B767 for Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Boeing767copilot

B767 for Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium?

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Al reliable source told me that Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium will buy or lease a B767 for next summer? Has anybody some news about this subject?

Spotter 22

Post by Spotter 22 »

Maybe they can buy OO-TUC for a very good price :lol: :wink:
It's a nearly new plane as almost every component is replaced by now probably :wink:
Last edited by Spotter 22 on 08 Oct 2007, 05:24, edited 1 time in total.

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

Spotter 22 wrote:Maybe they can buy OO-TUC for a very good price :lol: :wink:
Or Hewa Bora's. Also an old thing !!!

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

A good source told me for the moment 99.9% not. But hey, everything is possible in aviation.

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

Hello,

Keep on dreaming.:D But for 100% it will not be OO-TUC or Hewa Bora Airways B767.:wink: Maybe they go for a Russian Ilyushin or Tupolev.:D:D JOKE !!!

Greetings,
Kristof

BRANCOCALIENTE

Post by BRANCOCALIENTE »

End of contract with MP is coming (next winter 2008), that explains this... :D
It would be nice to see another belgian operator on long haul exotic destinations.

JAF 23

Post by JAF 23 »

And who has the only Belgian pax B767? ...

Just wait for an announcement to be made :wink:

PlaneBiz

Post by PlaneBiz »

Is that Hewa Bora 767 still parked at BRU? There were rumours of it being sold.

Sabena320

Post by Sabena320 »

Yep it's still parked near Lufthansa Technik.

camel

Post by camel »

Maybe it's a good idea for thomas cook and brussels airlines to work together on this. With only some ( I think three) long haul destinations for FQ the plane will be a lot on the ground in BRU, and SN could use it for example DKR and TLV-fllights.

In the early days the same thing happened with Sabena and Sobelair. Sabena for Tel Aviv flights and Bangkok, ans Sobelair for caribian destinations. I know both companies were 'family' related and worked with the same S-brandname...

Maybe it's whishfull thinking, but can't belgian carriers (with a small home-market) work together on one plane???

FLY4HOURS.BE

Post by FLY4HOURS.BE »

Good idea, only operational problem is maybe: delays.

No one wants to suffer from the delays caused by another.
But financialy-speaking this could be great.
Fly4hours, making the path to airline pilot affordable to all

747man

Post by 747man »

Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium is soon going to replace the 3 oldest A320's in 3 newer ones . This is what I heared. Lets hope they will add a B767 for their long distances :D

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hi

Why don't they just use a B767 from their own, from Deutsche Thomas Cook, like they use to do until 2 years ago? That's the most logical solution to me...furthermore I must say that I like the FQ 767's a lot more than the MP's (or maybe that's because I've seen so many MP's in mean time :D)

Best regards: Yannick ;)

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

camel wrote:Maybe it's a good idea for thomas cook and brussels airlines to work together on this. With only some ( I think three) long haul destinations for FQ the plane will be a lot on the ground in BRU, and SN could use it for example DKR and TLV-fllights.

In the early days the same thing happened with Sabena and Sobelair. Sabena for Tel Aviv flights and Bangkok, ans Sobelair for caribian destinations. I know both companies were 'family' related and worked with the same S-brandname...

Maybe it's whishfull thinking, but can't belgian carriers (with a small home-market) work together on one plane???
FLY4HOURS.BE wrote:Good idea, only operational problem is maybe: delays. No one wants to suffer from the delays caused by another. But financialy-speaking this could be great.
We shouldn't be talking about Belgian carriers, but about Belgian touroperators, as the 2 major Belgian charter airlines (Jetairfly and Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium) are fully owned by their touroperators: Jetair and Thomas Cook. It's commercialy impossible that tourists from Jetair have to take a seat in a A320 from Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium (and v.v., Thomas Cook clients taking a seat in Jetairfly's OO-TUC).

Belgian touroperators can work together, but only if it's through a neutral charter like TNT. And this is done: smaller t/o's (although, a touroperator with 30 mio euro turnover isn't that small) take joined allotments on TNT flights.

- - -

I can only remember two joined JAF/THC flights: repat flights after the tsunami in the Indian Ocean (Dec 2004 / Jan 2005) and one repat flight after a terrible hurricane in the Dominican Republic.

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

It's commercialy impossible that tourists from Jetair have to take a seat in a A320 from Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium (and v.v., Thomas Cook clients taking a seat in Jetairfly's OO-TUC).
I don't want to burst your buble, but there are already JAF pax on TCW flights and v.v.

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

EBAW_flyer wrote:
It's commercialy impossible that tourists from Jetair have to take a seat in a A320 from Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium (and v.v., Thomas Cook clients taking a seat in Jetairfly's OO-TUC).
I don't want to burst your buble, but there are already JAF pax on TCW flights and v.v.
Would be really great if you could give details about Jetairfly and Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium, having allotments on flights of the other one.

Imagine tourists who have booked a trip from a Jetair brochure board a Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium plane. And all goes well. Will they book Jetair next time? No, they will book THC. That's the main reason why Sales from both t/o's are afraid to take an allotment in a plane in the colours from the competition.

As the top-2 from the Belgian travel trade have vertical integration, it's however possible that one Thomas Cook Travel Shop books cients for a VIP Selection-program. And it's possible that one TUI Travel Center books clients for a Pegase-trip. But they're only allowed to do so, if their own product isn't suitable for the client.

When Sobelair and City Bird were still there, the t/o's negociated: Production Jetair contacted Production Thomas Cook (Sunsnacks), and a deal was set up - sometimes even with a third t/o delivering the last 30 seats. But that period is gone since they both have their own airline (although the 2 Belgian t/o's are actually owned by the same German bank...).

BigJets

Post by BigJets »

Sobelair used to fly for both Jatair and Thomas Cook. Most of the time the passengers were separated and put on different flights, even with the same destination and even on long haul flights. For efficiency and flexibility reasons, mixes did occur.

The same is still true today. Both JetAirFly and Thomas Cook Airlines serve their own market, however, there ARE flights were there are passengers of BOTH tour operators on board. Brussels to Cairo, operated by JetAirFly also carries Thomas Cook, Neckermann and Pegase passengers while flights to Funchal, Faro and Corfu of Thomas Cook Airlines also carry JetAirFly passengers. This happens on other routes as well of course.

Another example: Thomas Cook Airlines flies daily from Brussels to Hurghada. Capacity is 180 seats. 180 X 7 is 1260. That week it just happens that Thomas Cook Airlines wants to sell 1310 seats (or 50 seats more than its capacity. They will not put in an extra aircraft for those 50 passengers but instead will contact JAF (or another airline) to see if they have space available. It is better to offer a product, even with the competition, than to offer nothing at all. This system works well for all airlines involved.

The same goes for TNT. Thomas Cook Airlines or JetAirFly can sometimes fly Club Med passengers to their destination on behalf of TNT.

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

BigJets wrote:Another example: Thomas Cook Airlines flies daily from Brussels to Hurghada. Capacity is 180 seats. 180 X 7 is 1260. That week it just happens that Thomas Cook Airlines wants to sell 1310 seats (or 50 seats more than its capacity. They will not put in an extra aircraft for those 50 passengers but instead will contact JAF (or another airline) to see if they have space available. It is better to offer a product, even with the competition, than to offer nothing at all. This system works well for all airlines involved.
Strange. When I was involved in this kind of allotment bookings, we always made sure that Production had flights and hotelrooms OK before Sales was informed. Only in case of an emergency, like an uneforeseen and exceptional overbooking or human or computer error, pax would be booked onto other flights. But then, we're talking about few pax, not 50, and only as a last minute decision (mostly handled by the airport office), not as regular company policy. No touroperator will sell 25 rooms without having an OK for 50 own seats.