VLM in new colours

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

AN124

VLM in new colours

Post by AN124 »

Just recieved a mail message from some one that works at the Airport of Eindhoven.
At this moment OO-VLY is in the paintshop in Eindhoven and will come at the 27th in the new VLM colours.
A photoshot is planned for 13:00 on the 27th of January. (Source: EWAS)

Does anyone has an idea how the new colours will look like. Can't find anything at the Liladesign website yet.

Best Regards,
Yvo

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ask Louise (Comet). She knows everything about VLM ;-)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

I didn't even know OO-VLY existed! What is its name? I certainly had read nothing about a livery change for VLM, but I am very interested. If there is a OO-VLY, then is there also a OO-VLW, as the previous registrations ended with OO-VLV?
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

Comet wrote:I didn't even know OO-VLY existed! What is its name? I certainly had read nothing about a livery change for VLM, but I am very interested. If there is a OO-VLY, then is there also a OO-VLW, as the previous registrations ended with OO-VLV?
There is no OO-VLW, but there is an OO-VLX (c/n 20177 ex Aer Lingus) and OO-VLY (c/n 20181 also ex Aer Lingus).
Both were ferried to the Netherlands to be prepared for VLM, and went to the Belgian register on December 08 2003.
Btw four more reservations for VLM are made in the register: for OO-VLI, VLL, VLT and VLZ.

SS
Last edited by Skystef on 26 Jan 2004, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.

Comet

Post by Comet »

That's great, thanks SkyStef. I hope I see these new additions when I go to Brussels. I can update my own database now.
Louise

TWA

Post by TWA »

Even the company who designs VLM's livery, doesn't give any new information:

http://www.liladesign.com/VLM-Airlines.html

TWA

AN124

Post by AN124 »

I'll keep my eyes open.
We should know more tomorrow evening.
If it's a realy big change Lila won't give it free until the photoshoot is over.

Best Regards,
Yvo

Avro

Post by Avro »

I'm really looking forward to see those new colours. I hope they'll be nice :P
There is no OO-VLW
Why don't they use OO-VLW as a registration when they allready have OO-VLV and OO-VLX :?: :roll: is it because VLV could be confused with VLW or is there any other reason :?:

Ciao
Chris
8)

Jense

Post by Jense »

Always nice, a new colorscheme at BRU...
Where is that photo-shoot? At Eindhoven?

greettzzz

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Avro wrote:I'm really looking forward to see those new colours. I hope they'll be nice :P
There is no OO-VLW
Why don't they use OO-VLW as a registration when they allready have OO-VLV and OO-VLX :?: :roll: is it because VLV could be confused with VLW or is there any other reason :?:

Ciao
Chris
8)
I think OO-VLW is already used by
ENSTROM 480 5008 G-BWHE,(OO-CAC),OO-VLW,D-HELD[3]
http://www.geocities.com/rotorspot/oo.htm

Regards

BeN :idea:

Avro

Post by Avro »

Allright, so that's the reason behind that story. Thanks for solving it OO-SBZ ;)

It's kind of stupid, because now VLM will have a gap in their registrations, if you see what I mean. But it's maybe just me who thinks that way :? :roll:

Greetz
Chris
8)

Comet

Post by Comet »

Chris - I agree with your point of view. I would have thought that there would have been OO-VLW to follow on from OO-VLV, that's why i asked the question. It would have been the logical step, but if the registration is already in use by another aircraft...
Louise

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

Q707 wrote: Btw four more reservations for VLM are made in the register: for OO-VLI, VLL, VLT and VLZ.
Seems like four more Fokker's are scheduled to arrive :wink:
I wonder what their new livery will look like.
Will it be"low-cost-ish" if you see what I mean .
Or will it be more "serious-business-ish" :?:

Tomorrow we'll know:!:

ciao,
TriStar :jump:

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Or they are going to announce they are incorporated in Ryanair :lol: :lol:

As a result, Louise, the n°1 VLM fan would be part of the Ryanair fan club :wink:

BeN :idea:

A318

Post by A318 »

:mrgreen: LOL :mrgreen:

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Comet

Post by Comet »

Very funny Ben :lol: I have no hard feelings towards Ryanair, I just prefer the model of some other low cost operators who fly into mainstream airports instead of some of the out of the way places Ryanair use (EasyJet use CDG for Paris but Ryanair use Beauvais - if I were going low cost to Paris I would use EasyJet because I prefer a more accessible airport).

If VLM change anything on their already smart livery (I think blue is one of the nicest colours to use on an aircraft colour scheme), it should be the colours of their engines. They are blue at the front, and black from the exhaust backwards and over the top, which does not look nice on first seeing it, gives the idea that the engine has been on fire!

My own favourite colour scheme was the Sabena one at bankruptcy, and the Sobelair one - dark blue engine cowlings and the dark blue letterign and tail - very classy!
Louise

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

Comet wrote:
My own favourite colour scheme was the Sabena one at bankruptcy, and the Sobelair one - dark blue engine cowlings and the dark blue letterign and tail - very classy!
You just have to ask, Comet :wink:
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Comet

Post by Comet »

Thanks for those photos Bart - they are very nice models. Mine is a pathetic snap together A319 on a stand which I bought in Brussels once.

I always loved that livery, and on the larger Airbus aircraft there is that little bird design painted onto the winglet.

I think SNBA's colours are nice, but they are applied in a weird way, with that lilac colouring being painted round the fuselage like it is. But at least they kept that nice blue tail colour scheme!
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

I agree with you Louise that the latest Sabena colour scheme and that of SLR was the nicest.

I was also happy to see that SNBA has kept the most beautifull tail in the world :D but they had to change the rest of the colours, because they need to have their own identity.

Chris

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:...on the larger Airbus aircraft there is that little bird design painted onto the winglet.
The one in my avatar? Indeed! Magritte's "Bird in the Sky" has for a long time been the symbol of Sabena and was reproduced everywhere, from timetables to seat covers and from menus to winglets.
André
ex Sabena #26567