SAS Flight Makes Unplanned Landing After Warning, Ritzau

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

TallDutch

SAS Flight Makes Unplanned Landing After Warning, Ritzau

Post by TallDutch »

Oct. 10 (Bloomberg) -- An SAS Denmark Q400 headed to Poland returned to Copenhagen after pilots got a cockpit warning of a possible failure in the Bombardier Inc. aircraft, the Ritzau news service reported, citing Mikkel Loendahl, a spokesman for parent company SAS Group.

The plane was headed to Gdansk with 47 passengers when the pilots opted to return to Copenhagen because of a cockpit ``indication failure,'' Rizau said, citing Loendahl. The plane landed in Copenhagen without incident, he said.

SAS, the operator of Scandinavian Airlines, resumed flights with Q400 aircraft on Oct. 4, three weeks after grounding the 27 planes following two crash landings in September. The groundings cost SAS as much as 15 million kronor ($2.3 million) a day, the company said last month.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... fer=canada#

Bob_Marcotte

Post by Bob_Marcotte »

Thought this was going to be about last night. Saw on the website of Brussels airport last night: SK579 19h00 Paris CDG (M80). Normally SK579 is the flightnumber for ARN-CDG. Scheduled stop or technical problem? Anyone got more info as I couldn't find anything in the spotters database??

Edit: to answer my own question: LN-ROP ARN-CDG made a stop in BRU due to radar failure at CDG...

To stay on topic :wink: about the Q400's: I hope SK replaces them really soon with another, more reliable aircraft. Geez, at least 50 percent of flights to / from bru operated by these machines are either cancelled or arrive way too late because of technical problems, <sarcasm on> wind blowing too hard<sarcasm off>,...

Yeah well, that's just my 2 eurocents of course...

Bob