Rivierajet 1st LCC starts transatlantic flights to BRU-EBBR

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

744rules

Post by 744rules »

André,

I know it's :offtopic: , but if you are talking history, why did leave out Capitol, People Express and Tower Air. I think Chris must feel terrible to see what he missed :wink: , but I start feeling old at the same time

:roll:

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

When they will start operations? I'm very curious! Sure if you know i'm a frequently New York flyer!

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

TWA

Post by TWA »

This company reminds me a lot of Citybird.

They also used to fly to EWR and MIA with B767-300 equipment and with a similar service and fare structure (meaning that you can also buy cheap one way tickets iso getting overcharged by traditional carriers for this type of ticket)

I have still a poster with this beautiful MD11 Citybird making publicity for a one way BRUMIA for only BEF 5990,- / 150 €
And believe me, just before they stopped long haul, those flights were always packed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only strange thing about riviera-jet is that they would fly FFL-BRU iso MIA-BRU!!!
Maybe it's their secret ingredient to profile as a LCC by flying from this airport which is also used by other LCC's like Song, ZOOM, TANGO, Airtran, Spirit, Southwest, Westjet, Frontier, American Trans Air........

TWA

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

luchtzak wrote:In stead of your normal handluggage you can bring your frigobox with food & drinks that you bought in the shop. Then ask the cabin crew to heat up the pizza or lasagna in the oven :?

Just 'brainstorming' 8)
Bart :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the winter period you could also ask passengers to bring de-icing fluid and, why not, ask them to spray it :wink:

Regards

BeN :idea:

A318

Post by A318 »

De-icing fluid??? Just with a broom since it is cheaper ;)

Just kidding, if they will fly Brussels - Fort Lauderdale I will fly them on the end of the year since my cousin is living in Fort Lauderdale and I always have to make the 45 minute drive from Miami to Fort Lauderdale. Since the Miami area is not really safe (and now I say it decent) I would love to fly directly to Lauderdale.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Hi all,

if 'rivierajet' will start operations this topic will become very very popular on google ;-)

Why? Check this url:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... rivierajet

:offtopic: but what the heck ;-)

Avro

Post by Avro »

744rules wrote:André,
I think Chris must feel terrible to see what he missed :wink: , but I start feeling old at the same time
yep :cry: I do fell very sad :cry: It must have been a great time. But that's life and the future can also be very plesant :P

Chris
8)

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

@demol: just because MIA is an important AA hub, I can see them starting a seasonal MIA-BRU within a few years when the economy picks up.

Don't forget that Swissair took the opening of BRU-MIA away from SN, and please let me know if this is wrong or not, but I heard from several people that ZRH-MIA was profitable for SR and is currently also profitable for LX.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Avro

Post by Avro »

Well, I wouldn't see why BRU-MIA wouldn't be profitable. It's a very popular touristic region in the US.

Chris

airDD

Post by airDD »

demol,

LAX & BOS are no AA hubs, just large "focus" cities.
RDU hasn't been an AA hub for years and the former TWA hub STL has been downgraded to a RJ hub...

airDD

airDD

Post by airDD »

Demol,

Well focus city is a well known term here in the USA, I am sure it doesnt exist in Belgium. ;)

AA at LAX is only serving O/D traffic and doesnt have flight banks like for instance UA at LAX.
AA does have some American Eagles flights to small cities in California from.

Link below explains the ops at the 5 AA hubs (MIA, ORD, STL & DFW, SJU) :
http://www.amrcorp.com/facts/hubs.htm

I fly every week out of LAX and can rarely get to my destination with AA unless connecting in DFW or ORD.

Nevertheless, I would like to see a flight LAX-BRU again but it is probably never gonna happen again :(

airDD

A318

Post by A318 »

After some investigation on internet they will start flying New York - Brussels and Fort Lauderdale - Brussels. They will also start those destinations directly on another city in Europe, I expect Rome but that's a wild guess from me. Talking about a new airline without the livery is nothing, so here is RivieraJet:

Looks very nice to me, especially for a transatlantic LCC, compare them to former Air Holland on their flights to Curacao etc.
I hope they will start soon so I can book for a very nice price my flights to Lauderdale later this year :D

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

A318 wrote:After some investigation on internet they will start flying New York - Brussels and Fort Lauderdale - Brussels. They will also start those destinations directly on another city in Europe, I expect Rome but that's a wild guess from me.
Indeed a wild guess, they will start services to Nice, followed by Brussels & Berlin. But lets watch if they really come to Nice ;).

SS

vflies

Post by vflies »

V-Bird wrote:when this new airline use the jet blue way of working, they are also a full service airline.
Quite wrong, V-Bird!

Jet Blue (and Song now) are "nice" LCC's but they're no full service carriers, they're still very much LCC's...

You can ONLY make reservations thru the internet (no agents, no phone),
you only get e-tickets (no paper option),
you only have one class of service on-board,
you only have the minimum number of FA's prescribed by the FAA,
you PAY extra for your magazines,
you PAY extra for your drink,
you PAY extra for your food,
you PAY extra for your private entertainment system
(ok, that one is VERY nice as you get live tv on your own screen!)

Of course with internet reservations and e-tickets becoming the rule and withtraditional carriers now also starting to sell food on board, the difference in service can appear minimum, but nonetheless AA, UA, DL, CO... are still full service while Jet Blue, Song, AirTran, Ted... are not!

VFlies

vflies

Post by vflies »

744rules wrote:why did leave out Capitol, People Express and Tower Air.
And I believe those were also (early) long-haul LCC's, right?

Tower was a great concept: all 747 flights and fab destinations from their JFK base (MIA, CDG, TLV, ATH...) ! *sigh*

VFlies

vflies

Post by vflies »

Hum... before I get flamed by all JetBlue fans: yes I know that DirectTv is free of charge on JetBlue, but you have to pay for it on Song...

VFlies