AER LINGUS 'Premier Class'

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Sabena_690

AER LINGUS 'Premier Class'

Post by Sabena_690 »

Following a comprehensive review of custumor demand for Premier Class (Business Class)services within Europe, Aer Lingus has taken the decision to reduce
the number of routes on which Premier class is offered .
Effective march 1st 2004, Aer Lingus will offer Premier Class within continental Europe on the following routes ONLY:
Dublin - Amsterdam
Dublin - Brussels
Dublin - Frankfurt

Despite FR active and attractive pricing, EI keeps succesfully the high yield traffic in BRU !
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Avro

Post by Avro »

Well, it's surprises me a bit that they introduce Premier class again on some flights. I thought they wanted to become low cost :?: :roll: Or do they try to combine the 2 vriants (LCC and Full cost carrier)

Anyway it's nice to see that there is such a demand for the BRU flight. It's maybe time for SNBA to start flights to/from Dublin...

Greetz
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:Or do they try to combine the 2 vriants (LCC and Full cost carrier)
Just like SWISS...

Of course, BRU is a "premier" destination for airlines: all those MEPs travelling business at taxpayers' costs...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

The service on Aer Lingus is so basic, it's unbelievable. I have heard that they really went down the nick when they alterered themselves into a hybrid of low cost and full service. I only experienced the later Aer Lingus. I have to say I wouldn't want to fly log haul with them.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

JetB

Post by JetB »

André, Do we have to consider that to be subsidies ??? :wink:

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

@Comet: do not generalise EI on short- and longhaul. On shorthaul, they have Ryanair to compete with. On longhaul, they have competition from AA/UA/... (all offering a lousy product too).

@Chris:
They do not introduce Premier class, they took it away on most flights, except the 3 I mentioned above!

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Avro

Post by Avro »

Sabena_690 wrote: @Chris:
They do not introduce Premier class, they took it away on most flights, except the 3 I mentioned above!
Ok thanks. I thought they completely stopped the premier class for a while and now started to re-introduce it on 3 destinations :)

Ciao
Chris
8)