Air Wales links Brussels with Cardiff !!!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

Most of my "special experience" flights have been much lees than full-service ones!

1 hour 45 in a ropey Cessna 150 (about 23 years old! - the aircraft not me)

Being dragged off the ground by winch at what seemed an almost vertical angle, strapped into a steel tube and fabric covered contraption laughingly called a K-13 glider - no tray of tea & stickies on that flight!

After these flights and others the fact that all I get for my money is a seat and a safe flight - who cares! Seriously, don't knock 'em 'til you've tried 'em - you may find that you like what you get.

One of my favourite flight was a sector from Columbus(Ohio) to Orlando on a very stormy afternoon, dodging the build-ups all the way across the Southern States whilst enjoying the hospitality of Southwest AL - packet of peanuts and a glass of cola - just an awe-inspiring experience flying at 350 looking up 15K fet to the flat tops of the thunder clouds - all for $109!!!

Meerkat

A318

Post by A318 »

In 10 days I will enjoy 3 days in Edinburgh ofcourse flying LCC but this time with EasyJet.
If any of you has a nice tip for me where to go in EDI please let me know.

@Comet, don't start it all over again please, this is really getting anoying!

Greetz,

Erwin
Last edited by A318 on 20 Jan 2004, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.
A Whole Different Animal

A318

Post by A318 »

What I like most from travelling to a unknown city is to discover it all by myself.

I just realise I am 747 member :mrgreen:

:kvole: :mexwave:
:thumbsup:

Erwin
Last edited by A318 on 20 Jan 2004, 14:10, edited 2 times in total.
A Whole Different Animal

jetstream7

Post by jetstream7 »

Let's hope this service is succesful - Manx / British Regional / British AW had their service many years before they pulled out of Cardiff, and people who I know flew on this service said loads were always ok.

Unfortunately, Air Wales' marketing does not seem to be a strong point.

All you guys in belgium should get over here to Wales and visit us - it's a beautiful country, though CWL is not the greatest airport to spot at!

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

jetstream7 wrote:Let's hope this service is succesful - Manx / British Regional / British AW had their service many years before they pulled out of Cardiff, and people who I know flew on this service said loads were always ok.
Indeed, there must be a market as the previous service to EBBR lasted more than a decade: 08/04/1991-05/01/03.

SS

pegasus

Post by pegasus »

1st Air Wales in BRU is going to be GTAWE,
brgds
PGT