Air Balloons Pose a Threat to Russian Planes

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Nat

Air Balloons Pose a Threat to Russian Planes

Post by Nat »

A press-release of the Russian Federal Aeronautical Service marks that collapsing with aircraft, air balloons may cause plane systems and engines failure http://www.russia-ic.com/news/show/4880/
I translated this new item but am rather sceptic about it: if an air balloon collapses with a plane, may it really lead to serious breakdowns?
Hedgehog is a proud bird - it won`t fly unless you kick it.

TWR

Post by TWR »

Yes it could. Consider the damage of a small bird on take-off and then think about the size and mass of the balloon casket+occupants.

But the article does underestimate the manoevring capabilities of ACFT. And it's rather easy to spot hot-air balloons while in flight...

b720

Post by b720 »

Hi,
I hope you'll be generous enough to post something positive or informative, once in while, about Russian aviation... We do not know much about that the situation in russia except that it is booming, I am sure there is much more useful info you can share with us than balloons, and young kids surviving on the wing for a few hours.. Thanks

vlaus

Re: Air Balloons Pose a Threat to Russian Planes

Post by vlaus »

Nat wrote:A press-release of the Russian Federal Aeronautical Service marks that collapsing with aircraft, air balloons may cause plane systems and engines failure http://www.russia-ic.com/news/show/4880/
I translated this new item but am rather sceptic about it: if an air balloon collapses with a plane, may it really lead to serious breakdowns?
I am TOTALY !!!!!!! agree with b720 - Stop sending NEGATIVE posts about Russian aviation . Have a bit of a pride that you are Russian !!! I suppose that you should leave Russia and live somewhere else if you are trying to give to the readers provocative posts !!!! Is it a hate of a bad life ???
Russian aviation is great and their pilots are experts in their job !
Just think about your image here on this site dear ......

vlaus

Post by vlaus »

Nat wrote:A press-release of the Russian Federal Aeronautical Service marks that collapsing with aircraft, air balloons may cause plane systems and engines failure http://www.russia-ic.com/news/show/4880/
Just one more thing Nat - I have looked at back date posts from you - There were N O N E , and I repeat N O N E of them on a positive side . What a shame , what an IMAGO !!!

Nat

Post by Nat »

Just surprised to see these comments. I write about what happens, despite the fact whether it is bad or not. I do not feel ashamed of posting some negative things about Russian aviation and being of Russian nationality at the same time. How can one be ashamed of telling truth? News is something that happens (positive or negative), and does not depend on what one wants to see. Or i should write only good things about Russian aviation simply because i`m Russian???

No positive news?

S7 Airlines got IOSA certificate - isn`t it good news?

A boy flew in a plane wing in -50C temperature and survived - isn`t it good news? He could have died, but survived.

I also wrote that 1st ever Russian airport was sold to a foreign investor, which means that someone thinks the deal in Russia can be profitable. Isn`t it good news also?

"Russia Creates Unique System of Planes Protection", "Armenia to Try Russian Superjet", "International Business-Aviation Exhibition Jet Expo-2007" - all these are bad news???? And a lot of various news i had submitted here before the "submit module" went down.

I think someone should just read more attentively and carefully before claiming something. Or not to read it at all if you don`t like the headlines.

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

Please people. I don't see anything wrong or negative in Nat's post. She gives us information from Russia and she is only curious to know something about aviation security . Nothing wrong at all.

Nat

Post by Nat »

vlaus wrote:
I am TOTALY !!!!!!! agree with b720 - Stop sending NEGATIVE posts about Russian aviation . Have a bit of a pride that you are Russian !!! I suppose that you should leave Russia and live somewhere else if you are trying to give to the readers provocative posts !!!! Is it a hate of a bad life ???
Russian aviation is great and their pilots are experts in their job !
Just think about your image here on this site dear ......
I see nothing wrong with my image here, and not going to show any hypocritical pride and i`m content with my life. And where the hell did i ever tell that Russian aviation and pilots are bad on the whole? Open your eyes and you will notice that not all of my news are negative.
Your reaction looks like hysterics.

Nat

Post by Nat »

Vlaus, i`ve just had a look at ALL of your 3 posts at this forum, and noticed that you post only NEGATIVE things and only under MY news.

Not brave enough to post your negative comments under your regular log-in name?

regi

Post by regi »

People who live around the new Suwanabhumi airport in Thailand, threated to launch airballoons in the night , out of anger because of the noise. ( read: because they had not received compensation yet because their land had lost its residential value )
There is no law that forbids people to launch air balloons .
Is there a law that forbids people to attach nails or bolts on air balloons?

Nat

Post by Nat »

regi wrote:People who live around the new Suwanabhumi airport in Thailand, threated to launch airballoons in the night , out of anger because of the noise. ( read: because they had not received compensation yet because their land had lost its residential value )
There is no law that forbids people to launch air balloons .
Is there a law that forbids people to attach nails or bolts on air balloons?
There is no law forbidding people to launch air baloons, this is why our navigation service only kindly asks citizens to note that baloons can threaten flights safety.