Cargo B Airlines starting from October 2007?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

website-info

Post by website-info »

another pic, this time prior to a test flight I guess

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/viewpho ... picid=4032

T

contrailwatcherUK

Post by contrailwatcherUK »

Hello,

Does anyone know what the ICAO code will be?

thanks,
CwUK

rut-her

Post by rut-her »

contrailwatcherUK wrote:Hello,

Does anyone know what the ICAO code will be?

thanks,
CwUK
CBB

Greetz,
Rutger

contrailwatcherUK

Post by contrailwatcherUK »

Thanks Rutger! :)

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

cyrano wrote:Does someone has any information when the first Cargo B 747 will arrive in BRU?
On the website of Cargo B:
"The first aircraft will be delivered on September 1st, followed on October 1st, 2007 by the second B747-200 freighter. The third B747-200F will join the fleet on the first of April 2008."

Normaly Saterday we have a first visti of the B742F of CBA.

Kind regards
Bavo

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

And on the Cargo B Airlines site you can also find now a first picture of the first truck who will drive for Cargo B Airlines. Owner of the truck is the company Jan De Rijck. The truck is now at Brucargo.

Its a cooler for flowers and vegetables transport.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Hi everybody.
From De Standaard But only in dutch.
Means that DHL is going to keep 10 take off flight's by night (30 now)
And also long haul flight's NY and Lagos.
Regards
Patrice

In plaats van de eerst aangekondigde zes zou het koerierbedrijf DHL tien opstijgende nachtvluchten overhouden op de luchthaven van Zaventem na het vertrek van zijn Europese knooppunt en sorteercentrum ('hub') naar het Oost-Duitse Leipzig. Dat heeft De Standaard in vakbondskringen vernomen. Tegenwoordig zijn er 30 vluchten per nacht.

De reden is dat de regionale activiteiten die op Zaventem overblijven, beter draaien dan verwacht. Ook zou er nog een deel intercontinentaal verkeer hier blijven, met name vluchten naar New York en het Nigeriaanse Lagos. Op jaarbasis zou dat 2.600 vertrekkende nachtvluchten betekenen.

De directie van het bedrijf wil het nieuws nog niet bevestigen. 'We werken eraan', zegt directiewoordvoerder Xavier de Buck, 'maar niets staat vast. Het klopt dat de zaken erg goed gaan. In oktober zullen we meer communiceren.'

De gevolgen voor het aantal arbeidsplaatsen zouden niet zo groot zijn. Het extra werk zou opgevangen worden door meer mensen voltijds in te schakelen.

Het was al bekend dat er na het vertrek van de hub minder banen verloren gaan dan eerst vooropgesteld: ongeveer 1.250 in plaats van 1.650 van de in totaal 2.500.

Sinds begin deze maand mogen vrijwillige vertrekkers zich melden, maar de werknemers kijken de kat uit de boom, luidt het bij de bonden. In januari wordt bekend wie moet gaan.

In april 2008 heeft de grote verhuizing plaats. Op Zaventem blijft een regionale hub voor de Benelux en een deel van Noord-Frankrijk en West-Duitsland.

De beslissing viel na een grote politieke crisis in dit land. De federale, de Vlaamse en de Brusselse regering raakten het niets eens over de leefmilieugrenzen (vooral geluidshinder) waarbinnen DHL mocht groeien. Daarop besloot de bedrijfsleiding de expansieplannen in Leipzig te realiseren.

Volgens de huidige milieuvergunning van Zaventem zijn per jaar maximaal 25.000 nachtvluchten (landingen en vertrekken) mogelijk. De drie regeringen kwamen in 2005 overeen om die grens naar 18.000 te laten zakken, waarvan 5.500 vertrekkende. De milieubeweging en de omwonenden pleiten voor een afbouw en een uiteindelijk einde van de nachtvluchten.

In 2006 werden er 24.761 nachtvluchten uitgevoerd, waarvan 14.664 door DHL.

Tom Ysebaert
Hasta la victoria siempre.

ERICAIRLINES

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

somebody knows how many jobs have been created by Cargo B till now ?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

lumumba wrote:From De Standaard But only in dutch.
But in English, of course, only on Luchtzak!
André
ex Sabena #26567

website-info

Post by website-info »

Guys,

with the first flight 14/10 can someone in the know give me the arrival and departure times in Johannesburg, got a couple of local photographers hoping it's in daylight hours,

Rgds
Tony

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

website-info wrote: with the first flight 14/10 can someone in the know give me the arrival and departure times in Johannesburg, got a couple of local photographers hoping it's in daylight hours.
The first flight from OO-CBA is published in luchtzak.be's spotters database (click on Oct 2007).

https://www.aviation24.be/spotters-database.html

For the actual flight details, you can check all ETA/ETD from all cargo-planes to/from BRU on the airports' own website:

ETD = http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/brucargo/departures/

ETA = http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/brucargo/arrivals/

By clicking on Track (tracking info) you also get an idea of the EQP (although that one still has not all details, i.e. 74F could be a 742, 743, 744)

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

website-info wrote:Guys,

with the first flight 14/10 can someone in the know give me the arrival and departure times in Johannesburg, got a couple of local photographers hoping it's in daylight hours,

Rgds
Tony
Take a look at the website of Cargo B.
You can find the whole list with departure en arrival times all where the B742 make a stop.

Cargo B: Schedule Winter 2007-2008

Kind regards
Bavo

website-info

Post by website-info »

LX-LGX wrote:
website-info wrote: with the first flight 14/10 can someone in the know give me the arrival and departure times in Johannesburg, got a couple of local photographers hoping it's in daylight hours.
The first flight from OO-CBA is published in luchtzak.be's spotters database (click on Oct 2007).

https://www.aviation24.be/spotters-database.html

For the actual flight details, you can check all ETA/ETD from all cargo-planes to/from BRU on the airports' own website:

ETD = http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/brucargo/departures/

ETA = http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/brucargo/arrivals/

By clicking on Track (tracking info) you also get an idea of the EQP (although that one still has not all details, i.e. 74F could be a 742, 743, 744)

none of which actually gave me an answer to my question of time in JNB !!

but thanks Sparrow for the link, that is just what I was looking for

Rgds
Tony

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

perhaps on www.acsa.co.za ?

website-info

Post by website-info »

LX-LGX wrote:perhaps on www.acsa.co.za ?
nope not on there yet either, but sorted now, and all have been informed,

Many Thanks
Tony

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

CBB1701, the first revenue cargo-flight, is scheduled to leave Sunday morning at 07h00

route: BRU-LBV-JNB

744rules

Post by 744rules »

hope they can achieve what they promise, because what I've heard and seen so far, they score rather good on the scale of amateurism. On the operational side there are still lot's of gaps and blanks to be filled out
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

NimbusFlyer

Post by NimbusFlyer »

744rules wrote:hope they can achieve what they promise, because what I've heard and seen so far, they score rather good on the scale of amateurism. On the operational side there are still lot's of gaps and blanks to be filled out
What have you heard? Rumours? What have you seen? Have you visited them? Seems to me you are bashing while you do not have a clue what you are talking about. Amateurism? The guys doing the start-up are anything but amateurs, they are the absolute ‘top’ in aviation.

744rules

Post by 744rules »

@nimbusflyer

trust me on this one.

Nobody really knows who does what. Their AHM is a patchwork of different manuals (boeing, other airlines, own input,....) and has lots of conflicting info. Same as some of their operational docs.

The guys doing the start-up are anything but amateurs, they are the absolute ‘top’ in aviation.
Don't know who YOU have in mind, but the ones I have in mind are not what I call "TOP".

By the way, I am not bashing anybody and I have not visited them. I just observe.

You need more than a shiny a/c to be a succesfull airline, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Sad to see over and again on these pages: as soon as anything happens in Belgian aviation, there's someone ready with negative information - no, excuse me, not information, only rumours, nothing traceable, nothing factual.

Member "744rules" at least is fair enough to leave some room for doubt. Let us wait and see - and hope!