Cargo B Airlines starting from October 2007?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

OO-VEX

Post by OO-VEX »

An interesting article about Cargo at Brussels Airport
:arrow: Brussels bounces back with lower prices

OO-VEX

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

It's good to find out that the (rather silly) discussion about the uniform is over. Thus back to the topic: the entry of the new investors and the realisation of 20.000.000 euro new funds was published in Belgium's State Gazette on 26th June 2007

sorry, text is only available in Dutch:
http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/tsv_pd ... 090340.pdf

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Has somebody some news when the first B747 will arrive at Brussels Airport? Is it already painted?

Thanks

TCAS_climb

Post by TCAS_climb »

And what about the issuance of their Air Operator's Certificate by the BCAA ?

AVION1

Post by AVION1 »

Should be Sunday
05 Août 74X OO-CBA Cargo B Airlines -ORY- end of paintshop,ex F-GCBK

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

AVION1 wrote:Should be Sunday
05 Août 74X OO-CBA Cargo B Airlines -ORY- end of paintshop,ex F-GCBK
Thanks for that info Avion1. Do you know perhaps when she will arrive?

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

Atlantis wrote:Has somebody some news when the first B747 will arrive at Brussels Airport? Is it already painted?

Thanks
Saw her today. Paintjob have been posponed a bit for an other plane to be painted (TF-AMI). Paintjob now completed, only regs have still to be added. Few mechanics things have to be fixed, as the customer like poo-poo's.

OO-VEX

Post by OO-VEX »

And here it is: the first picture of a Cargo B B747

This plane is expected at BRU during the last week of August.

edit: Credits to Cargo B for putting this picture on their website.

OO-VEX
Last edited by OO-VEX on 07 Aug 2007, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

:shock:

Very nice, especially the B ...

At first sight I don't see doors in this beauty ... Is this the one with a nose door?

Regards,
Danny

EHAM

Post by EHAM »

DannyVDB wrote::shock:

Very nice, especially the B ...

At first sight I don't see doors in this beauty ... Is this the one with a nose door?

Regards,
Danny
If this is the ex F-GCBK it is a nose loader. The reason you can't see any doors, is because the maindeck cargodoor is on the left side of the aircraft. You can see however the forward lowerdeck door.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

EHAM,

Thanks for the response ...

Don't know much about cargo :)

Danny

cyrano

Post by cyrano »

Does someone has any information when the first Cargo B 747 will arrive in BRU?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

cyrano wrote:Does someone has any information when the first Cargo B 747 will arrive in BRU?
Last week of August

cyrano

Post by cyrano »

Thanks for the info :thumbsup: !

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

A little bit off topic but very interesting:

We know that Cargo B Airlines gets its aircrafts via 3P Air Freighters Limited. This company is owned by Petercam.

An other company, Qat ARKiv, invested now 24,97% in 3P Air Freighters.

One of the conditions was that Cargo B Airlines can show that they are fully booked for freight the next couple of months. The airplanes has to make money out of October.
When not, then they can use the current capacity problems. This means, that planes of Cargo B Airlines, can be hired to other freight companies.

Cargo B Airlines is one of next new players who can fill the gap after DHL. In 2008, Brussels Airport will loose 275.000 tons. This means that Brussels Airport will loose its current 6th position on the European market and will show up at place 43.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Hi Atlantis.
From where do you get this info that BRU will loose 275 000 ton?
DHL and EAT will fly from BRU and we now today with the same numbers of pilots so it will decrease but not so much.DHL will stil be a big player here.
Regards
Patrice
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

lumumba wrote:Hi Atlantis.
From where do you get this info that BRU will loose 275 000 ton?
DHL and EAT will fly from BRU and we now today with the same numbers of pilots so it will decrease but not so much.DHL will stil be a big player here.
Regards
Patrice
DHL / EAT will still have its regional fleet at Brussels Airport after 2008. But the difference between a real big hub and a regional fleet on an airport is a big difference.

On an other topic, don't know what topic but it was months ago, I gave already those figures and what we could expect at the end of the year. It seems that my figures are now confirmed by the article I red about Cargo B Airlines.

You should be surprised what an inpact it will be. Within a year it will comes clear. If Brussels airport will take again its position in the top 10 then there is work to do. Not next year, but now. I wonder what Singaport Cargo will do with its 7th freedom.
An other thing: when you look at the freighter timetable then you will see that there are daily one, two or three cancellations. Per day, that's a lot of cargo, per month that's huge.

That's why it is very important to build Brucargo West.

BTW: it was an 'article' in PMV-kmo with a link to the QAT-newsletter

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

I know that the DC-10s of World Airways Cargo and Gemini Air Cargo operating long haul flights to USA (for DHL) will move to Leipzig.

(sorry if off topic)

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Hi Atlantis.
I can not believe that they are not going to fly with long haul planes.
They need Bru first for it's strategic position also I think they need Leipzig to grow but on the long term or medium Bru will not move a lot from what's now.
Can you imagine a letter coming from New york and going to Paris,Ams,London...etc first to leipzig and then with a truck to this places they will loose a lot of time.
The biggest market is HERE between those City's.
Sure they need to grow an a lot and for sure it was a way to put pressure here to get more but Bru will fill the gap very easy .
New slots are available at night it will be taken.
Sory for this of topic situation.
Regards
Patrice
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

lumumba wrote:Hi Atlantis.
I can not believe that they are not going to fly with long haul planes.
They need Bru first for it's strategic position also I think they need Leipzig to grow but on the long term or medium Bru will not move a lot from what's now.
Can you imagine a letter coming from New york and going to Paris,Ams,London...etc first to leipzig and then with a truck to this places they will loose a lot of time.
The biggest market is HERE between those City's.
Sure they need to grow an a lot and for sure it was a way to put pressure here to get more but Bru will fill the gap very easy .
New slots are available at night it will be taken.
Sory for this of topic situation.
Regards
Patrice
DHL will be the only freighter who can operate at night. At this moment, and I'm sure also in the future, no other freighters are going to fly at night. Cargo B Airlines will fly, in the first years, with B742 and they are not allowed to fly at night to and from BRU. They forseen only dayflights.