expatica. Guess Ryanair really wants to get rid of Charleroi:

Ryanair ups pressure on Charleroi

3 March 2004

BRUSSELS – Budget airline Ryanair has further increased the pressure on Wallonia's Charleroi airport to absorb any extra costs the carrier may face following a critical European Commission decision about the carrier's operations in Belgium, Le Soir newspaper reported on Wednesday.

Citing un-named Walloon officials, the newspaper said Ryanair on Tuesday made it clear that it will pay no more than EUR 5 per passenger to land at Charleroi.

Le Soir says the airline delivered the ultimatum to the operators of the state-run airport during talks in Charleroi on Tuesday. If the airport is not prepared to keep charging the current fee, Ryanair has threatened to pull out of Charleroi altogether, the newspaper added.

The Walloon officials cited in Le Soir said they did not think they could carry on with the EUR 5 landing fee, because the European Commission last month ruled it was artificially low.

They say Charleroi will have to charge Ryanair at least EUR 9 a passenger if it is to respect the Commission ruling.

As Expatica was updated, Ryanair had made no public comment about the alleged talks with Charleroi.

But the cut-price airline has already fired what many analysts see as a warning shot across the Belgian airport's bows with its announcement late last month that it will in April end flights between Charleroi and London.

A318

Post by A318 »

Well if they pull out of CRL this airport will be as dead in one year as it was before Ryanair arrived there.
Only the people that live around the airport will be happy, they have quit evenings again ;)

Greetings,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Ryanair legt uitbreiding Charleroi 'gedwongen' stil

13:54:03

BRUSSEL - Terwijl de Ierse luchtvaartmaatschappij Ryanair in heel Europa uitbreidt, blijven de activiteiten in de Belgische uitvalsbasis op Charleroi ,,noodgedwongen op stand-by", zo zei sales en marketing manager David Gering vandaag op een persconferentie.

Ryanair lanceert vandaag in Rome vijf nieuwe routes en ook in Nederland, Schotland, Spanje en Duitsland worden binnenkort nieuwe routes geopend of worden extra vliegtuigen ingelegd. Enkel op Brussels South Charleroi Airport (BSCA) komt er voorlopig geen beweging, ,,hoewel zowel Ryanair als BSCA de samenwerking graag verder zouden ontwikkelen".

Reden voor de stilstand is de onderhandelingsronde die moet plaatsvinden tussen Ryanair, BSCA en het Waals gewest. De Europese Commissie bepaalde dat een deel van de hulp die Ryanair kreeg van het Waals Gewest, strijdig zijn met de Europese regels over staatssteun. Daarom moeten de in 2001 bereikte akkoorden herzien worden.

Een nieuw akkoord in april tussen Ryanair en het Waals gewest maakte het mogelijk de hulp te behouden, maar enkel zolang de luchthaven niet meer dan twee miljoen passagiers ontvangt op jaarbasis. Aangezien BSCA waarschijnlijk dit jaar al die kaap van twee miljoen passagiers zal overschrijden, is een nieuw akkoord nodig. In het verleden liet Ryanair-topman Michael O'Leary al weten onder geen beding meer te zullen betalen.
From Destandaard.
Regards
Patrice
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

lumumba wrote:Ryanair legt uitbreiding Charleroi 'gedwongen' stil

13:54:03

BRUSSEL - Terwijl de Ierse luchtvaartmaatschappij Ryanair in heel Europa uitbreidt, blijven de activiteiten in de Belgische uitvalsbasis op Charleroi ,,noodgedwongen op stand-by", zo zei sales en marketing manager David Gering vandaag op een persconferentie.

Ryanair lanceert vandaag in Rome vijf nieuwe routes en ook in Nederland, Schotland, Spanje en Duitsland worden binnenkort nieuwe routes geopend of worden extra vliegtuigen ingelegd. Enkel op Brussels South Charleroi Airport (BSCA) komt er voorlopig geen beweging, ,,hoewel zowel Ryanair als BSCA de samenwerking graag verder zouden ontwikkelen".

Reden voor de stilstand is de onderhandelingsronde die moet plaatsvinden tussen Ryanair, BSCA en het Waals gewest. De Europese Commissie bepaalde dat een deel van de hulp die Ryanair kreeg van het Waals Gewest, strijdig zijn met de Europese regels over staatssteun. Daarom moeten de in 2001 bereikte akkoorden herzien worden.

Een nieuw akkoord in april tussen Ryanair en het Waals gewest maakte het mogelijk de hulp te behouden, maar enkel zolang de luchthaven niet meer dan twee miljoen passagiers ontvangt op jaarbasis. Aangezien BSCA waarschijnlijk dit jaar al die kaap van twee miljoen passagiers zal overschrijden, is een nieuw akkoord nodig. In het verleden liet Ryanair-topman Michael O'Leary al weten onder geen beding meer te zullen betalen.
From Destandaard.
Regards
Patrice
Mais non, pas en flamand! :wink: :lol:

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Hi Ozzie 1969.
I was sure that this will make you happy.
It's not Brugge BELGIUM but Flanders HE!
Slaap wel.
Regards
Pat
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Ozzie1969

Post by Ozzie1969 »

lumumba wrote:Hi Ozzie 1969.
I was sure that this will make you happy.
It's not Brugge BELGIUM but Flanders HE!
Slaap wel.
Regards
Pat
Hartelijk merci! :wink:

Ozzie1969

Post by Ozzie1969 »

Does anybody here know what percentage of traffic FR is responsible for at CRL? I'd hate to see them leave CRL altogether! I've already lost FR's connection between EBOS and STN, then it was CRL to STN, ... What's next? Also, not so long ago, there were rumours that FR would start flying from EBOS again, destinations Rome and Girona. Any news on that?