Cargo B Airlines starting from October 2007?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Has the aircraft been in the air since its arrival at BRU?
Perhaps there may have been no need for additional test flights since its delivery flight from ORY.

How much heat will CBB experience from the competing SQ operations to and from JNB via NBO?
Expectedly the NBO-BRU market is large enough to share it with 3 players (incl. the SN A330 services).
SQ7344 1------ 04.00 h 11.55 h 74Y 2008-2210
CBB1702 1------ 08.00 h 16.00 h 74F 2810-2903

fly

Post by fly »

Well let me comment on that, first hand experience.....
Training is rather good and given by martinair holland....
All the guys and girls that work in the offices are all coming from leading belgian and forreign companies and are doing a good job , on time and under lots of pressure and they are working day and night.
They hired lots of people type rated on the machine who are setting a big standard flying wise and operational wise and at the moment are training or finalising the training of the first non type rated crews.
They really did hire the top notch believe me.
Do not forget the team that started in feb is now delivering all the goods only couple of months later with the first aircraft delivered and starting to fly in a couple of hours of now...
I guess in my opinion they don't diserve the bashing you gave, i guess time will tell...

744rules

Post by 744rules »

The plans for BRU are that the 3 JNB bound flts will go thru AMS. Don't know about the traffic ex JNB/NBO

BRU will get 3 ORD flts and one (maybe 2 ) a/c will be positioned here.

@fly

when I was talking about ops, I was refering to ground ops, not flying ops
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

NimbusFlyer

Post by NimbusFlyer »

Just to give info on some interesting issues.
Their AHM is a patchwork of different manuals (boeing, other airlines, own input,....)
Well, that's the way a start-up is done. It will take years before these are finalized. Best example is Thomas Cook, at the start-up their books were a combination of Lufthansa/Condor Berlin/Sabena/Airbus. These things take time.
Don't know who YOU have in mind, but the ones I have in mind are not what I call "TOP"
Several, but same here, I don’t know you have in mind…
You need more than a shiny a/c to be a succesfull airline
This would be nice off course, but new aircraft are way too expensive in leasing for a start-up. First make sure you can actually run the operation. The business plan of CargoB includes new/recent aircraft to replace the old B742 as from 2010.
I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt
Seems like the best thing do if we want to support new initiatives like this one. At least CargoB got airborne, something we can not say from BEAP – MD11, the other cargo project in Belgium a few years ago.

Established02

Post by Established02 »

LX-LGX wrote:CBB1701, the first revenue cargo-flight, is scheduled to leave Sunday morning at 07h00
route: BRU-LBV-JNB
According to the airport website the aircraft has not departed yet (09h15), without indicating a possible delay.

Lyulka

Post by Lyulka »

Website now shows as departed at 9:44.
Hooray, she's in the air!

Accry

Departed

Post by Accry »

She departed @ 09.44 .............
Have a nice flight guys.

Cheers

Accry

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Here is a very enjoyable story from a Flemish newspaper about how poor some journo's are informed if they get information from just one source. This is what Het Laatste Nieuws, apparently taking over a Belga-story, today tells us:

http://www.hln.be/hlns/cache/det/art_61 ... n=homeHVDN

HLN: "The Belgian CAA has given a AOC for a B747-288F to a new BRU-based company Cargo B Airlines. This news comes from action group Air Libre Brussels, who also says that the AOC was given without technical inspection and special checked flight."

Think we indeed can confirm what the newspaper reveals = that Cargo B exists. Air Libre Brussels however has a point here, as the AOC was delivered on 02th Oct, without previous technical inspection and checked flight. However, knowing our CAA, I'm sure the necessary checks have been done meanwhile.

"HLN: From a good aviation source, we know that the plane had his first flight yesterday.”

Congrats Belga/HLN: your source indeed is well informed. A pay rise is evident for such scoop. Cargo B had hoped to keep the first revenue flight top secret, although we all knew that wouldn’t be easy since all cargo arr/dep are shown on BRU's website, and there's also luchtzak.be who informed about the first flight. So let's confess: the first flight indeed took place yesterday... Details are above.

"HLN: According to Air Libre Brussels, the plane was bought from Air France, and it’s at least 16 years old. ."

Rob Kuijpers clearly hasn’t invited the guys from Air Libre to the plane's 19th birthday party, a month ago...

"HLN: It’s a noisy plane that can carry 199,000 litres of fuel and 374 tons of cargo."

First outgoing cargo was 98 tons.

- - -
OO-CBA
747-288F
c/n 24158
First flight date 11/09/1988
Test registration N6055X
Previous registration F-GCBK 20/09/1988-25/05/07 (then stored at ORY)

744rules

Post by 744rules »

[quote="LX-LGX"]
"HLN: It’s a noisy plane that can carry 199,000 litres of fuel and 374 tons of cargo."

maxtow 377.842kg
maxzfw 281.680kg
dow 156.430

gives a max payload of 125.250kg

The fuel figs in liter depends on the density. The max weight is 157.080KG at a SG of 0.800
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

744rules wrote:
LX-LGX wrote: "HLN: It’s a noisy plane that can carry 199,000 litres of fuel and 374 tons of cargo."

maxtow 377.842kg
maxzfw 281.680kg
dow 156.430

gives a max payload of 125.250kg

The fuel figs in liter depends on the density. The max weight is 157.080KG at a SG of 0.800
Thanks 744rules - but just to make sure: the quotes were indeed from Air Libre Brussels and the journalist from HLN (Het Laatste Nieuws). I'm pretty sure that these guys think your detailed figures are a kind of war code, a radio frequency - or perhaps the cell phone numbers from the crew.

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

According to luchtvaartnieuws.nl the second route will be launched in November : Brussels-Sao Paulo-Quito.

The third route will be launched in January : Brussels-Atlanta-Mexico.

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

14/10/2007: the airframe rolling on the rwy 20 on its maiden trip to Africa. 8)

TWR

Post by TWR »

As we all know by now,

Air Libre Bruxelles can say whatever they want, because Belgian press will gladly take it over without any doubts...

Over and over again... :cry:

Ziplepingouin

Post by Ziplepingouin »

A real beauty this plane! :D

Un avion bruyant au-dessus de Bruxelles

La Direction générale du transport aérien vient d'autoriser la mise en service à l'aéroport de Zaventem du Boeing 747-228F de la nouvelle compagnie Cargo B Airlines, malgré l'absence d'inspection technique et de vol de certification. C'est ce que dénonce ce lundi l'association Bruxelles Air Libre Brussel.

De source digne de foi dans le milieu aéronautique, il s'est confirmé ce lundi que le premier vol de cet avion au départ de Zaventem avait eu lieu dimanche.

Selon Bruxelles Air Libre, cet appareil racheté à Air France a au moins 16 ans, si pas largement plus. C'est un appareil bruyant, son Q(uota)C(ount) étant supérieur à 20. Il emporte 199.000 litres de kérosène et peut embarquer 374 tonnes de marchandises. « Depuis des années, les responsables politiques nous rabâchent que le problème des nuisances sonores de l'aéroport de Zaventem sera résolu par la modernisation des flottes aériennes, par l'arrivée d'appareils ultra-silencieux et que Bruxelles a impérativement besoin d'un aéroport proche pour accueillir hommes d'affaires, chefs d'État, fonctionnaires internationaux Mais dans le même temps, on constate que l'activité qui se développe le plus à Zaventem est le fret », a souligné l'association de riverains. Bruxelles Air libre a rappelé qu'il s'agissait d'une activité assurée par des avions cargos, pratiquement toujours des gros appareils de seconde main, bruyants, et qui décollent lourdement chargés en marchandises et en kérosène.

« Ce n'est pas tout de faire risette aux côtés de Nicolas Hulot avant les élections ni de signer un pacte écologique. Il faut aussi prendre les mesures qui vont avec.

Quel est le bilan carbone des fraises, des haricots et des fleurs que va nous amener à grand bruit ce vieux coucou », a enfin demandé Bruxelles Air Libre.

(d'après Belga)
www.lesoir.be

TWR

Post by TWR »

Quel est le bilan carbone des fraises, des haricots et des fleurs que va nous amener à grand bruit ce vieux coucou », a enfin demandé Bruxelles Air Libre

As if they care about THAT !!

:D :D :D :D :D

Ziplepingouin

Post by Ziplepingouin »

TWR wrote:
Quel est le bilan carbone des fraises, des haricots et des fleurs que va nous amener à grand bruit ce vieux coucou », a enfin demandé Bruxelles Air Libre
As if they care about THAT !!
:D :D :D :D :D
Thats the point!