Rivierajet 1st LCC starts transatlantic flights to BRU-EBBR

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Avro

Post by Avro »

I haven't been able to read on their website, since I have not much time today ( alot of work for tomorrow :( ).

So it seems this could be another hoax :?

I hope it won't be like that, cause it's not what we want, do we :roll: Let's hope they will be able to take off, but as you said Fred (Sabena_690) I don't like the sentence "we will be profitable in one year" either.

BTW when do they plan to start with the flights to BRU ???

Ciao
Chris
8)

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

Intersting news. But, Im' quite suspicious about the colour scheme. Why? It's almost exactly the same as the Boeing 'house colours' applied on one of their latest jets (I think it was the B777-300ER?)

Ivan

JetB

Post by JetB »

I noticed that Jet Blue is mentioned a few times on the Rivierajet website, is there a link ?

Avro

Post by Avro »

demol wrote:
As for the destinations, I find it a bit curious that they will start to fly from JFK to BRU. I mean there are allready 3 airlines operating on that route :!: DL,CO and AA (soon). Woudln't this be a litlle bit too much capacity on that route :?:
Those are exactly my thoughts too, Chris :wink: You even forgot to mention BG :mrgreen: There will definitely be an overcapacity on the New York sector :? The success of 'RivieraJet' on this sector will probably depend on how 'low-cost' they really are, as 'low-cost' is not necessarily a synonym for 'low fares' :?:
I'm glad to see that we agree demol :mrgreen:
and of course I forgot to mention BG :oops:

Greetz
Chris
8)

vflies

Post by vflies »

Well let me be the devil's advocate here:

Their website doesn't say what cities would be linked... just all the destinations...

Maybe they would not fly from EWR to BRU but only from FLL and a nons-stop service to the Miami area would be very welcome (first one since CityBird, ages ago) !

And their flights might be continuing services : FLL - MXP - BRU f.i. As a low cost, if the price is right, it could still attract people...

As mentionned by several other members, any new long haul carrier is welcome in BRU!
As for the serious of their plans... wait & see is all we can do!

VFlies

V-Bird

re

Post by V-Bird »

What i dont get

How they will low cost with new planes on long haul service?

On long haul, you must have service.
You can`t land at small airports ( to reduce cost )

sow how they will do it? Only internet-sales???

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Maybe like VG Airlines a few years ago did ?

Paying for blankets, food, drinks, etc... but then on long haul iso short haul :?

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

"You will get where you paid for"

That is the general rule. If you pay less you well receive almost nothing or nothing. If you want quality you need to pay quality.

Greetz,

Dave

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

In stead of your normal handluggage you can bring your frigobox with food & drinks that you bought in the shop. Then ask the cabin crew to heat up the pizza or lasagna in the oven :?

Just 'brainstorming' 8)

V-Bird

haha

Post by V-Bird »

well, then it`s not the jet-blue way. The company where i work ( well....... i am a trainee ) V-Bird works also with the jet-blue system.

It means that they don`t cut on service, only leather seats, and alot off space in the plane... ( the planes of jet-blue have +/- 20 seats less then the normal a320 )

The jet-blue way means that they only sell by internet and special call-centers. and that they fly to airports on the quit hours ( the airline pay less tax and rights then during the "rush" hours )

I also heard that Virgin Atlantic will start ( again ) flights with the a321 to greece, malta and cypres. Is there somebody who heard this also???

Kind regards,

Bart

Avro

Post by Avro »

How they will low cost with new planes on long haul service?

On long haul, you must have service.
You can`t land at small airports ( to reduce cost )

sow how they will do it? Only internet-sales???
Well, they will for sure have something to eat on board, but you'll probably be forced to pay for it :? even if it's a long flight. Further more if they have a very good company structure, they can afford to reduce the ticket fares considerably without loosing money. If they are able to offer very attractive fares, they will also be able to fill their planes quite easily, which is again a very important point for LCC.

I suppose that they will be trying to sell most of the tickets via internet :roll:

Greetz
Chris
8)

PH-WSN

Post by PH-WSN »

Do you think this will trigger a new market for new style LCCs with a more diverse product or that it will drive up the competition between the current airlines? I hope that it will encourge a lot of investors to invest in the aviation world

JetB

Post by JetB »

I don't expect to much from these airlines, look at ZOOM even before starting, this company reduced its destinations to the strict minimum / seasonal.

How much are you willing to spend flying a long haul LCC ?.

You can fly the traditional carriers from BRU to LAX for around 400 euro. How much cheaper is a LCC going to make this ?.

If it was so profitable Southwest and Ryanair would have started this a long time ago.

V-Bird

re

Post by V-Bird »

well,

when i have to pay 250 euro for a KLM/ transavia flight to Nice, and 47 euros for a V-Bird flight to Nice, with the same service ( V-Bird don`t cut in services ), a lot off legspace, the same amount of luggage in kilograms, a anboard entertaiment system, drinks and food including the ticket price, i choose for the cheaper flight. And... on the medium haul flights, LCC fly`s from regional airports, so i dont take the car of train for 3 hours to get at amsterdam, but i take the car and within 30 minutes i am at the airport.... What would you choose???

Kind Regards,

sn26567

Re: re

Post by sn26567 »

V-Bird wrote:wow... a new virgin atlantic from the usa.... awesome
Not really! Virgin Atlantic is a full service airline (and with excellent service!), whereas RivieraJet is an LCC...
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:As for the destinations, I find it a bit curious that they will start to fly from JFK to BRU. I mean there are allready 3 airlines operating on that route :!: DL,CO and AA (soon). Woudln't this be a litlle bit too much capacity on that route :?:
You don't remember the time when that route was flown by: SN (Sabena!), PA, TW, AA, CO and even SQ
André
ex Sabena #26567

V-Bird

re

Post by V-Bird »

when this new airline use the jet blue way of working, they are also a full service airline.

Kind Regards

744rules

Post by 744rules »

I checked with slot co-ordination BRU and they haven't recieved any request up to now

8)

Avro

Post by Avro »

sn26567 wrote:
You don't remember the time when that route was flown by: SN (Sabena!), PA, TW, AA, CO and even SQ
Nope I can't remember this wonderful time. I was way too young for that ;)

Chris