Hainan own office in Brussels

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ERICAIRLINES

Hainan own office in Brussels

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

According to Brussels airport website,hainan is hiring staff for a central brussels office ..they were before working with air agencies or I'm wrong ?

ERICAIRLINES

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

Sorry to reply to my own post,but once again this morning I learned that Hainan was about to buy three hotels in Brussels(including two 4 stars) this would mean that they are going to invest big money on the BRU station ,and why not a 9w kind of hub in a near or medium term future?

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

ERICAIRLINES wrote:Sorry to reply to my own post,but once again this morning I learned that Hainan was about to buy three hotels in Brussels(including two 4 stars) this would mean that they are going to invest big money on the BRU station ,and why not a 9w kind of hub in a near or medium term future?
When Hainan will launch flights to BRU with the new A330-200s ? already this winter ?

Sorry if off topic

OrientThai

Post by OrientThai »

Hainan will start using its new A330s to BRU in October or early November at the latest. Moreover this winter Hainan should still fly to BRU four times a week with two flights going via BUD (though not mentioned on the Brussels Airport website). So this is better than the two weekly flights we had last year during the winter.

The purchase of these hotels shows that HU wants to develop further its business in BRU (These hotels will be mainly intended for the Chinese tourists). Well several projects have been/are studied for further expansion from BRU like flights to Africa or to another Chinese city, but nothing concrete so please don't get too excited about it....

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Hainan has bought the two ex-Sabena hotels : "Sodehôtel La Woluwe" at Woluwé-Saint-Lambert and the "Carrefour de l'Europe", in the center of Brussels.
And also the "Wavre Hôtel", at Wavre.

ERICAIRLINES

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

What are your sources?Do they have flights expansion also?Shangai,or other chineses cities?Extra frequencies for Beijing?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Its a fact that during the road show of Macquarie Airport they expect that Hainan Airlines will be the carrier to open the route Shangai - Brussels and this between 2008 - 2011.

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

OrientThai wrote:Hainan will start using its new A330s to BRU in October or early November at the latest.
Just to be sure, you mean octobre/novembre this year?

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

ERICAIRLINES wrote:What are your sources?
My source : "Le Soir" 29/30 sept 2007, page 23

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

ERICAIRLINES

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

Small mistake in dutch,two of the three hotels are ex sabena owned

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Too bad they will do two flights a week out of four via BUD. Could it mean Malev is offering them better connexions than b.air ?
In favor of quality air travel.

OrientThai

Post by OrientThai »

Brubiac wrote: Just to be sure, you mean octobre/novembre this year?
Yes according to the station manager HU will fly their A330s to BRU starting October/November 2007.
Moreover the flights in October are pretty full!
This route could get only better in the future!

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

OrientThai wrote:
Brubiac wrote: Just to be sure, you mean octobre/novembre this year?
Yes according to the station manager HU will fly their A330s to BRU starting October/November 2007.
Moreover the flights in October are pretty full!
This route could get only better in the future!
Thank you, it's nice to know.